Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - PS4/XBONE/SW/PC

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Yes, training mode is only there for the online enabled games.

Got an email from Amazon that my switch version is delayed in shipment, anyone else run into this issue?

Wait, are only some of the games online??

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Only 4 is online.

Hyper Fighting, Super Turbo, Alpha 3, & Turd Strike

Wish Alpha 2 was online. Oh well, not sure if im going to pick this up for Steam. Should be getting my PS4 copy today & probably will order the Switch too.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah it would make no sense to put in the work to have Street Fighter 1 or shit games like SF3 NG online that no one will be playing a week later. I would've liked to see A2 or 2nd Impact get some love but they ultimately made the decision to focus their efforts.

The more frustrating thing is that people have figured out that you can use Akuma in ST online ranked using the old arcade code. FUCK that shit.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
when you pick rematch after winning a game, the game just picks the same stage again even if you chose random at start
reeeeeeeee

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Damn. I was looking forward to Alpha 2 online.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Yeah, no A2 online is the most idiotic thing they did with this release. A2 is my favorite of the Alpha series.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Yeah the Akuma code for ranking is just beyond stupid. I dont think ill do rank & just stick with the lounge rooms.

Maybe we can setup a neo-geo room. Im down for some ST but would like to learn Alpha 3 & i suck at 3rd strike.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Likewise. I have it on PS4 and will eventually get it on Steam.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Got an email from Amazon that my switch version is delayed in shipment, anyone else run into this issue?

Since I got 2 day shipping and my delivery date is somewhere between June 14th and June 22nd yup I'd say so. Though this is the 1st game that doesn't bother me so much. I'll just go back to playing 3rd Strike OE on PS3 or 360. Maybe even wait for a match in 'HF on 360.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Got mine today, for all the good it does me at work.
Can't wait to get home and bust out the arcade stick!

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Yes, training mode is only there for the online enabled games.

Since I got 2 day shipping and my delivery date is somewhere between June 14th and June 22nd yup I'd say so. Though this is the 1st game that doesn't bother me so much. I'll just go back to playing 3rd Strike OE on PS3 or 360. Maybe even wait for a match in 'HF on 360.

I received a notice that my game was delivered to my house today.

So I'm wondering if they may have sold out of their initial delivery.

Street Fighter seems to sell even if every one owns at least a copy of one of the games in the series.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I received a notice that my game was delivered to my house today.

So I'm wondering if they may have sold out of their initial delivery.

Street Fighter seems to sell even if every one owns at least a copy of one of the games in the series.

I wouldn't doubt it. given this is a junk game nobody expected to sell all that many copies (see Megaman Collection) they probably ordered low from Capcom. They probably underestimated the difference between online games and offline games.

Is it arcade perfect? How is the training mode?

it didnt feel like the CPS2/CPS3 versions to me...i dont know if the border was throwing me off or certain little things...ST felt faster...3S felt pretty close...i played for a couple of hours...online had enough lag to be annoying...

it did feel like the best console port to date...

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
STupid UPS still hasn't delivered it yet...This is some bullshit, had so much free time today.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Might pick it up for the P4 tomorrow. What's the stick situation on this game? Do my PS3 sticks work?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I've been downloading this for 3 hours on Steam. I don't know why some of my consoles are so slow with downloads (PS3, Alienware Alpha) and others, which are right next to them, are totally normal (Wii, 360). Gonna have to wait until tomorrow to play it I guess.

If the net code sucks and/or if Alpha 1 and 2 don't play much better than the Saturn ports, I'll return it.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Been playing a bunch with my old fighting crew in Canada, private lobby. Lag-wise from Southern California to Vancouver BC, it was great. Nice quick connections and no drops. We were playing on PC.

Pros:
- Quick turnover. Each match ends and you're quickly in the Lobby queue ready to start again.
- Each player picks a game after "Ready Up" and it randomly chooses between the two games
- Input lag setting is a nice touch to combat different LCD's
- Scanlines and Screen fx look good. No odd or weird looking scanlines

Cons:
- People in the lobby can't view your match in-progress. You only get to watch life bars and rounds won through the lobby screen. *EDIT: apparently you have to manually hit the Spectate button before the match starts. Wish this was automatic!
- There is a bug that doesn't put the person waiting for next match into the Ready-up. We had a few times where we had to reset the lobby and re-invite people because the same two people kept getting queued to fight
- No clear way of disabling the screen-fx or borders
- Alpha 3 feels bad, like the emulation isn't as good as 3rd Strike or ST
- Lobby limit is 4 players. I guess Capcom thought that players only have 3 other friends MAX that would want to play.
- No “Confirm to Exit”. A few times our overzealous button mashing between rounds has caused us to leave the lobby by accident. That’s an easy Front-end UI thing they can fix.

Overall I like the collection, I've yet to try Ranked yet though, but I feel they could have fixed the lobby system a bit more before shipping. Hopefully they'll do that in the following patches.

Last edited:

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Been playing a bunch with my old fighting crew in Canada, private lobby. Lag-wise from Southern California to Vancouver BC, it was great. Nice quick connections and no drops. We were playing on PC.

Pros:
- Quick turnover. Each match ends and you're quickly in the Lobby queue ready to start again.
- Each player picks a game after "Ready Up" and it randomly chooses between the two games

Cons:
- People in the lobby can't view your match in-progress. You only get to watch life bars and rounds won through the lobby screen. *EDIT: apparently you have to manually hit the Spectate button before the match starts. Wish this was automatic!
- There is a bug that doesn't put the person waiting for next match into the Ready-up. We had a few times where we had to reset the lobby and re-invite people because the same two people kept getting queued to fight
- Lobby limit is 4 players. I guess Capcom thought that players only have 3 other friends MAX that would want to play.
- No “Confirm to Exit”. A few times our overzealous button mashing between rounds has caused us to leave the lobby by accident. That’s an easy Front-end UI thing they can fix.

Overall I like the collection, I've yet to try Ranked yet though, but I feel they could have fixed the lobby system a bit more before shipping. Hopefully they'll do that in the following patches.

My thoughts exactly. I love this collection, lobby needs some more work. Did experience some lag, but only occassionally.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Pros:

Cons:

So you can't just play a series of matches in one particular game? It chooses between a II, Alpha 3, and 3rd Strike? If so, that's absurd.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
When you create the lobby you can define which games you want players to be able to choose from. If you all decide on one game, you can just set it to that.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I tried playing the Arcade mode when i first put the disc in & the speed is just way too fast for Super Turbo. I tried setting it to 1 & it was still too fast. Online seem a bit better.
I couldn't figure out how to do training mode.

I was worried there will be a lot of Akuma players but i didn't face anyone in the 50matches i played in rank. I wish capcom would have had a blind select in rank w/ characters & names. Sick of counter pickers and DC folks.
How are the rankings calculated?

*edit*
Nevermind the training mode is there now, i guess it wasnt loaded up yet. The speed seems fine too.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
When you create the lobby you can define which games you want players to be able to choose from. If you all decide on one game, you can just set it to that.

Phew! Thanks for the info.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
For people that can't seem to figure out how to turn off borders, it's right there in the pause menu. It's the last option. Right under the scanlines.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Anyone preorder the game and want the sell the Ultra code? Doesn't matter if it's Xbox or PS4, but prefer the latter.