How many times have you purchased Street Fighter 2?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
WW, Turbo and Super on SNES
WW, CE and HF PCBs
CE on MD and PCE

So... 8 times :D

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Literally dozens of times over including actual Arcade Boards and every console iteration you can think of. I'm even gonna buy the 30th anniversary collection because why wouldn't I?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
SNES- SF2, SF2T, SSF2
Playstation- Street Fighter Collection 2

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
SNES - Street Fighter II The World Warrior / Street Fighter II Turbo
Genesis - Street Fighter Special Chamionship Edition / Super Street Fighter II New Challengers
PS2/Xbox - Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. Being able to select CPS1/CPS2 and especially 3D0 music is awesome.
360(rip my Xbox) HD Remix
Arcade - Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting / Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master challenge

Even though the ports on SNES/Genesis are far from good, some of the music remixes I enjoy quite a bit. Also its pretty cool being able to play CE/New Challengers with Turbo that isn't Anniversary Edition/old character codes in Super Turbo.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Dozens and Dozens.

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Does the Street Fighter Movie game count? That thing was awful.

Damn, I forgot all about that game, but I have that on Saturn too. I would think it would count, as it's based more-or-less on SSF2 Turbo just with Mortal Kombat-esque digitized actors/actresses instead of the usual cartoony sprites.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Does the Street Fighter Movie game count? That thing was awful.

LMgs3xU.gif

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Great game. Mainly rented the Special Championship Edition until my bother got it for Christmas, then I just played his copy endlessly.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Great thread and also soooo fucking depressing.

1. Street fighter 2 , Street Fighter 2 Turbo , Super Street fighter Snes
2 . Street Fighter 2 CE , Super SF2 Gensis
3. SF Collection Ps1
4. SF 2 Aniversary Collection PS2
5. SF Collection Sega Saturn US and JPN
6. SF HD Remix PS3
7. SF Hyper Fighting PCB
8. Capcom Collections Xbox

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
SF the movie is actually alot of fun. It's based on ST, but I'm not counting it in this thread.

Which version of SF Movie are you referring to? The arcade version and the console play very differently. Personally the arcade is more fun while the console plays like a bad port of ST. Also there's that awful version of the anime movie on PSX as well.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Which version of SF Movie are you referring to? The arcade version and the console play very differently. Personally the arcade is more fun while the console plays like a bad port of ST. Also there's that awful version of the anime movie on PSX as well.

While I do like the arcade version, the Saturn version is a ton of fun. It's like ST with juggles.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I've never bought SFII. Only one I have is a beat up SNES cart, that was "digitally discounted" from a guy I knew in my childhood. However if you count SSFII, then I bought that one for SNES too, more than 20 years ago. Still have it to this day. Love it.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
SFII was great to play when I bought it for the SNES.

SF2 Turbo wasn't as exciting when I first played it on SNES. Before I bought it, I was really excited about playing as the bosses, and using the new moves, like the aerial hurricane kick. But when I played it, I found that the bosses were severely toned down from the arcade Champion Edition- especially M. Bison, who was useless against a good Ryu/Ken player. You couldn't do scissor kicks without delay, like the Bison boss in SF2, and Bison in the arcade (and maybe TG16) SF2CE, could do. It's not as if Bison was invincible in the arcade CE anyway- they didn't need to tone him down so much for SF2T. But I guess his redizzy combos and six-hit psycho crusher in arcade CE were a little over the top. But no version of SF2 (before SSF2T) had balanced gameplay anyway, as Ryu and Ken had their invincible dragon punches. I had played SF2 to death on SNES before I got SF2T, which was just an upgraded version of it, so the experience of SF2T wasn't as good as SF2, because it wasn't new. The SF2CE included in the SNES SF2T was just SF2T with some moves removed- the actual gameplay mechanics and hit detection were the same. So it wasn't a real conversion of SF2CE.

I have read on the net that the Genesis versions of SF2CE, SF2T, SSF2 were better than SNES, because the gameplay mechanics were better. Gameplay was smoother, and you could do the CPS combos that you couldn't do on the SNES versions. I would have perhaps gotten the Genesis versions at the time, if I had known that. But it was too much of a subtle difference for any of the game magazine reviews at the time to pick up on. They all said the SNES versions were better, because they had better graphics and sound.

Shame that Hyper SF2 AE, Alpha 2 Gold, and Alpha 3 Max aren't included in it though.
But, I think it is the first SF collection that has included the first Street Fighter.

Last edited:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
SNES: SF2
Genesis: SF2CE
3DO: SSF2Turbo
Saturn: SF Collection
PS2: Anniversary Collection, Capcom Classics Collection Vol 1&2
PSP: Capcom Classics Collection Remix and Reloaded
PS3: SSF2HDR
Xbox 360: SF2HF, Capcom Digital Collection

I'll definitely be picking up the new collection on the Switch when it comes out in May. Shame that Hyper SF2 AE, Alpha 2 Gold, and Alpha 3 Max aren't included in it though. Probably gonna be DLC for more money-milking without a doubt. :thevt:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I never had SF2 when we had a SNES but years later in high school someone overheard me saying I wanted SF2 for the SNES and he brought his SSF2 cart to school and gave it to me for nothing at all. Probably a good day, probably.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I don't have anything further to add, but I just saw this on DeviantArt and, given the subject of the thread, thought you guys might get a chuckle out of it like I did:

wolvie cucked.jpg

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Off the top....

SNES - 1
GENESIS - 2
SATURN - 2
PS2 - 3
XBOX - 1
PS3 - 2
360 - 2

The thing is, outside of HD Remix, and SNES and GENESIS ports, I dont really buy SF2. I buy another game and SF2 comes along for the ride

Last edited:
Ive bought some type of SF related game 49 times...I think its been over a period of 23 years though...I still have all the games except the Genesis version

Sega Genesis - SF2
SNES - SF2, SF2 TURBO
SFC - SF2, SF2 HYPER FIGHTING
Gamecube - CVS2
Dreamcast - SF3 Double Impact, SF3 Third Strike, SF Alpha 3, MVC, MVC2, CVS
Japanese Dreamcast - SF3 Double Impact, SF3 Third Strike, SF Alpha 3, MVC, MVC2, CVS, CVS2
PS1 - SF Alpha, SF Alpha 2, SF Alpha 3, SF Puzzle Fighter
PS2 - SF EX3, SF Anniversary Collection, SF Alpha Anthology, Capcom Fighters Evolution
PS3 - SF4, SF4AE, SSF4, USF4, 3rd Strike, HD Remix, SF x Tekken
PS4 - SF5
PS VITA - SF x Tekken, SF Alpha 1, SF Alpha 2, SF Alpha 3 Max
CPS1 - SF Hyper Fighting
CPS2 - SF Alpha 2, SF Alpha 3, SSF2, SF Hyper Anniversary, XMEN vs SF
CPS3 - Double Impact, Darksoft CPS3

Last edited:

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Good question. Lemme see:

Street Fighter: EX PLUS Alpha (PS)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PS)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PS)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (DC)
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology (PS2)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Xbox)
Street Fighter Collection 2 (PS)
Street Fighter EX3 (PS2)
Street Fighter II (Snes)
Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper Fighting (Snes)
Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting (digital, Xbox 360)
Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition (Mega Drive)
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (DC)
Street Fighter III W Impact (DC)
Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Super Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Street Fighter: The Movie (Saturn)
Street Fighter: The Movie (PS)
Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
Street Fighter X Tekken (Xbox 360)
Street Fighter Zero (Saturn)
Street Fighter Zero 2 (Saturn)
Street Fighter Zero 3 (DC)
Super Street Fighter II (Mega Drive)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (GBA)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (3DS)
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (Xbox 360)
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (PS3)

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection next year will be my 29th SF game Jesus fucking christ.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Certainly all those games are not Street Fighter II or have SFII in them. I mean, should I post Street Fighter 2010 also? What about Street Fighter II Tiger Electronics? What about Street Fighter the Movie on VHS?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
My most played SF2 game would probably be HDR on xbox 360. I logged in at least 4-5hrs a day. As a kid it was most definitely SF2 turbo(hyper fighting) on the SNES. We walked all the way to Sears & it was like $78. Came home & we played it almost 2 days straight...Our thumb had blisters & parents freaked out. My bro ended up buying the turbo touch 360, shit was unresponsive but had the autofire...So Honda & Chun would do the throw in the corner bullshit & started doing hundred hand slap or the lightning kick...Dont know how many fights we had because of SF. I even lost a few friends for couple weeks because of the butthurt.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Certainly all those games are not Street Fighter II or have SFII in them. I mean, should I post Street Fighter 2010 also? What about Street Fighter II Tiger Electronics? What about Street Fighter the Movie on VHS?

The original intention of this thread is how many times you've bought the SFII, though folks have expanded on it. I don't even want to start figuring out how many times I've bought Alpha 3.