PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

One point though, in the video he talks about a component being soldered in the wrong "way".
It doesn't seem to be a problem and I know how to desolder/resolder.

But maybe it is fixed now?

Any idea about that?

Yeah it was fixed in rev 3. I have a rev 2 version and it works fine, I didn't flip that capacitor they talk about and I probably won't bother. There is a little noise but there is no way to know if it's due to my console which is really old, or the cheapo scart cable I'm using. Most importantly though I don't really care, it's just awesome to be able to play all hucards and cd images so easily. We used it again on our Twitch stream last night, I linked it below. It's the second time we've used it and our streams are usually 4 hours long, it's worked like a charm! A must have device as far as I'm concerned. I'm secretly hoping they make one for the Sega Genesis so I can play cd images :)

Zebpro

n00b
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

That's exactly why I'm very interested in this product, I was aware of the Turbo EverDrive but this SSDS3 is just fantastic!!! :D :buttrock:

Just ordered one!! ;)

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Yeah it was fixed in rev 3. I have a rev 2 version and it works fine, I didn't flip that capacitor they talk about and I probably won't bother. There is a little noise but there is no way to know if it's due to my console which is really old, or the cheapo scart cable I'm using. Most importantly though I don't really care, it's just awesome to be able to play all hucards and cd images so easily. We used it again on our Twitch stream last night, I linked it below. It's the second time we've used it and our streams are usually 4 hours long, it's worked like a charm! A must have device as far as I'm concerned. I'm secretly hoping they make one for the Sega Genesis so I can play cd images :)

You have a very interesting YouTube channel.

rouken

n00b
I would like to know if someone can upload some .bup save files from this device... One "backram.bup" file with the saves of some games stored into it, and some "per-game backup RAM" .bup save files. I want to make some tests with them...

flapper

n00b
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone at the TerraOnion team. I got my SSD3 today. It was ordered on 3/8, chose Correos as shipping method, and shipped out on 4/20, and arrived this afternoon. Everything looking great and I wanted to just say thanks to everyone. I know how stressful it can be with a new product that everyone wants to be perfect. Keep up the great work and it is definitely appreciated.

haightc

n00b
Mine SuperSD3 just showed up yesterday, so a little over a month from spain to WA, ordering in early decemeber

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
Is anyone else experience a slight audio feedback that is in sync with the data reading?? It's almost like a slight TV buzzing, but you can't really hear it once the actual game audio kicks in but on silent screens that have data loading you can hear it. It's not that big a deal, but I just want to know if I am the only one with that feedback sound.

Overall it's a great product! I love mine!

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Is anyone else experience a slight audio feedback that is in sync with the data reading?? It's almost like a slight TV buzzing, but you can't really hear it once the actual game audio kicks in but on silent screens that have data loading you can hear it. It's not that big a deal, but I just want to know if I am the only one with that feedback sound.

Lol

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

This is the first I've heard of it.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I dunno what you guys are talking about getting 128gb 200 256gb sd cards.
I got the latest smoke pack, a "complete torrent". I erased duplicates, demos, and unplayable (japanese only) games.
I'm looking at 58gb.

That's in bin cure format I bet if they were in another type you'd be looking at around 8.

I thought of three pc engine cd games off the top of my head that were missing and couldn't find bin/cues for them.
The US turbo-cd release list was complete.

Maybe if you wanna make genre and best of lists as well and re-copy them.

Just sayin if you have an extra 64gb card laying around I think you'll be fine.

Did Smoke do a CD version of packs? I have only seen the pack for hucard games.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
No, he has said he won't be doing one.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Has anyone thought about making a little 3D printed dust cap for the HuCard slot?
Just an idea :)

Kez

n00b
Yeah I've been meaning to make a dummy HuCard to put in maybe with the SSDS3 logo on it. Something about the empty slot just looks wrong to me.

Dacider

n00b
I've had my SSDS3 for about a month and I love it! I think it's fantastic that it takes a completely unmodded PC-Engine - adds RGB output and allows me to protect my CD-Rom and Super CD-Rom collection to boot. Seriously, I can't believe just how great this system looks 30 years on. Amazing job by Terraonion :)

Kez

n00b
Sorry I won't be selling them, I'm working on a HuCard design that I'll make available online once I've confirmed it fits well in a PC Engine. Once that's up you can easily get one printed using a local service.