PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

takeshi385

n00b
We had an user at spanish forums that had a similar issue and it was caused by using the wrong bios file plus it looks like the filesystem of his microsd was corrupted aswel (he formated the microsd, changed the bios and fixed the issue)

Something worth to try is if you can run hucard roms without issues and this is just afecting the cdrom games.
It affects every game even the menu. The amount of garble changes when I flip the region switch to japanese mode.(I of course turn the system off before I change region)

neosd

Neosd Developer
Who cares what someone does with their item once they paid you their hard earned money? So if I decide to sell mine you're gonna dox me and ban sales? Do you understand that once an item leaves your hands its really none of your business what the buyer does with it? Maybe focus your time on something useful, like shipping them out.

Yes, if i see you purchasing one and selling it the next day you receive it for 100 euros more i will not sell you any other unit if i am able to spot who you are.

You would be a customer that i am not interested at all. Not everything in life is about doing money.

You don´t need to agree with that, i don´t need that you like my decision, i just don´t like game swappers.

We do devices for gamers, not for scalpers

BTW, i knew your nick sounded familair to me

I'll just stick with darksoft's cart, cheaper, and all the bugs are worked out by now.

Last edited:

takeshi385

n00b
Since I am almost certain it is the region mod, I just bought a dirty white pc engine. I will report back with my findings when I receive the pc engine.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes, if i see you purchasing one and selling it the next day you receive it for 100 euros more i will not sell you any other unit if i am able to spot who you are.

You would be a customer that i am not interested at all. Not everything in life is about doing money.

You don´t need to agree with that, i don´t need that you like my decision, i just don´t like game swappers.

That dude is a troll. Everyone knows he is a troll. He jumps back and forth between hating you and loving DS, then hating DS and loving you.

TuSecsy

War Room Troll

ummm, you run a business, otherwise why charge 300$ for 80$ worth of parts?

maybe some buyer on ebay doesn't wanna wait 5 months for delivery and doesn't mind paying a little extra to have it now?

also, the reason your even making the neo sd "pro" is cuz darksofts cart leveled yours, and its still cheaper.

Last edited:

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
That dude is a troll. Everyone knows he is a troll. He jumps back and forth between hating you and loving DS, then hating DS and loving you.

nah i love both darksoft and terraonion. darksoft has the better neo solution, terra has the best pce solution (for now, it's a bit too expensive and someone else will make a cheaper version down the line I'm sure.)

neosd

Neosd Developer
ummm, you run a business, otherwise why charge 300$ for 80$ worth of parts?

maybe some buyer on ebay doesn't wanna wait 5 months for delivery and doesn't mind paying a little extra to have it now?

also, the reason your even making the neo sd "pro" is cuz darksofts cart leveled yours, and its still cheaper.

Unfortunally our engineers wont get payed with a cup of rice. If you know an engineer that could do something like super sd system 3 for less than 50.000 euros a year (including taxes), please let me know, so we can have less development costs and lower the price of our products.

About the "PRO" fortunally you have the same idea as darsof about why we have done it :)

i have a feeling about you and darsof are going to love whats coming :)

Last edited:

comp1demon

n00b
Did not buy a NEOSD at the same time I bought my System 3 because of the PRO announcement.
While I sit and wait for the PRO to go on sale. I figure out which NEOGEO I want to buy.. MVS or AES???

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
The NeoSD ultimate? Has all games loaded in flash permanently for instant access and also serves an ice cold beer when you press start.

neosd

Neosd Developer
The NeoSD ultimate? Has all games loaded in flash permanently for instant access and also serves an ice cold beer when you press start.

Lets be up to date with :

Super SD System 3 pending shipments
New website
New webshop

We will have time to talk about neosd pro.
MVS version is beeing cooked at some spanish factory as we speak, mold is being cooked in china as we speak.

Things are comming, it may look like there is no movement but there is :)

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Lets be up to date with :

Super SD System 3 pending shipments
New website
New webshop

We will have time to talk about neosd pro.
MVS version is beeing cooked at some spanish factory as we speak, mold is being cooked in china as we speak.

Things are comming, it may look like there is no movement but there is :)

You are all good. I was just making a joke about what the next product in the works could be.

neosd

Neosd Developer
It's gonna be an expensive year methinks.

This year is going to be amazing, believe me. We have some candies in the pocket

I hope we just keep selling until those candies are cooked, so we can continue paying the party.

Super SD System 3 was a big surprise on sales and allowed us to hire another engineer in January to work on some secret thingle :) We are starting to be a "band" on human resources (number wise)

Double or nothing,

You are all good. I was just making a joke about what the next product in the works could be.

i know ;)

I would love to show you guys some pictures of the amazing pieces of hardware we have built, but is there anything better than see an unexpected product out of the blue ?

Surprises are great, i think that the ones that know what we are working at miss this nice impact

Last edited:

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
This year is going to be amazing, believe me. We have some candies in the pocket

I hope we just keep selling until those candies are cooked, so we can continue paying the party.

Super SD System 3 was a big surprise on sales and allowed us to hire another engineer in January to work on some secret thingle :) We are starting to be a "band" on human resources (number wise)

Double or nothing,

i know ;)

I would love to show you guys some pictures of the amazing pieces of hardware we have built, but is there anything better than see an unexpected product out of the blue ?

Surprises are great, i think that the ones that know what we are working at miss this nice impact

Exciting times for you guys, glad to be contributing (when the Pro is released)

TuSecsy

War Room Troll

Double or nothing,

i know ;)

really hoping for saturn & sega cd ode's myself

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
the only proposal I can suggest is, when somebody receives his shipping note and wants to share the awesomeness here, then he specify the day he ordered the unit, so the others can see what progress has been made, without emailing Terraonion.

Excellent!!! Here goes....

Ordered: 12/23/17
Processing: 03/20/18
Shipped: 03/22/18

Thanks Alex/Terraonion!

Excellent!!! Here goes....

Ordered: 12/23/17
Processing: 03/20/18
Shipped: 03/22/18

Thanks Alex/Terraonion!

Cool thanks for that! I pre-ordered mine on Jan 21, so that let's me know that mine is getting close to being shipped. I play retro games on our Twitch channel with a friend, and we'll definitely let everyone know about this device when we play it live. Already have a working TG-16 console ready to go :)

Cauterize

n00b
Hey NeoSD,

My unit arrived this week and I'm blown away by it. An incredible piece of kit that just works and does exactly what it says it should perfectly. Having already purchased a NeoSD AES cart off you last year though, I expected this would be of the same quality. Good work.

Just a heads up for others, I had some serious issues getting the Super SD System 3 working on my Supergrafx. When testing, I didn't realise but my console had been modified (badly) with one of those horrific glue-gun-happy region free mods to the cartridge slot. I hadn't spotted this previously as the switch had fallen back into the console's shell after some of the glue gave way. When using the SSD3 on the SGX, the SSD3 logo would show, then either the menu would flash up and disappear, or instead a black screen would show instead. Changing the region switch allowed me to get the SSD3 to show the menu and able to play games, however, I was unable to play Supergrafx ROMs: most of these either gave a silent black screen, or a black screen with the game's audio playing on its own.

I'm in the process of finding someone to remove this modification, but anyone with a Supergrafx and the same mod might want to plan ahead and get a vanilla PC Engine instead - that's where I'm playing from at the moment and I can live without the five or so exclusive SGX games out there.

But yeah, incredible work NeoSD, you've done it again!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hey NeoSD,

My unit arrived this week and I'm blown away by it. An incredible piece of kit that just works and does exactly what it says it should perfectly. Having already purchased a NeoSD AES cart off you last year though, I expected this would be of the same quality. Good work.

Just a heads up for others, I had some serious issues getting the Super SD System 3 working on my Supergrafx. When testing, I didn't realise but my console had been modified (badly) with one of those horrific glue-gun-happy region free mods to the cartridge slot. I hadn't spotted this previously as the switch had fallen back into the console's shell after some of the glue gave way. When using the SSD3 on the SGX, the SSD3 logo would show, then either the menu would flash up and disappear, or instead a black screen would show instead. Changing the region switch allowed me to get the SSD3 to show the menu and able to play games, however, I was unable to play Supergrafx ROMs: most of these either gave a silent black screen, or a black screen with the game's audio playing on its own.

I'm in the process of finding someone to remove this modification, but anyone with a Supergrafx and the same mod might want to plan ahead and get a vanilla PC Engine instead - that's where I'm playing from at the moment and I can live without the five or so exclusive SGX games out there.

But yeah, incredible work NeoSD, you've done it again!

Hello,

There is a swich on the right side of the supergrafx to change from I to II, this changes from supergrafx mode to coregrafx/pcengine mode.

Last edited:

comp1demon

n00b
Hello,

There is a swich on the right side of the supergrafx to change from I to II, this changes from supergrafx mode to coregrafx/pcengine mode.

I am also going to be using a supergrafx when mine arrives.
So just to be clear the I and II switch on the back of the console changes it from Supergrafx to PC engine mode.
Which switch do you recommend to use for HU cards and PCECD games? There are only 6 Supergrafx games, does the system 3 support them? I would assume I need to flip the switch when playing these?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yes, the SSDS3 supports the Supergrafx games.

Generally speaking, you can leave it in Supergrafx mode all the time.

However if you run into any game problems, you can switch it back to PCEngine mode.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

Well we see neosd is running a real company, and he wouldn't throw it away by selling an item with roms already on it.