Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unibios future version color changes, feedback wanted.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Yes, and only the first 0x300 tiles of that.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Quote Originally Posted by NeoHomeBrew View Post
    Too bad - that means no custom tiles, only the standard system font set could be used?
    According to Raz, yes. I have two questions, though. If this is the standard tileset, does this mean every Neo has the tiles for "Winners Don't Use Drugs"? They're visible in the bottom right corner, on white background.

Fixref01.png

If these are the tiles at our disposal, how was this made? There are no standard tiles that you could build the neobitz logo out of. Not to mention the font for all the text.

Raz did mention it's possible to use other tiles, but he's using the set present on ALL Neos. I guess these wouldn't work, unless you had that particular set?

The 'winners don't use drugs' graphic is only on the MVS sfix ROM. Its not held in the cart, only the first 0x300 tiles are. There are tiles that can be used to make vertical lines in the how to play tiles but that is also outside the first 0x300 tiles.

Yup, you can alter the fonts (on AES) and sprite graphic (MVS/AES) like Jeff did here. He is altering the tile data (because its on the cart). I think in the hypernoid demo videos I have seen NeoHomeBrew does the same for the NeoGeo sprite at least.
    Last edited by Razoola; 12-23-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Rugal's Thug

(Yes, for Hypernoid I have replaced the Neo-Geo logo with custom tiles.)
    I just have exported the standard system font set with NGFX to have a reference. There is really not much scope for new fancy design ideas, looks like you squeezed out the maximum already ...

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    There are tiles that can be used to make vertical lines in the how to play tiles but that is also outside the first 0x300 tiles.
    Interesting, I didn't knew before that some or all "how-to-play" tiles are standardized in all games?
    I should consider to use these fix tile numbers for my how-to-play screen for Hypernoid too to be compatible with UniBios.
    Not much to find about this fact on the wiki yet (https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=HOW_TO_PLAY).
    Last edited by NeoHomeBrew; 12-23-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Only three games use it because the tiles are not available on AES (they are only on the MVS sfix ROM). There is a how to play routine that can be used in the bios though that the page explans. Only three games use it, NAM-1975 is one for example. Its not very good mind.

Crazed MVS Addict

Edit: Actually the third page one with the single red line is really nice. My favorite for what it's worth. Glad Razoola is still making the unibios even better.
    Last edited by Doom; 12-30-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Hardened Shock Trooper

Wonder what's coming as far as features go. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait! I'm excited to see what's gonna be in the next revision.

Another Striker

I'll be picking one of these up. Will be my first upgrade. I know this is asking a lot, but it's more of a question of possibility; would it be possible to have multiple colour sets and make them user select-able? I know it's likely out of the scope of this, but just a question. I have my Neo Geo in a NAC, and it would be neat to have it match the green, pink, white, and yellow colourway.

Thanks RAZ!

yes you can change the colors but only of the ingame menu (on AES you need a memory card).

Crazed MVS Addict

I'd love to know what new features will be present as well.

In terms of cheats, probably a fairly useless request to most, but I'm hoping he ads a KoF 98 boss cheat for arcade/mvs mode, so that Omega Rugal can be selected by pressing start on Rugal, as is possible in home mode.

Would love KoF 99 Krizalid forms and KoF2000 Zero but it's my understanding there's no way to get them to show up as selectable icons on the Neo Geo versions.

Is there a reason you want to play Omega Rugal in MVS mode, why not simply put the unibios into console mode if you want to play a game with him?

Windjammers Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    Is there a reason you want to play Omega Rugal in MVS mode, why not simply put the unibios into console mode if you want to play a game with him?
    Kinda curious about this, I've noticed in the past that some cheats are only available when in AES mode. Why is that?

Because thats how SNK did it.

Thread Information