PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Let me help you guys out: The RGB amp has ZERO to do with jailbars.

If your PCE has jailbars, it doesn't matter what amp design you use. They will still be there.

Tim's jailbar fix will help minimize and in some cases completely remove them.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
sdsystem3.jpeg

Happy I got this beauty delivered today, that was super fast and greatly packed!
Hope to give it some love during the weekend :)

haightc

n00b
Awesome, I assume our order ID is the specific number related sequentially you are. It might be nice with the shipping updates if you let us know what order you working on/shipping. It would kind of give an idea how far down you are on the queue and help avoid some where's my kit emails.

Friend of Sonic

War Room Troll
Has anyone here used a Scart cable wired for Csync? Someone on another forum mentioned difficulty in using a cable wired for Csync, although it may very well just be his cable

neosd

Neosd Developer
Awesome, I assume our order ID is the specific number related sequentially you are. It might be nice with the shipping updates if you let us know what order you working on/shipping. It would kind of give an idea how far down you are on the queue and help avoid some where's my kit emails.

Hello,

We still have 17 pending from the first day,
I started working on the shipments today but neodev and myself figured something great we were looking for since a year ago.
So i quit from packing and started working on that ...
I hope we will be able to clear the first day orders tomorrow and move to the next one

Paticence please.

Alex,

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Has anyone here used a Scart cable wired for Csync? Someone on another forum mentioned difficulty in using a cable wired for Csync, although it may very well just be his cable

Yes, I have 2 Csync cables from Retro Access that both the same issues for certain games. Ninja Scroll shows weird flickering and dimming... The color in Splatterhouse is completely faded and dim. The problem is definitely related to the cable... I changed it out for a cheapo cable from Amazon and everything looks perfect.

Here is what the title screen on Ninja Scroll looks like on the Retro Access cable:

nscroll.jpg

Weird flickering during gameplay:

nscrolls.jpg

Again, just pick up one of those $8 cables from Amazon... works perfectly fine! Here are shots of SS3 goodness:

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yes, I have 2 Csync cables from Retro Access that both the same issues for certain games. Ninja Scroll shows weird flickering and dimming... The color in Splatterhouse is completely faded and dim. The problem is definitely related to the cable... I changed it out for a cheapo cable from Amazon and everything looks perfect.

Here is what the title screen on Ninja Scroll looks like on the Retro Access cable:

View attachment 48393

View attachment 48394

Again, just pick up one of those $8 cables from Amazon... works perfectly fine! Here are shots of SS3 goodness:

View attachment 48395

View attachment 48396

View attachment 48397

Thank You...

Cable gate is about to rear its ugly head.... but hey... its a FUCKIN' Cable...

xROTx

PS. Nice Pics;)

neosd

Neosd Developer
Flashbackx,
Nice pictures.

Jus guessing ... could you open the scart connector to see whats inside there ?

We don´t know what those cables may have inside, but maybe they added rgb aplifiers there or who knows what ...

Friend of Sonic

War Room Troll
I guess I'll take the bait and wonder why it's so bad for us to make sure we have a cable with proper specs. I assume the number 3 refers in part to the RGB picture that the expansion kit provides, so that would mean conversation about the RGB functionality is just as valid as discussing the ability to play CD images or Hucard ROMs, right?

The reason I'm asking is because Neo made a post on the Shmups forum stating the needs of the cable if you choose to use Csync, which Retro Console Accessories/Retro Access claims to provide. So there is an issue somewhere, whether it's the FUCKIN CABLE or the device itself. I think it's helpful to discuss it to see if we can save anyone's trouble while they're shopping for their FUCKIN CABLE

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I guess I'll take the bait and wonder why it's so bad for us to make sure we have a cable with proper specs. I assume the number 3 refers in part to the RGB picture that the expansion kit provides, so that would mean conversation about the RGB functionality is just as valid as discussing the ability to play CD images or Hucard ROMs, right?

The reason I'm asking is because Neo made a post on the Shmups forum stating the needs of the cable if you choose to use Csync, which Retro Console Accessories/Retro Access claims to provide. So there is an issue somewhere, whether it's the FUCKIN CABLE or the device itself. I think it's helpful to discuss it to see if we can save anyone's trouble while they're shopping for their FUCKIN CABLE

Hi Sonic... Nice to see you...

Talk nice... there is a tech thread about the RGB cable thingy... 48 hour war room lock...

xROTx

PS. Who's next?

LATE EDIT. I never liked you anyway... don't expect me to remember to unlock you after the 48 hours... I'm getting on a bit... and getting senile in my old age...

neosd

Neosd Developer

I got my new car, manufacturer says it needs 18" wheels but i decided to put 25" wheels there.
I got to blame to the manufacturer cause i can´t get a corner with those 25" wheels, damn manufacturer.

Resuming : if you have a cable that dosen´t works, it would be "nice" to open it and see whats inside there and if it fits the manufacturer requirements instead of starting a drama party.

Telling it on other way :

i am a cool cables manufacturer, a cable is cheap to manufacture and my customers know that. I need to put something inside those cables to double the price.
What i am going to put there ? anything ... leds, amplifiers, wifi chips ? anything as long as my customers think its worth to pay for those unuseful things.

Then you guys come here crying about that ...

thanks god we haven´t deciced to put an hdmi output or some high tech guy would come here telling one cable looks better than another one.

But hey, people buy expensive hdmi cables instead of cheap ones .... digital cables ...

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

View attachment 48393

View attachment 48394

View attachment 48395

View attachment 48396

View attachment 48397

Link to the Amazon cable?

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Link to the Amazon cable?

I'm using this one. $10 currently but there is a cheaper one there. https://www.amazon.com/YB-OSANA-Replacement-SCART-Sega-Genesis-Generation/dp/B01JSK2LHM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516141657&sr=8-2&keywords=genesis+scart+cable

Flashbackx,
Nice pictures.

Jus guessing ... could you open the scart connector to see whats inside there ?

We don´t know what those cables may have inside, but maybe they added rgb aplifiers there or who knows what ...

I'll have look.

Edit: Yes, I will post them in the tech thread

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm using this one. $10 currently but there is a cheaper one there. https://www.amazon.com/YB-OSANA-Replacement-SCART-Sega-Genesis-Generation/dp/B01JSK2LHM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516141657&sr=8-2&keywords=genesis+scart+cable

I'll have look.

Edit: Yes, I will post them in the tech thread

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered the cable just incase the one I have doesnt work. I have 1 retrogaming csync cable, and two retro access cables that I don't know if they are csync or not.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered the cable just incase the one I have doesnt work. I have 1 retrogaming csync cable, and two retro access cables that I don't know if they are csync or not.

Yeah, I ordered one too as my current cable is kinda iffy.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Glad to know about not using the Retro Access cables on it as I was planning on ordering another one from them once I finally got my order in.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

View attachment 48393

View attachment 48394

View attachment 48395

View attachment 48396

View attachment 48397

Ninja scroll. Lololololol. Jfc.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
C sync cables aren't really the proper spec of a Genesis cable, they were designed as an alternative for certain that setups that have issues with composite video sync. Also, the "boosted sync" cables are way out of spec.

What I'm trying to say is if the standard cable works and the others have issues, the device is operating as intended.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
What? Are you the sales rep for that company or something?

I'm interested... tell me...

xROTx

PS. Romania eh... the Company is based in the UK... mmhh....

___

No sir i'm not a rep, i preordered for my SSS3 .I discover this when i try some searches on google and honesty i just wanna share this with other SSS3 future owners ^_^ . the first batch was gone ... save this for the next future things you maybe wanna try. Cheers

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
___

No sir i'm not a rep, i preordered for my SSS3 .I discover this when i try some searches on google and honesty i just wanna share this with other SSS3 future owners ^_^ . the first batch was gone ... save this for the next future things you maybe wanna try. Cheers

OK... carry on...

xROTx