Help me decide if I should get a console mvs with a muilti cart.

jinx5

n00b
Interesting ndiddy. It's just disk drives that old are going to die aren't they. I want something that will last a lifetime. That is a main reason I want a board with it's resistors, capacitors and batterys all replaced. Is it loud when playing a disk? I hear it has loading times which is fine I guess if I can just burn a bunch of cds. Maybe I can snag one for very cheap if I can win a bid on ebay I guess. Or if there is a way to refurbish the disk drive then Ill consider it even more. The regular stick for neo geo works right and the games use coins as lifes.
I going to look up some reviews on youtube.

I heard of this system coming out one day called Polymega. It does neo geo cd and a bunch of other systems. Soppositely it has a custom bios so the loading times are faster for neo geo cd. But they havn't really gave more info for a long time maybe a dead project coming. If it is just a emulator that can play cd's ill pass since I have my computer for that. I messaged them awile ago and they said it's nether emulation nor real hardware, whatever that even means. I just don't want a input lag machine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=45&v=3IccQcMmQhg

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
FWIW, the Neo Geo CD only has about half of the entire game library available for it. Most of the later games (and some of the best ones like Mark of the Wolves and Blazing Star) never got ported to CD format. MVS or AES with a flashcart is the way to go if you want access to the entire library.

Master list of AES, MVS and CD releases here: http://www.neo-geo.com/snk/masterlist.htm

Last edited:

jinx5

n00b
There is a retro store near my house that has a rgb installer I am going to see if they do a referb for a board. I hope they won't charge much.
There is a low end electronic stores that do repairs. I got my receiver fixed when I was yong there. I am going to ask if they can do it for me also. But Ill prob have to provide the battery. Can someone lead me to the right direction on what battery to get. I need one that is easy to replace after.