Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 233

Thread: PC Engine Super System3 RGB Tech Support.

  1. #51
    There can be only one. Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

    Posts
    5,631
    Yeah, I was just referring to systems.

  2. #52
    Neosd Developer neosd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Europe

    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    The RetroRGB/Voultar/db crew is really fucking annoying. That show they do together is awful. They're talking about fucking video games but act like they're curing cancer.
    I think this yotube phenomenon is taking out a lot of tards under the rocks.

    I mean, i am not talking specifically about RetroRGB but i see so many people on youtube that couldnīt even tie the laces alone, thiking they are top guys.

    Most of those canīt even make a proper video recording. You can easy spot a guy that does a proper recording and a proper editing from others that just say stupid things in a camera with 0 effort.

    Every teen now thinks he is going to be a superstar uploading shit there. Mosf of those dosenīt even knows what working hard is.
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  3. #53
    1st Lt, Sonic Wings Squadron
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jibba the ribba who jibba's ma bibba.

    Posts
    5,068
    Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    I mean, i am not talking specifically about RetroRGB but i see so many people on youtube that couldnīt even tie the laces alone, thiking they are top guys.


    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  4. #54

  5. #55
    NAM-75 Vet

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pico Rivera, CA.

    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    I think this yotube phenomenon is taking out a lot of tards under the rocks.

    I mean, i am not talking specifically about RetroRGB but i see so many people on youtube that couldnīt even tie the laces alone, thiking they are top guys.

    Every teen now thinks he is going to be a superstar uploading shit there. Mosf of those dosenīt even knows what working hard is.
    Teens (and some grown ups) use to say they would be in the NFL or NBA, now they think they are going to be YouTube stars.

    What a joke, especially when they are full of shit.
    Last edited by sr20det510; 12-22-2017 at 10:20 PM.

  6. #56
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Next to your mom

    Posts
    9,285
    How can the dude have any clue about the brightness that the SD3 has without knowing what kind of RGB amp they use? If they don't have the product in their hands testing it they need to shut the fuck up.

    I've modded a ton of PCEs. So has Yodd. We'll let you know how it looks when we get ours.

  7. #57
    Mudman's Mask Designer
    greedostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Taterz in my Slot

    Posts
    3,754
    We're still talking about this RGB cable nonsense!?

    The product hasn't even shipped yet. Out of all the RGB cable makers, I'm positive at least one has ordered a Super System 3. I'm sure those distributors are reading over these Super System 3 threads right now salivating at the thought a new RGB cable may need to be developed so they can push more product.

    A solution will present its self shortly after there is a need for the cable. Just give it a few months and then speculate about this. Contact them or something and tell them about the Super System 3 if you all are that worried, but I'm sure a solution will materialize early 2018 if the Super System 3 ships as planned.

    Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

    Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

    Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots


    [B]

  8. #58
    OxiuqVer
    RevQuixo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Hopewell, NJ USA

    Posts
    3,826
    There is a very technical thread going on over on the shmups forum, that Neodev is participating in, where they are talking about this "issue". Tim Worthington has a solution that he has presented:

    "Neodev,

    I recommend you have your contract manufacturer replace each 75 ohm series resistor on your amplifier with a 22 ohm resistor, if possible. This will solve both your problems (cable compatibility and amplifier attenuation) at once. It does increase the total output impedance to 96 ohms (75 in cable + 22 on board), but that shouldn't have an adverse effect on the video quality."

    Tim knows his stuff, so maybe our RGB nightmare is at at end if Terra Onion can implement it. I guess this would mean taking out the 0 ohm resistors on the SSDS3 and putting in 22 ohm resistors on the board side and leave the MD2 standard cables as-is.
    Last edited by RevQuixo; 12-24-2017 at 10:24 AM.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by RevQuixo View Post
    There is a very technical thread going on over on the shmups forum, that Neodev is participating in, where they are talking about this "issue". Tim Worthington has a solution that he has presented:

    "Neodev,

    I recommend you have your contract manufacturer replace each 75 ohm series resistor on your amplifier with a 22 ohm resistor, if possible. This will solve both your problems (cable compatibility and amplifier attenuation) at once. It does increase the total output impedance to 96 ohms (75 in cable + 22 on board), but that shouldn't have an adverse effect on the video quality."

    Tim knows his stuff, so maybe our RGB nightmare is at at end if Terra Onion can implement it. I guess this would mean taking out the 0 ohm resistors on the SSDS3 and putting in 22 ohm resistors on the board side and leave the MD2 standard cables as-is.
    Yes, that was one of the solutions I proposed (with 21ohm instead, but 22 seems better, and is also a standard value), that means, we will bridge the capacitors, and then replace the 75 ohm with 22, so it works with a standard MD2 cable, and also attenuates the output to normal video levels. We still need to make more tests, as adding that resistor causes impedance mismatch.
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo MVS & AES Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  10. #60
    OxiuqVer
    RevQuixo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Hopewell, NJ USA

    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by neodev View Post
    Yes, that was one of the solutions I proposed (with 21ohm instead, but 22 seems better, and is also a standard value), that means, we will bridge the capacitors, and then replace the 75 ohm with 22, so it works with a standard MD2 cable, and also attenuates the output to normal video levels. We still need to make more tests, as adding that resistor causes impedance mismatch.
    Sounds good. Thanks for being so awesome dealing with us having continued dialogue on the project. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

  11. #61
    Member ovalfastlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    California

    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    The RetroRGB/Voultar/db crew is really fucking annoying. That show they do together is awful. They're talking about fucking video games but act like they're curing cancer.
    [emoji23]🤣

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  12. #62
    Lazy SNK Employee

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sun Prairie, WI

    Posts
    52
    Here's my 2 cents on the RGB talk.

    I've never done any RGB because my Sony WEGA has S-Video and Component, but it recently died :-(

    Also, since the Super SD has an RGB output, I now have to make that move. I'm buying an OSSC on Friday, and since I'm making this move for the Super SD, I figure that I may as well do so for some other consoles that I own as well (I own 68 consoles, so...)

    Also, I like to be prepared, and it'll be beneficial to my excitement to have a compatible cable and the OSSC by the time the Super SD arrives. I really don't want to wait until the device arrives before I figure my cabling solution out.

    So maybe cut-down on the hostility. There are people like me that try to do the research because I've never dabbled in RGB tech before.
    PS Nation Podcast
    Neo Geo AES Serial# 018658 | Neo Geo CD Serial# 0196579

  13. #63
    Neo Bubble Buster
    mistahsnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown, MN

    Posts
    40
    The OSSC is a great device! Just watch out for the compatibility issues.

    In regards to still using a CRT: You should consider a set of Sega Genesis component cables from HD Retrovision. I have several of them for various consoles, and they work great for getting component into my CRTs. They're sold out right now, but there's another production run coming up.
    Last edited by mistahsnart; 01-04-2018 at 08:02 AM.

  14. #64
    Lazy SNK Employee

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sun Prairie, WI

    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahsnart View Post
    The OSSC is a great device! Just watch out for the compatibility issues.

    In regards to still using a CRT: You should consider a set of Sega Genesis component cables from HD Retrovision. I have several of them for various consoles, and they work great for getting component into my CRTs. They're sold out right now, but there's another production run coming up.
    Compatibility issues? What type?

    re: CRT
    If I could get the WEGA fixed, I totally would, but I doubt that's a possibility any more :-( I plan to stream/record video anyway, so the OSSC is happening no matter what though.
    PS Nation Podcast
    Neo Geo AES Serial# 018658 | Neo Geo CD Serial# 0196579

  15. #65
    Member X68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    at your mums house

    Posts
    31
    When will the tools be available to create preview tiles etc pls?

  16. #66
    Neosd Developer neosd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Europe

    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by X68 View Post
    When will the tools be available to create preview tiles etc pls?
    Good question, i have to ask neodev.

    Tools are ready but GadgetUK told us that the tool was crashing on his computer. We didnīt had this issue here, and i was working on other things so i donīt really know if this issue was replicated/solved
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  17. #67
    Neo Bubble Buster
    mistahsnart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Parts Unknown, MN

    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by torgo100 View Post
    Compatibility issues? What type?
    Since the OSSC runs without a framebuffer, it passes the odd timings and quirks that older consoles put out straight to your display. The compatibility comes in on a display-by-display basis. Some work great, some don't. Good place to start with your research is here.

    I'm not trying to deter you, as it's a great product. Just be mindful that it has quirks, and in some cases, just won't work with a given display.

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    Good question, i have to ask neodev.

    Tools are ready but GadgetUK told us that the tool was crashing on his computer. We didnīt had this issue here, and i was working on other things so i donīt really know if this issue was replicated/solved
    The tools are almost ready, just that issue that gadgetuk had when scanning some cdroms. I need to send him a build that logs the errors instead of crashing
    Also I've been trying to make it work on linux and mac. So far the command line conversion works but the UI isn't. It's a plain .NET application, this time there are not weird VC++ runtime requirements, just the standard .net (or mono for mac and linux)
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo MVS & AES Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  19. #69
    Camel Slug
    grendelrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    VA

    Posts
    663
    So when ordering a Genesis 2 cable , it looks like there is a composite video version and a csync version. Not sure what the difference on these two is internally, any one we should lean towards?

    https://retro-access.com/collections...o-sync-version

    https://retro-access.com/collections...o-sync-version

  20. #70
    Tung's Hair Stylist
    sparksterz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rochester, NY

    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
    So when ordering a Genesis 2 cable , it looks like there is a composite video version and a csync version. Not sure what the difference on these two is internally, any one we should lean towards?

    https://retro-access.com/collections...o-sync-version

    https://retro-access.com/collections...o-sync-version
    In the first post on that thread:
    It also outputs TTL level csync (negative hsync & vsync)
    So, go csync.

  21. #71
    Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Next to your mom

    Posts
    9,285
    That doesn't really answer his question though as the cables will be pulling sync from different pins. If you want to be safe the composite sync cable would definitely work since NeoSD has stated that Genesis composite cables will work, but TO would have to answer if they also have csync going to the other pin.


  22. #72
    Camel Slug
    grendelrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    VA

    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by sparksterz View Post
    In the first post on that thread:


    So, go csync.
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    That doesn't really answer his question though as the cables will be pulling sync from different pins. If you want to be safe the composite sync cable would definitely work since NeoSD has stated that Genesis composite cables will work, but TO would have to answer if they also have csync going to the other pin.

    Yup, wasnt sure what the difference in wiring is, I would prefer to use a csync cable if possible (not a big deal either way).

  23. #73
    NEST Puppet
    flashbackx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    172
    Pictures of the Retro Access Csync cable for neosd:

    cab1.jpg

    cab2.jpg

    cab3.jpg

    Best I could do Let me know if you need a better shot.

  24. #74
    Neosd Developer neosd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Europe

    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by flashbackx View Post
    Pictures of the Retro Access Csync cable for neosd:

    cab1.jpg

    cab2.jpg

    cab3.jpg

    Best I could do Let me know if you need a better shot.
    Could you remove a bit the plastic that is covering the capacitors ? i would like to know if those are missing the resistors (it looks like on those pictures, but i am not sure ...)

    Thanks for the pictures !
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  25. #75
    NEST Puppet
    flashbackx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    172
    Well, I tried to. It's taped and stuck really good... won't peel off. I'd have to cut it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •