PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
I've just been asked this question about "What if my system is already RGB modded":-

If the mod was done properly and coupling caps used to feed the RGB and sync signals, then it should work OK in parallel I think.

Looking at the typical OSH park PCB the output of those caps is DC biased but the cap would block that DC, so I suspect it might just work OK in parallel. I am not an expert though, so I could be wrong.

Yeah you should be fine. I wouldn't recommend using the designs off OSHPark anyway, most of them are wrong attenuation.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Errr... Keep getting merchant error. Is that neosd side or my bank side? Tried 3 accounts now

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Errr... Keep getting merchant error. Is that neosd side or my bank side? Tried 3 accounts now

Usually it's your bank Greedo...

It seems international payments to a Spanish bank is flagged quite high for security...

You just need to ring your bank and ask them to walk you past the security... lot of our memberbase had issues with this and it's usually your banks security setup...

Wasabi could give you a whole chapter and verse about it:D

xROTx

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Very nice work. CD game support is amazing. I never bothered to rgb mod my Duo so I may have to grab one of these so I can hook up TG-16 up to the PVM.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi guys... from 11.26 GMT....

Neosd asked me to tell you this:

08-12-2017 - 00:20 IMPORTANT - PAYMENT SYSTEM ISSUE

Hi guys, it seems we passed the per daily sales limit our payment system allows.
We see every incoming transaction blocked now, its 00:20 here today and tomorrow is National party in Spain, i will call some friends that work at our bank tomorrow to try to get the limited removed so if you can´t purchase, just try in some hours please.

Sorry about the inconvenience

Please try again tomorrow lads...

xROTx

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I don't understand why neoSD's bank doesn't want him to be successful.

Has anyone mentioned anything about GamesXpress Huey support?

haightc

n00b
This is awesome, I have two Super CDROMs already, but both need recap. Normally I am okay with recap, but SCD2 are a PIA. I would venture more so than the DUO. I tried to buy one today, but I just got an error after entering CC info. I tried again, but then I got an error that the order was a duplicate. I guess I'll wait a little bit and see if it sorts itself out or I should try again!

neosd

Neosd Developer
This is awesome, I have two Super CDROMs already, but both need recap. Normally I am okay with recap, but SCD2 are a PIA. I would venture more so than the DUO. I tried to buy one today, but I just got an error after entering CC info. I tried again, but then I got an error that the order was a duplicate. I guess I'll wait a little bit and see if it sorts itself out or I should try again!

Payment system is fucked, we passed our daily sales limit, please try again tomorrow (we are trying to get it rised in 8 hours when we wake up, if we can´t everyone will have to wait 24 hours since now)

Really sorry about that

BTW, time to sleep 1:32 here

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Looks awesome. Definitely gonna get an order in....as soon as neosd's bank is able to accept money.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Any chance of adding a built in cheat system in the future? We've been able to patch HuCard roms for a while to add cheats, but doing it with CD games would be cool.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Any chance of adding a built in cheat system in the future? We've been able to patch HuCard roms for a while to add cheats, but doing it with CD games would be cool.

Once the right people have it in their hands, anything is possible. NeoSD has created a masterpiece. Once people are done salivating, the lets see if I try this phase will begin.

Really exciting time to be a gamer!

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Awesome. This is exactly what I was hoping for and now I'm glad that I never got around to RGB modding my PCE as well as buying the Everdrive.

Last edited:

-SD-

Camel Slug
Looks great, considering getting hold of a Core Grafx system now.

So, would it be possible for a similar device for the Megadrive, with the FPGA handling the Mega CD's 68k and Ricoh chips? And a shell that looks very much like the unreleased Mega FDD....

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Echoing what everyone said, this is great.

I'm glad I never got rid of my Core Grax 2.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Pretty damn awesome. Only other thing I wish it did was svideo too but other than that this thing is perfect.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Looks great, considering getting hold of a Core Grafx system now.

So, would it be possible for a similar device for the Megadrive, with the FPGA handling the Mega CD's 68k and Ricoh chips? And a shell that looks very much like the unreleased Mega FDD....

Yea, Same here. Sold my PCE and Core Grafx systems years back thinking I would never need them again. Now I have to hunt one down. Good thing Is they don't have to be modded.

Sorry for being off topic but I was thinking the same thing in regards to the MD. Maybe something that connects to the expansion port on the side of the Megadrive and acts as a Sega Cd.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Not wanting to get anyone out of the market at all, we just want to build things we would love to own and use. Obviously the easy things are already done and we are working on the hard ones

I am really, really hoping that you are also Sega Saturn fans! Anyway, great job on the PC Engine SD system. Looks awesome. I will definately pick one up.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yea, Same here. Sold my PCE and Core Grafx systems years back thinking I would never need them again. Now I have to hunt one down. Good thing Is they don't have to be modded.

Sorry for being off topic but I was thinking the same thing in regards to the MD. Maybe something that connects to the expansion port on the side of the Megadrive and acts as a Sega Cd.

I'm not sure if a Sega CD replacement would be commercially viable. The CD2 is pretty reliable and there are maybe 10 good games for the system.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not sure if a Sega CD replacement would be commercially viable. The CD2 is pretty reliable and there are maybe 10 good games for the system.

Yea, I guess your right. I have perfectly working X'Eye and CDX consoles that never gave me any issues and also have perfectly working PCE Duo's. I don't like the CD2. I just think that any device that could run CD files off a SD card is a major plus just because the less moving parts, the less likely you have to worry about replacing parts in the future.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Holy shit, this is awesome! My entire PCE collection is obsolete...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yea, I guess your right. I have perfectly working X'Eye and CDX consoles that never gave me any issues and also have perfectly working PCE Duo's. I don't like the CD2. I just think that any device that could run CD files off a SD card is a major plus just because the less moving parts, the less likely you have to worry about replacing parts in the future.

Hey, I'm all for it man but NeoSD Team need to make a profit ;)

lions3

Igniz's Servent
just here to say holy crap! WANT!

Hopefully you guys will make another batch in January or Feb... when i'm cash positive again. Great work!

On a completely unrealistic design note, too bad you couldn't have make the pcb/case look like a mini PCE briefcase. Just saying.. :loco:

pc-engine-hucard-and-cd-rom-briefcase-interface-unit-loose.jpg