Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - PS4/XBONE/SW/PC

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Step 1: Ignore Fami.

Assuming you're using a stick, you might wanna look up the piano'ing technique to hit those tough 1 and 2-frame links. It's what most high-level players use to consistently hit difficult links and reliably get mashing moves (Chun Lightning legs/Honda slaps) out. It goes against your natural inclination at first but some of those trials are a bitch to do any other way.

More generally, the game runs at a slower pace than games like Super Turbo and 3rd Strike and they made a lot of input shortcuts for the more common motions (like DF, DF + P for dragon punches) that are nice in theory but can fuck up your combos in frustrating, unintended ways. Other than that, you just have to put in the effort of practicing execution like any other game.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I don't have it on Switch so take this with a grain of salt but the Switch doesn't have an ethernet port. There is a USB LAN adapter but the VAST majority of people will be playing on wi-fi which is insufficient for a game that doesn't have awesome netcode to begin with.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Is online play for the switch good/bad/terrible/great? Anyone?

It's ok. All my consoles are connected via wifi, and I haven't had much glitchy play with any game...the damn Joy Con sucks ass trying to do any quarter circle moves, but it works fine for charge moves...comes in handy if a friend is over and wanting to play. I'm using a Mayflash Magic NS and either my Xbox One controller or 360 Joystick to play. Way better...no, I don't have a Pro controller, and it probably would be better than the Joy Cons, but whatever.

Ray

New Challenger
It's ok. All my consoles are connected via wifi, and I haven't had much glitchy play with any game...the damn Joy Con sucks ass trying to do any quarter circle moves, but it works fine for charge moves...comes in handy if a friend is over and wanting to play. I'm using a Mayflash Magic NS and either my Xbox One controller or 360 Joystick to play. Way better...no, I don't have a Pro controller, and it probably would be better than the Joy Cons, but whatever.
Unfortunately Nintendo messed up the d-pad on the Pro Controller. If you press left/right in quick succession it will register an up input which makes it woefully inadequate for playing fighting games. Trying to play Puyo Puyo Tetris on the thing was already a nightmare.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

I thought i was the only one who felt the joycons were not registering my inputs 100$

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Performing charge super combos like Dee Jay's or Blanka's for example are a problem.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Could not even pass the first opponent using joycons. Pro controller makes it more playable but still have a harder time on 3rd Strike than when playing with the Seimitsu on arcade pcb.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Interesting, using the Shoto fighters I was able to beat CE, HF, A2 and made it all the way to Gill on 2nd Impact with no issues using the Joycons. Hell I beat A2 sitting in a chick-fil-a while the family was finishing eating. For kicks and giggles I was able to knock out a Raging Demon on A2 as well.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Interesting, using the Shoto fighters I was able to beat CE, HF, A2 and made it all the way to Gill on 2nd Impact with no issues using the Joycons. Hell I beat A2 sitting in a chick-fil-a while the family was finishing eating. For kicks and giggles I was able to knock out a Raging Demon on A2 as well.

Green Beret just sucks

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd use joycons with Ultra SF2 sometimes and while they weren't ideal, they actually worked pretty well. The key is to work the analog stick like a joystick and not a dpad.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I do suck:lolz:
You are really better than me
Do you play with the little stick or the button-pad?

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I used the stick. At home I use a proper arcade stick or a snes pad though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah I can't deal with certain moves with that button dpad. Hori needs to hurry up and release their joycon with the real dpad.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Yeah I can't deal with certain moves with that button dpad. Hori needs to hurry up and release their joycon with the real dpad.

I've had one of those third party dpad joycons for awhile, and while it does make some things easier, the position of the road on the joycons makes my hand hurt after about five minutes of play. They need to move the dpad up where the analog stick is, and that's just never going to happen.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I used the stick. At home I use a proper arcade stick or a snes pad though.
This arcade stick is only Switch compatible or you are able to use it in multiple systems? For me sounds overkill to buy a stick just for the Switch. I could do that for PS4 though

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This arcade stick is only Switch compatible or you are able to use it in multiple systems? For me sounds overkill to buy a stick just for the Switch. I could do that for PS4 though

My stick can be used with literally any system/pc that has a USB port.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

Any stick with the Brook Universal board in it (such as the Fierce, sold by our good buddy cdamm) will work out of the box with Windows/Mac/Linux/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/Switch/Wii U as long as your consoles are on the latest firmware.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've had one of those third party dpad joycons for awhile, and while it does make some things easier, the position of the road on the joycons makes my hand hurt after about five minutes of play. They need to move the dpad up where the analog stick is, and that's just never going to happen.

I keep hoping someone makes one of those grip things for the switch like the various 3DS systems have. On the 3ds you can hold the machine lower so the dpad is much more comfortable. I got a silicone thing that adds a little thickness and it helps but I still get the cramps. That's why I tend to just prop the thing up and use the separated joycon or another controller if I have one around.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I use a brooks adapter for the Switch to play on my arcade cabs. For SF Anniversary 30 w/ Brooks Universal for my PS4 arcade setup.

Man this ranking matchmaking is a pain. Hard to level up if you can't play anyone close to your rank. Im stuck playing random people from Turkey & Brazil. Currently ranked 4th in world in Hyper Fighting but actually 3rd because it hasn't updated yet.
Its going to be awhile before i get to 1st.

hyper.jpg

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Any stick with the Brook Universal board in it (such as the Fierce, sold by our good buddy cdamm) will work out of the box with Windows/Mac/Linux/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/Switch/Wii U as long as your consoles are on the latest firmware.
I have a Xbox 360 SF4 TE stick which I like lot. Could it be used with that Brook board?