PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

neosd

Neosd Developer
@NeoSD, the Super SD System 3 is tested with a Nec Pc Engine French Sodipeng ?

I heard there was a different version in france that was basically the same hardware as the japan coregrafx, correct me if i am wrong, if so it will work.

It will NOT WORK with regular PAL turbografx BTW but it will work with NTSC turbografx

Tgames

War Room Troll
Yes @neoSD, it's a JAPAN Coregrafx 2 the sopipeng french version.
The only difference for France it's output directly in RGB. But the hardware is a japan one and works only with japan games.

Last edited:
This is amazing!

I don't even own a TG16 and I'm sorely tempted to get in on this. The addition of RGB output is really going above and beyond.

Tgames

War Room Troll
When i get it, i will try with the official Nec PC Engine RGB Cable (french version), it should works fine i think.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I doubt I can come to a decision ASAP - just curious if this is something that you guys will make plenty of in case I drag ass on buying one?

neosd

Neosd Developer
I doubt I can come to a decision ASAP - just curious if this is something that you guys will make plenty of in case I drag ass on buying one?

same thing as neosd, we are producing it as long as we have sales.

We are not going to tell lies like we have sold 200 units in a week or so ( poor man´s seller strategy), but i can tell that atleast here in Spain there have been big issues while stocking chips for the last 6 months. So at some point i expect long production times.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I heard there was a different version in france that was basically the same hardware as the japan coregrafx, correct me if i am wrong, if so it will work.

It will NOT WORK with regular PAL turbografx BTW but it will work with NTSC turbografx

I think you can mod the PAL units to 60Hz - maybe that would fix it?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
ONE question...

What's a PCE?

xROTx

PS. I told you guys it was good:D

Goddamit Rot, this is a serious thread, no trolling! I've got my eye on you now.

TeamShake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
same thing as neosd, we are producing it as long as we have sales.

We are not going to tell lies like we have sold 200 units in a week or so ( poor man´s seller strategy), but i can tell that atleast here in Spain there have been big issues while stocking chips for the last 6 months. So at some point i expect long production times.

Will these be for sale at StoneAgeGamer also like the Neo Geo carts?

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Just looking at differences between the PAL TG16 and NTSC TG16 - I can see why its a problem. Apparently a tonne of extra resistors and stuff on the under side of the board, 'A' revisions of the CPU and GPU etc, different main clock - sounds like they bastardized the PAL system =/

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Wow this really cool indeed... looks like its time to sell the Everdrive.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Will these be for sale at StoneAgeGamer also like the Neo Geo carts?

Yes, they have asked for a date aswel, but we could not give them a date.
It will be latter but we don´t know when, there are so many variables on the production side as today such as chips sourcing that make impossible to know when.
Our own webshop customers will be first, then we will start supplying them.

Tgames

War Room Troll
I was not aware that some PAL country get a TurboGraph 16 US Version.
In France we always get the japan PC Engine hardwares and games (with french manuals).
Which country get a TurboGraph 16 50Hz Versions ?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Just looking at differences between the PAL TG16 and NTSC TG16 - I can see why its a problem. Apparently a tonne of extra resistors and stuff on the under side of the board, 'A' revisions of the CPU and GPU etc, different main clock - sounds like they bastardized the PAL system =/

Yeah, they pretty much just took the US system and did a PAL mod to it. NEC gave up in Europe before they even started but sent stock to distributors anyway.

neosd

Neosd Developer
I was not aware that some PAL country get a TurboGraph 16 US Version.
In France we always get the japan PC Engine hardwares and games (with french manuals).
Which country get a TurboGraph 16 50Hz Versions ?

Spain for example, you will see mint PAL 50hz turbografx versions for sale at ebay that no one wants.

As far as i know the french boards are not PAL but NTSC machines at all

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Was I supposed to post in an interest thread first to ensure I get one from the first batch that I already paid for?

Tgames

War Room Troll
Spain for example, you will see mint PAL 50hz turbografx versions for sale at ebay that no one wants.

As far as i know the french boards are not PAL but NTSC machines at all

Yes we get full NTSC machine (the only difference is RGB).
Because in France our TV only support RGB from Scart in 90's.
That's why we get NES with RGB (fake RGB from composite), Super Nintendo RGB, Nintendo 64 With RGB in the motherboard (but without the composants)... etc

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Really interesting item. Great job and good luck with the sales.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Was I supposed to post in an interest thread first to ensure I get one from the first batch that I already paid for?

No... sorry... it's first come... first serve for the initial batch man...

Order quick... be ready to call your bank as security for payments will be screened...

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer

We still haven´t sold the first batch, but as before we are not going to tell if we sell many or less.
We don´t like such strategies to drive sales.

I understand that people needs to know when its purchase is going to be delivered and we will provide as many information as we have as this info arrives, but we are not going to disclosure numbers.

I hope you guys understand that.

Just be patient, we are going to do our part as fast as we can and the better way we can aswel.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
No... sorry... it's first come... first serve for the initial batch man...

Order quick... be ready to call your bank as security for payments will be screened...

xROTx

I was just making a joke about something else that is going on. But I ordered mine earlier today when the orders went live.