Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - PS4/XBONE/SW/PC

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member

Release Date: May 2018 / MSRP $39.99

PR Info: with screens

The Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection contains 12 iconic titles in the series that each have their place in Street Fighter history:

Street Fighter
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting (Online Play)
Super Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II: Turbo (Online Play)
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Online Play)
Street Fighter III
Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Online Play)

--

Online Play - Have the desire to duke it out against fighters around the world? Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike are all playable online! In addition to Ranked and Casual Matches, up to four players can join a lobby where they can play against the CPU while waiting for their next match – a throwback to those days of waiting for a second player to challenge you in the arcades. Each of these titles will have their own global leaderboard to ensure bragging rights can be proved. Online play also features “rewind” technology that provides low-latency matches with the ability to adjust your own input latency via the in-game menu.

--

Museum - Bask in the nostalgic feels of Street Fighter in the Museum, a collection of stunning concept art, pitch documents, and little-known facts behind each game’s release.

--

Interactive Timeline – Who needs time travel when you have the Interactive Timeline where you can browse all 30 years of Street Fighter and see how the series has evolved.

--

Character Bios - Did you know Chun-Li likes crepes? See how your favorite characters have changed over time by reading up on their backgrounds, stories, and personal traits. You can even view each character’s sprites and animations in each title!

--

Music Player - You won’t just see the history, you’ll also be able to hear it through the Music Player, so sit back and let the retro notes of memorable Street Fighter tracks flow through your ears. Find out if Guile’s Theme really does go with everything (It does)!

--

Save States – Don’t worry about abandoning the fight in single-player modes! You can save your progress and resume at any time for any of the 12 titles.

The Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection will be available in May 2018 for MSRP $39.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC!

Last edited:

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
James Chen's horrific voice makes my ears cry for mercy. I wonder will these have playable netcode.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
James Chen's horrific voice makes my ears cry for mercy. I wonder will these have playable netcode.

The ports are being done by Digital Eclipse for what that's worth.

We’re excited to be part of Capcom’s announcement in the development of Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. Being fans ourselves, we're working hard with Capcom to deliver a Hadoken-packed experience full of features and plenty of surprises when it releases in 2018.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Why the vanilla versions of Alpha 2 and 3 rather than Alpha 2 Gold and Alpha 3 MAX?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Maybe as an option in the individual game menus?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
GODDAMN CAPCOM!

They actually did it. Only one thing left ot make this the ultimate SF package

Alpha 3 MAX/Double Upper and Third Strike with New Gen and 2I stages

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, this is a day one purchase for me. All that goodness on 1 disc or dlc, I'm down.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Too bad no online play for Alpha2.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Why the vanilla versions of Alpha 2 and 3 rather than Alpha 2 Gold and Alpha 3 MAX?

If they're including shitty ass Super SF2 and the first two bad versions of SF3 then I see no reason not to add Z2A/A2G. It's just another CPS2 rom. A3 Upper is a Naomi game though so they'd have to actually work on additional emulation to include it. Plus it's a gimped version of A3 that no one takes seriously so I'm sure it was easy to leave out.

Maybe as an option in the individual game menus?

Not likely. These are straight arcade ports. Capcom's too cheap/broke to put any real work in to these.

I'm a total sucker for SF so I'll likely get this day one unless the emulation's a complete trainwreck. Feel bad for anyone who paid anywhere near $50 for Ultra SF2 on Switch though. It was already a rip-off but now Capcom's just pissing in your mouth.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
If they're including shitty ass Super SF2 and the first two bad versions of SF3 then I see no reason not to add Z2A/A2G. It's just another CPS2 rom. A3 Upper is a Naomi game though so they'd have to actually work on additional emulation to include it. Plus it's a gimped version of A3 that no one takes seriously so I'm sure it was easy to leave out.

So are both DC versions of the game derived from the NAOMI version? Or is one of them a CPS2-based game?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
So are both DC versions of the game derived from the NAOMI version? Or is one of them a CPS2-based game?

Yes. Naomi and DC are practically the same hardware (same CPU, same sound system, same series of GPUs). Only difference between the two releases is netplay.

Edit: I should clarify. What I mean is that there is no CPS2 version of Z3 Upper. The version that was released on Dreamcast (extra characters, gimped V-ism, removed CC infinites and a few other, less significant changes) only appeared in arcades later as A3 Upper. People who take these games seriously don't play A3 Upper (or Zero 2 Alpha, for that matter).

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
Yes. Naomi and DC are practically the same hardware (same CPU, same sound system, same series of GPUs). Only difference between the two releases is netplay.

Ah, OK. Yeah, I know that DC is essentially NAOMI in a box, but was never sure about the differences between the Alpha 3 releases. Will be nice to play CPS2 Alpha 3 online.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
So... we get all the titles that were already available online for online play on the last generation except for Alpha 3 being the new thing to play.

This sounds like another fucking where no fucks will be given for the netcode and the previous gen titles will probably play better. If everyone is going to say "Nuh-uh Capcom knows netcode is everything.!" What the fuck happened to Ultra Street Fighter II?

Showing you won't just put them all online (or at least Alpha 2 FFS the fans are split between that and A3) shows you are not spending a lot of resources on this. Newsflash most of the people who are excited for this have ways to play all of those games offline. Online might be a big deal even though many titles WILL be dead right off the bat.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'll definitely get this on the Switch.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Will this be getting a physical release, or is it digital only? If it's digital, I'm out.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Too bad no online play for Alpha2.

yeah im kind of bummed about that. I guess this just couldnt be perfect.

Also if its vanilla Alpha 3 which it most likely is then thats a shame too.

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Goddammit Capcom. They are on fire. Day one purchase. Recently got Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 and pre-ordered Okami HD. Now I need Mega Man Legacy Collection 3 with all games in the Mega Man X series.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Would be nice if they had HDremix & Ultra SF2 too...

Alpha 2 should have online play! But im pretty happy to have Hyper Fighting & ST online lobbies. Get this for PC, Switch, & probably PS4.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Will this be getting a physical release, or is it digital only? If it's digital, I'm out.

Don't you already have the 30 billion re releases of these games? why isn't digital acceptable? by the time you get around to selling it there'll be a 50th anniversary release.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
damn, doesn't feel too long ago at all I picked up the 15th Anniversary PS2 one. here's to another 15 more years i guess.

fake

15 Year Member
damn, doesn't feel too long ago at all I picked up the 15th Anniversary PS2 one. here's to another 15 more years i guess.

:lolz: Right? Uhg. I want some lenticular controllers to be released alongside this.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Don't you already have the 30 billion re releases of these games? why isn't digital acceptable? by the time you get around to selling it there'll be a 50th anniversary release.

I do, but on PS2, the SF2 collection and Alpha were released separately. Not to mention Europe, which didn't get 3rd Strike with the 15th Anniversary release. It was only available as standalone for the Xbox. I bet it was the same for Australia.

Anyway, I can appreciate a comprehensive collection, which saves me the trouble of shuffling arcade boards around, and offers online play for the popular titles. Also, it's nice to see New Generation and 2nd Impact getting a new console release, after so many years of being exclusive to Dreamcast. Maybe the SF crowd will finally learn to appreciate those games as well.

So yeah, I would buy this, if the price was right and it came on a disc. I'd probably end up swapping between Zero 2 and New Generation all the time. I literally never get bored of New Generation.