Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - PS4/XBONE/SW/PC

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
If they're including shitty ass Super SF2 and the first two bad versions of SF3 then I see no reason not to add Z2A/A2G. It's just another CPS2 rom. A3 Upper is a Naomi game though so they'd have to actually work on additional emulation to include it. Plus it's a gimped version of A3 that no one takes seriously so I'm sure it was easy to leave out.

Not likely. These are straight arcade ports. Capcom's too cheap/broke to put any real work in to these.

I'm a total sucker for SF so I'll likely get this day one unless the emulation's a complete trainwreck. Feel bad for anyone who paid anywhere near $50 for Ultra SF2 on Switch though. It was already a rip-off but now Capcom's just pissing in your mouth.
Alpha 3 Max is different from Alpha 3 Upper. It has all the extras of Upper as well as the extra characters from the GBA release but is otherwise a near arcade-perfect version of vanilla Alpha 3 as far as I know.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
It would be nice if they include the extra modes from the DC/PS version in Alpha 3. Doubt it.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Not likely. These are straight arcade ports. Capcom's too cheap/broke to put any real work in to these.

Alpha Anthology on PS2 let you pick different arcade revisions of each game. I don't think it would cost anymore resources to do something like that.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Yeah, I’m a sucker for SF, so I’ll definitely pick this up, but I’m hoping that Alpha 3 MAX is hidden in this compilation somewhere. Compared to SFA3 MAX, vanilla SFA3 is rather underwhelming. Here’s to hoping it’s a hidden bonus or something.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Probably going to buy this even thou I don't belive Capcom has really done anything to those games. No Alpha 2 Gold and Alpha 3 MAX etc. My dream Street Fighter 2 would be SSF2T where you could pick every background music from CPS1,CPS2,FMTowns/3DO and PC.
Guile CPS1,Blanka CPS2, Zangief,Cammy PC and the rest 3DO

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Alpha 3 Max is different from Alpha 3 Upper. It has all the extras of Upper as well as the extra characters from the GBA release but is otherwise a near arcade-perfect version of vanilla Alpha 3 as far as I know.

No, it isn't. Max just has extra characters and all of the bonus modes from the console versions. It's based on the previous console versions which is what A3 Upper is based on. Gimped V-ism, removed CC infinites and a few extra changes (A-ism builds meter faster IIRC, other little stuff).

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
For those curious, here's a somewhat complete list of differences between the console ports of Alpha 3. Some FGC technical jargon to navigate but you get the idea.

Is he comparing the ports against the arcade original on CPS2? Damn ... I didn't think they cut animations for the Dreamcast port. Too bad he doesn't go into specifics. I'm curious what got cut and why.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'd really enjoy a good edition of Street Fighter 1. Just fix the freaking controls and hitboxes.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Looking forward to this. I'll be getting the PlayStation version.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I didn't think they cut animations for the Dreamcast port.

They did, I know for example T-Hawk is missing backwards-walking animation that is in the Saturn version (not that he was in the CPS2 version)

My favorite ports of Alpha/Zero 3 are the Saturn, PSP, and PS2 version, in that order.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'll get this for Street Fighter (which I have on PS2) and for the SF 3 collection (I have the 2nd Impact DC release).

I really hope there are some hidden versions of these games on this release, as was the case with the PS2 Alpha Collection, which may be my favorite PS2 release ever that isn't called Devil May Cry or God Hand.

I'd really love for them to release a Capcom vs. SNk collection with all three of those games.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'd really love for them to release a Capcom vs. SNk collection with all three of those games.

I would imagine they'd have to renegotiate the rights to those games. It's telling that they haven't been re-released on anything in nearly 15 years when pretty much everything else has multiple times.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Getting it on switch to rumble with Cory.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I would imagine they'd have to renegotiate the rights to those games. It's telling that they haven't been re-released on anything in nearly 15 years when pretty much everything else has multiple times.

CvS2 got ported to PS3 as a PS2 game.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ When people lost their shit seeing Japan get the port of CVS2 one of the execs said they were using a loophole in the contract to do it. They never renogiated it.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'm getting it for Switch as well.

I really wish it has cross-play between the systems, but knowing Capcom, that's probably never going to happen.

i almost bought a supergun recently just to play my cps2 games in a more convenient manner...cant wait to play this...but im kinda sad realizing i wont fire up the dreamcast as much anymore

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Just saw the trailer yesterday and I'm very very tempted to get this...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just saw the trailer yesterday and I'm very very tempted to get this...

Don't be Tempted, just get it. This is the biggest no brainer ever unless you hate Street Fighter. It has all the best Street Fighter games on one disc for $40. 3rd Strike on the DC alone probably sells for more than that.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I'll have to get this when I get a PS4, if only so I can long distance throw down with my local 3rd strike buddies who've moved.

please don't let the netcode be garbage