PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Well this blows. No Super SD System 3 in stock and I wanted one for Christmas. Oh well. I think I'll get a regular everdrive until they restock it. It's not that'd be hard to resell.

Edit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/terraonion/status/1195438089134583808?s=20

I hope soon means in time for Christmas

Terraonion has them on hand, they are just waiting to fulfill all Mega SD orders before putting the SSDS3 out for sale. That are just a few guys so they need to pace themselves. This info comes from their Discord. I expect them to go on sale in a matter of weeks.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
SSDS3 will be available at the Terraonion store Black Friday. They are offering 16% discount on MegaSD. Not sure if the same offer will be available for SSDS3.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
SSDS3 will be available at the Terraonion store Black Friday. They are offering 16% discount on MegaSD. Not sure if the same offer will be available for SSDS3.

Really? Stoneage Gamer will not have them for BF. Is it hard to buy from terraonion outside of the EU?

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Really? Stoneage Gamer will not have them for BF. Is it hard to buy from terraonion outside of the EU?

When I bought mine the shipping wasn't bad - buying direct from Terraonion that is. Still way less than Analogue

c0nn0r

10 Year Member

Easy to buy from TO proper. Just use a credit card. I know they had some issues in the past, but it seems to be sorted now since moving to Andorra.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's easy to order, the issue Americans tend to have is that the banks seem to block a sudden expensive charge from Andorra since they think it's fraud. But that's the buyer's issue, not TO's. I used to keep a card specifically for overseas orders and had no problems.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The two times I ordered from TO it went off without a hitch. If I order with the same card from Play Asia it’s nothing but a headache since it’s always flagged for fraud. I think it’s just because they have the word Asia in their name. My bank is clearly racist.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I downloaded 65 cd rom games last night and the full romset. I'm pretty stoked. One of my favorite systems of all time.

Theres a SHMUP set hosted online. I cant remember the name of the set off the top of my head, bit I have the page saved on my desktop pc. It's every PCE SHMUP 1:1 ripped in one package.

Edit*** project peacock on archive dot org

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I grabbed the 2019 Redump set from archive.org. 170gb for the whole enchilada (except for two games). After enjoying the Mega SD I’m pretty stoked to give this a spin.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
I grabbed the 2019 Redump set from archive.org. 170gb for the whole enchilada (except for two games). After enjoying the Mega SD I’m pretty stoked to give this a spin.

Thanks, I heard about this years ago, never went for the whole thing. It keeps giving me an "170 GB is too large for zip-on-the-fly" error though. You actually downloaded them all clicking links one-by-one or the link for all worked for you ?? Really surprised this is floating around on WayBack/archive.org, heh.

EDIT: Nevermind, I learned about the "DownThemAll!" Add-on/Extension for FireFox, got the hang of it! I guess I'll leave the PC on all night with my 3TB backup drive going to keep all these handy for whenever (especially given the state of emuparadise). I always wanted a nice Download Manager feature like that which gives you a list of parsed out links in a page, feels like it should've been part of browsers by default by now.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I picked them off one by one. I ended up with 93 cd rom games (some dupes). I don't think I need the whole enchilada. A lot of untranslated RPGs and comic adventures.

ChopstickSamurai

EDIT: Nevermind, I learned about the "DownThemAll!" Add-on/Extension for FireFox, got the hang of it! I guess I'll leave the PC on all night with my 3TB backup drive going to keep all these handy for whenever (especially given the state of emuparadise). I always wanted a nice Download Manager feature like that which gives you a list of parsed out links in a page, feels like it should've been part of browsers by default by now.

That’s the exact way I downloaded them as well. DownThemAll is a fantastic Firefox extension. It really comes in handy.

That set looks like it has all of the disc games sans Steam Hearts and another odd ball title. Shouldn’t be too hard to track them down.

Grabbing everything might be overkill, but I’ve found it’s nice to just have the whole set from the get go. That way when you hear about a cool sounding game later you already have it. Plus I’ve been way too spoiled by those Smokemonster Everdrive packs over the years. :)

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
I picked them off one by one. I ended up with 93 cd rom games (some dupes). I don't think I need the whole enchilada. A lot of untranslated RPGs and comic adventures.
Ouch, so you went manual. That took patience!

Yeah, I knew there had to be some decent Download Manager that can fish out zip links. I had some in the past that were good for resuming, and appending as you clicked around on the page.

That’s the exact way I downloaded them as well. DownThemAll is a fantastic Firefox extension. It really comes in handy.

That set looks like it has all of the disc games sans Steam Hearts and another odd ball title. Shouldn’t be too hard to track them down.

Grabbing everything might be overkill, but I’ve found it’s nice to just have the whole set from the get go. That way when you hear about a cool sounding game later you already have it. Plus I’ve been way too spoiled by those Smokemonster Everdrive packs over the years. :)

Exactly what I wanted, it should be part of the browser by default! Too much risk of interruption to grab that 170GB archive even if it worked. Plus the time to randomly extract one or two archives in that beast would be painful in seek time!

It's interesting how they ripped the CDs. I agree with the file-per-track form as my TurboRip does to patch translations in games/replace Japanese waves easier (over a solid BIN/CUE), but they stripped the wave header (just 44 bytes), named the audio files with .BIN just like the data tracks...

So if you wanna randomly listen to some of the great PC Engine music, you'd have to do a few extra steps: Unzip, Mount CUE file with a Virtual CD emulator, and then use say ExactAudioCopy/EAC to get a full view of tracks to select audio ones to play... It could then rip to WAV or encode to MP3, etc.

I would've preferred they did BIN/WAV/CUE, but it seems they wanted the wave header stripped to save space in each audio file for more compression I guess. I don't think stripping a 44-byte header for every audio file was worth it to lose the convenience of being able to unzip it using a .wav extension instead to immediately play with the associated music app...

Anyway, interesting choice, and much respect for all the work they did!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Ouch, so you went manual. That took patience!

It was fine. I didn't know about that extension. I don't see myself going more in depth. If I use that extension can I de-select stuff so I don't redownload what I already have? It would be a waste of time and bandwidth.

Btw there's an official translation for Rondo not on the redump. It was ripped from the Wii release then patched back onto the pce CD version. Just a heads up for those not in the know.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Btw there's an official translation for Rondo not on the redump. It was ripped from the Wii release then patched back onto the pce CD version. Just a heads up for those not in the know.

I have the PCE Works bootleg. It's sweet.