Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - PS4/XBONE/SW/PC

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Don't be Tempted, just get it. This is the biggest no brainer ever unless you hate Street Fighter. It has all the best Street Fighter games on one disc for $40. 3rd Strike on the DC alone probably sells for more than that.

I already have all of them, though. Or at least all the ones I want.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Is he comparing the ports against the arcade original on CPS2? Damn ... I didn't think they cut animations for the Dreamcast port. Too bad he doesn't go into specifics. I'm curious what got cut and why.

It was my understanding that the DC version of SFA3 is just a lazy port of the PS1 version. All that missing animation was enough reason for me never to touch it. It's such a shame that the DC has so many crap fighting game ports when it could have done them all perfectly if anyone had cared enough.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
So apparently there are no Japanese options for text, voice, etc. Which sucks because I hate English voice acting in SF. Or any fighter, really.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So apparently there are no Japanese options for text, voice, etc. Which sucks because I hate English voice acting in SF. Or any fighter, really.

Was there difference from the import? I don't recall these having voices in the endings. Just translated text

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Was there difference from the import? I don't recall these having voices in the endings. Just translated text

No voice acting for text - just for moves and whatnot.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
All in one disc plus online play that's going to suck for games we can already play online.

Fixed

I hope for the best, but expect the worst. A game with only arcade ports doesn't sound like a lot of time was spent on it. Maybe we'll hear Alpha 2 Gold, Alpha 3 Max, or all the arranged soundtracks will be on it, but not expecting much.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Fixed

I hope for the best, but expect the worst. A game with only arcade ports doesn't sound like a lot of time was spent on it. Maybe we'll hear Alpha 2 Gold, Alpha 3 Max, or all the arranged soundtracks will be on it, but not expecting much.

I still say Capcom is gonna make those DLC. Have the vanilla arcade versions but charge extra for the enhanced versions. Hyper SF2 would be nice too. If arranged soundtracks are included, I hope the TG-16CD version of SF1's soundtrack is there.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
In all honesty I would pay just for the Alpha 3 PSP version to be on there and online playable. Even if it had shitty netcode.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
My copy is on the way and I have my SF4 download code. Has anyone else received and tried their code yet? Mine won't work, so I am wondering if they are not activated until release date?

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I was cynical when i first opened this thread but after seeing the trailer, this looks pretty sweet.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I've seen some serious stoopid ass hype train for this. I watched on youtube some fucking idiot (nihongo gamer I think) warm himself up for online matches on 3rd Strike by playing 3rd Strike Online Edition's arcade mode. Which would be okay if OE didn't have a running online mode that is probably going to be far better then this version is going to churn out.

I still have yet to hear anything about how the online will be on this game. Hearing shit like this is being made by the people who brought you the Mega Man Legacy Collection doesn't instill confidence and yet that's something they're pushing.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
SF3 Third Strike alone makes it worth admission price.
Support for save states is freaking gay though. Nevertheless day 1 purchase for me!

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Just ordered a copy for $31.99 from amazon.
They are still doing the 20% off preorder for prime members.

I wonder how many games I will complete the first time I play them?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
My copy arrived Saturday. I've played through 3rd Strike and had a quick game online. It seemed pretty smooth to me, but I'm no expert.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
My copy arrived Saturday. I've played through 3rd Strike and had a quick game online. It seemed pretty smooth to me, but I'm no expert.

Is it arcade perfect? How is the training mode?

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Does the USF4 download code come with the physical game? Or was it only if you preordered it?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Does the USF4 download code come with the physical game? Or was it only if you preordered it?

It was a preorder bonus that was emailed by the company I ordered with. I guess that would be the same worldwide.

I honestly have no idea. I'm no expert, but I didn't notice anything wrong.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

Been watching people play it on twitch. It might have rollback netcode (stress might) because an option is how many frames of delay you want to have. When I've seen the online act up it doesn't remind me of rollback.

From what I saw on twitch I believe the only training modes were the online titles ('HF, ST, A3, 3rd). I can't confirm that 100% but watched people bitching about that.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Been watching people play it on twitch. It might have rollback netcode (stress might) because an option is how many frames of delay you want to have. When I've seen the online act up it doesn't remind me of rollback.

From what I saw on twitch I believe the only training modes were the online titles ('HF, ST, A3, 3rd). I can't confirm that 100% but watched people bitching about that.

Yes, training mode is only there for the online enabled games.

Got an email from Amazon that my switch version is delayed in shipment, anyone else run into this issue?