Battle Angel Alita Trailer

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So after what? 20+ years Cameron finally gets around to doing this, and then Robert Rodriguez is directing? I'm pretty hype, I'm not expecting it to strongly follow any of the original story, but I think at the very least it will be a good popcorn movie.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Is he trying to strike oil at the bottom of the uncanny valley?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'll watch it. I loved the original manga series to death so this'll be worth a look see.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lmbo at making the retardedly huge anime bug eyes real and not just shrugging them off as an anime thing.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Shouldve cged the lips instead.

Girl would have looked the part fine without the big eyes.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
This looks terrible. :lolz: I hope there's a special feature in the home release to make her eyes look normal.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
never read the original manga but i'm certain it's nothing like this. got a real big artificial intelligence a. i. with haley joel osment vibe from this trailer. looks like shit.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
never read the original manga but i'm certain it's nothing like this. got a real big artificial intelligence a. i. with haley joel osment vibe from this trailer. looks like shit.

I watched AI as an adult. It's actually a pretty great movie.

Battle Angel Alita, though... The story of the OVA is basically the same as what the trailer shows. Guy builds a robot girl with assassin skills. She begins to question why some people live in the slums and why some people live up above in the floating island. It's OK, nothing amazing. Kind of a weird thing for a major director to hang their hat on.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I watched AI as an adult. It's actually a pretty great movie.

Battle Angel Alita, though... The story of the OVA is basically the same as what the trailer shows. Guy builds a robot girl with assassin skills. She begins to question why some people live in the slums and why some people live up above in the floating island. It's OK, nothing amazing. Kind of a weird thing for a major director to hang their hat on.

AI is pretty good, what i meant was that an action based anime/manga giving me an AI vibe isn't a good thing. they could of made it less whimsical and more gritty.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I'll see it, but I guess I'm glad I knew nothing of this prior to watching the trailer. Zero expectations.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
AI is pretty good, what i meant was that an action based anime/manga giving me an AI vibe isn't a good thing. they could of made it less whimsical and more gritty.

Oh, definitely. I think even just some character redesigns would have gone pretty far. Even for the anime, the character designs haven't aged well. Pretty cheesy stuff.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Battle Angel Alita didn't age very well as a manga, IMO. I really feel like the ship has sailed on this thing. I wasn't diabetic when Cameron first talked about adapting it for the big screen.

That said, I will give it a chance and try not to think about it too much.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Battle Angel Alita didn't age very well as a manga, IMO. I really feel like the ship has sailed on this thing. I wasn't diabetic when Cameron first talked about adapting it for the big screen.

That said, I will give it a chance and try not to think about it too much.

If I get half of the enjoyment I got out of Speed Racer I will be happy.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
If I get half of the enjoyment I got out of Speed Racer I will be happy.

I think I respect the live action Speed Racer movie more than I actually like it.

Like, I can't help but approve of how much the Wachowskis paid tribute to the cartoon. Its failure to make money at the box office is more indicative of the anime niche at the time when it was released than anything else.

More to the point, if I was a Speed Racer super fan the same way I am for Mobile Suit Gundam, I'd probably have been thrilled with its presentation and lack of self awareness.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm super excited, being a fan of the OVA and the Manga and what not.However that being said the eyes are freaking me the shit out. :eye::eye:

Last edited:

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Not a fan of the manga myself, but I've heard nothing but great things about it. Would've given it a random chance, but MAN, those eyes. They freak me the fuck out. Such an unnecesary, uncanny valley shit.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
lmbo at making the retardedly huge anime bug eyes real and not just shrugging them off as an anime thing.

This is the weirdest thing ever. Why would you keep bug eyes on only one character? It's not like Alita is the only one with manga eyes. Also, the first second of the trailer gives me serious FF: Spirits Within vibes. I'd still watch it, though. For the lulz.

AlitaBugEyes.jpg

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
will prob watch but the CG is pretty meh. might as well watch Dark Angel aka Cameron's Battle Angel before he had the rights lol.