Bayonetta 3

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Excited, and will most likely be getting Bayo 1&2 again as well

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Glad I didn't buy a Wii U, bayonetta 2 was the only thing I wanted on it now I'm good to get a switch

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Goddamnit. Super hyped, also a WiiU owner. The last thing I need is another console.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
wow, the switch is killing it. and every one thought it would be a flop.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Saw that last night and about fell off my couch. My favorite series in all of gaming, ever.

And Metroid Prime 4 also announced. And you can probably actually get an SNES Mini Classic if you want one. MS and Sony are Nintendo's bitches right now. I really didn't expect to be saying that a year ago.

Last edited:

Ip Man

15 Year Member
MS and Sony are Nintendo's bitches right now. I really didn't expect to be saying that a year ago.

it's funny how quick Nintendo recovered from the wii u. not only did they recover, but they created what looks like the console that very well may be the most appealing since the snes.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
It's great to see a release announcement, but not sure why people are crowning the Switch in this thread. As someone who has been running with both Sony and Nintendo systems for years, PS4 has at least half a dozen must-own exclusives and more coming at the end of Janurary. The Wii U had 1 or 2 depending on your preferences (Tokyo Mirage, Hyrule Warriors) and the Switch only has BOTW for now assuming you don't want to take the performance hit on the Wii U version.

I'm not saying that the Switch can't be great. I'm just saying that Nintendo needs to stick with it long enough for it to build up a decent library and get some 3rd party support. The Switch has promise but hasn't delivered much of anything yet, and I'm a bit of a skeptic after how the Wii U turned out.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Glad I didn't buy a Wii U, bayonetta 2 was the only thing I wanted on it now I'm good to get a switch

Same. I wanted to play Mario Maker and the claymation style Kirby game, but I'll live without them.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
If you notice in the trailer, Bayo falls apart near the end. Back in May when Plat was shopping the game around they mentioned that Bayo might not be the main character in the game. Keep that in mind. You guys gonna get Kojima'd.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
it's funny how quick Nintendo recovered from the wii u. not only did they recover, but they created what looks like the console that very well may be the most appealing since the snes.

The thing about Nintendo is they're always sitting on a ton of cash and they don't sell hardware at a loss, nor do they stuff the channels like Sony and Microsoft. So if one of their products doesn't sell as well as they hope, it doesn't totally cripple them financially.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The thing about Nintendo is they're always sitting on a ton of cash and they don't sell hardware at a loss, nor do they stuff the channels like Sony and Microsoft. So if one of their products doesn't sell as well as they hope, it doesn't totally cripple them financially.

Wii U was sold at a loss. The Switch allegedly sells at a profit.

Either way, I don't think this is a major factor in their ability to recover. MS and Sony are bogged down by their corporate structure. Change happens very slowly. While Nintendo's leadership is very old school and tend to see change as a major risk and not worth taking, recent changes have meant they knew they had to try something new. Furthermore, while people like to point out that Nintendo has enough cash to last for another 40 years, they can't have something that sinks them further. This is opposed to MS, who said, "Hey, why not. Here's some money. See what you can do." to enter the console market. They knew it wouldn't make them money, and AFAIK, MS' Xbox division has never netted a profit. On the other hand, the PlayStation brand is one of the few things keeping Sony alive.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
If you notice in the trailer, Bayo falls apart near the end. Back in May when Plat was shopping the game around they mentioned that Bayo might not be the main character in the game. Keep that in mind. You guys gonna get Kojima'd.

thatd be worse then DMC4 of MGS2 where at least those games arent named after the protag

either way hype hype hype! I really REALLY want a Switch

Ip Man

15 Year Member

oh yeah, definitely. when i said recover, i meant as in reputation and not financial. if a nintendo console doesn't succeed they could just try again.

but what i meant was that after the wii u, expectations of the switch was very low and a lot of people was saying how nintendo have completely lost the plot and it was all over for them. so from that to what nintendo have now with the switch is pretty incredible i think.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
MS and Sony are Nintendo's bitches right now. I really didn't expect to be saying that a year ago.

Sony's sold 70 million PS4s and have been pulling great games in every genre. Nintendo's released two amazing games, a few decent games and announced a couple more that could be amazing. Slow your roll.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Sony's sold 70 million PS4s and have been pulling great games in every genre. Nintendo's released two amazing games, a few decent games and announced a couple more that could be amazing. Slow your roll.

Oh, but remember, Nintendo said that Sony and MS aren't even competition! :thevt:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I still don't much care about the switch.....
I honestly sat and looked at the lineup at a game shop the other day.
between new and used, I saw 1 exclusive game I'd care to play with any urgency, fire emblem warriors.

everything else was stuff I might get if I had a switch or a port/"remaster" of stuff that's already available and often better on other platforms.
Bayonetta is in this category, but I honestly never liked the series as much as DMC....

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I still don't much care about the switch.....
I honestly sat and looked at the lineup at a game shop the other day.
between new and used, I saw 1 exclusive game I'd care to play with any urgency, fire emblem warriors.

everything else was stuff I might get if I had a switch or a port/"remaster" of stuff that's already available and often better on other platforms.
Bayonetta is in this category, but I honestly never liked the series as much as DMC....

Yeah, if Bayonetta wasn't my favorite modern series, I'd still be skeptical. I really want to play Zelda and Mario, but the only other games I'm looking forward to are Kirby, Yoshi, and Metroid Prime 4, which may not even be good. The Kirby and Yoshi games can be hit or miss, and Metroid Prime 2 was not very good IMO. Maybe I need to give it another shot though. I'm thinking there will be 5 to 8 must-play exclusives for the Switch across its lifetime.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
As someone who mainly games on playstation, this exclusivity announcement made me super salty. I like the Switch, and I certainly don't mind exclusives (it keeps the competetion healthy), but what I do hate is when multi-platform games get exclusive entries, like this and Fatal Frame. It fucks up the series in the long term, and decreses chances of having future re-releases.

And don't give me the "if it wasn't for Nintendo" bullshit because Bayonetta would have certainly got a sequel at one point, even if it skipped a generation or two.

I've been putting the series on hold in wait for a proper Playstation release, and being someone who's been expecting a surprise PS4 release during PSX (which I still think is happening), this news shatters any hope left in me for the series to go multi-platform again.

Ranting aside, at least Bayo 2 is coming to Switch. That's 1 less reason to hook up the Wii U again.

PS: Good to see you back Taiso. The forums has been dull since you disappeared. Post now, post often.

Edit: WTF that's it for PSX? No Bayo port? No DMC5? No Samurai Shodown? / KOF news What a fucking shit let down.

Last edited: