Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - PS4/XBONE/SW/PC

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I played a bit last night on PC.

I wasn't able to get a good connection for multiplayer, so I mainly played Alpha 2. I noticed the game freezes for a half a second every few minutes. But it does seem like a better port than Saturn at first glance.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
If you care for that sort of thing then the achievements/trophies on this are rubbish. They are along the lines of 360 launch titles with zero effort put into them.

In some areas calling this bare bones would be putting it nicely. Everything about the emulation itself is vastly outclassed by Hamster's ACA series (button mapping, options, visual/audio options). Online has less stat tracking than any other version of any online SF game from the previous generation including the old port of Hyper Fighting. If you're really into Super Turbo you've still got plenty of reasons to hang on to Ultra SFII.

It's also a shame that XB/PS owners get USFIV free for preordering while Switch owners get diddly shit. But in consolation all Switch owners get a cheap throwaway mode that 99% of people will never, ever use. I will say that from what I can tell there seems to be a lot more online Switch lobbies than XB1. I mainly play Hyper Fighting and have never had a problem finding ranked Switch games but XB1 can be a ghost town.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I didn't expect anything crazy for $30 but so far I love it. I own/owned most of these arcade boards and didn't notice any issues with emulation or speed. I prefer to play ST with the speed turned down to 1 but that's about it. Not a big online player so don't care much for that aspect of the game. This collection lets me enjoy some of my favorite SF's on a modern TV and puts it all in one disc, what more can I say. Would have been cool if they put Hyper Anniversary and Alpha 2 Gold but it is what it is.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
If I would buy it, it would be mainly for Alpha 3 and Turd Strike.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
So tempted to get this. How's Super SF2 in this collection?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Played through all of the games once just to check the emulation. SF1 is still unplayable garbage. Super Turbo's AI is still fucking ridiculous on the US version. Vanilla SF3 is still ugly and baaaaaaad. The input lag playing on an LCD TV was killing me on V-ism combos but weirdly not for parries. Gonna need to plug my PS4 in to a low-latency monitor if I wanna play online at all.

Options are barebones but 12 arcade ports with 4 online supported games is still decent for $40 retail. If I wasn't such a sucker, this would be perfect when it eventually goes down to $15/$20. Of course, no one will be playing it then.

Edit: If you mean regular Super SF2, it's still slow as molasses and completely unnecessary once you play Super Turbo unless you REALLY like the Zangief magic SPD glitch or something.

If you meant ST, it seems good. I haven't really had a chance to dig in to it yet but most of that game's quirks seem to be there (weird damage output, the aforementioned ridiculous AI difficulty, Old characters and Akuma). The speed felt a little off to me but that could just be because I played it immediately after player regular Super so my equilibrium might've just been off.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, New Challengers (which is my preferred SF2 game since I'm a fucking weirdo) plays just fine, I haven't tried ST yet. Just keep in mind that Super Turbo is online, while New Challengers is not.

Is it just me or is vanilla SF3 running a hair fast?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Anybody having problems with the ranking? My name dont show up when i check my stats, only my friends. Also my name isn't on the top 50.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Either it doesn't update in real time or it's borked. Neither would surprise me.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Played a bunch online. It's either great or garbage. 3rd strike is just like old times where the players are assholes. Dunno if they have rage quit punishments (highly doubt it) but it's pretty bad right now.

Honestly 3rd Strike feels slightly better then Online Edition. Dunno if I just prefer it being a touch faster but parries feel slightly easier to pull off. ST and 'HF feel a bit fast to me. The Alphas feel fine and original Street Fighter feels easier to pull moves off then other emulators I tried. All in all it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
No point in buying this shitty collection if you already have all of the ROMs for free. This collectiopn has input lags, poor online and matchmaking. I have played a lot of online through ggpo in the past, and it was a way better experience. The is a money-grab.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Just got an Xbone and ordered this...

Kthx...

xROTx

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
No point in buying this shitty collection if you already have all of the ROMs for free. This collectiopn has input lags, poor online and matchmaking. I have played a lot of online through ggpo in the past, and it was a way better experience. The is a money-grab.

How's Bayonetta 2 running on that super rig you got there bud? Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild? God of War? Or how about ANY of the Yakuza games? Why do you even come on this site?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
How's Bayonetta 2 running on that super rig you got there bud? Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild? God of War? Or how about ANY of the Yakuza games? Why do you even come on this site?

...cuz his PC Rig >>>>> the combined gaming of the forum...

He needs to make sure we all pay attention to his awesomeness...

xROTx

PS. On an aside... i will make a youtube video and place it on my newly created channel...

Plz search under "WTF.DoAznsPlayGames.ImmortalTe"

...please subscribe and Patreon me... I haz FAMILIEZ!!! :(

Stuart989

I go wherever I want. Get some new material.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I go wherever I want. Get some new material.

You only come on here and complain about things, or to say your PC is godlike, no one cares. So how about you get some new material. And besides, have you even played this collection, or just read what other people complain about?
I have the collection and use an arcade stick with it, I've had zero issues with this "alleged" input lag you know so much about.

Last edited:

Stuart989

You only come on here and complain about things, or to say your PC is godlike, no one cares. So how about you get some new material. And besides, have you even played this collection, or just read what other people complain about?
I have the collection and use an arcade stick with it, I've had zero issues with this "alleged" input lag you know so much about.

I go wherever I want, and post whatever I want. Deal with it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I go wherever I want, and post whatever I want. Deal with it.

aef569e742aecfde9b58c78ecd610db8.jpg

No one cares.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Aren't you the guy who did that incredibly amateur Metal Slug article for Retro Gamer