PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Still waiting my tracking number , don't know if neosd has moved to the second day orders shipment , never mind ... i can wait .

By the way , I'm really disgusted about some comments on shmups , especially the moron who send back the pcesd3.

Some like me barely dared to dream about PCE Super SD System 3 for almost a decade .... How such reactions can happen ? :(

keep your head up Alex ...

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Still waiting my tracking number , don't know if neosd has moved to the second day orders shipment , never mind ... i can wait .

By the way , I'm really disgusted about some comments on shmups , especially the moron who send back the pcesd3.

Some like me barely dared to dream about PCE Super SD System 3 for almost a decade .... How such reactions can happen ? :(

keep your head up Alex ...

Oh man, I quit going to shmups ages ago. Nerd snowflake collectards give me ultra-turbo-rage.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
Oh man, I quit going to shmups ages ago. Nerd snowflake collectards give me ultra-turbo-rage.

Except it's that shmups thread that's going to get these cable and RGB quality issues resolved. Ironically, the thread was briefly derailed by someone posting like they were here. Otherwise, it's been a productive and civil discussion, and why that would induce rage, I have no idea.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm curious to know if anyone has tried the SD3 with a crt yet. So far It's been upscaler issues with cables and that's fine that people are trying to figure out what's the best solution but I just want to know if anyone has experienced any issues with crt? Thank you

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm curious to know if anyone has tried the SD3 with a crt yet. So far It's been upscaler issues with cables and that's fine that people are trying to figure out what's the best solution but I just want to know if anyone has experienced any issues with crt? Thank you

Issue still happens with CRT.

I tested mine with my OSSC and PVM. Same issue on both.

I only tried it on my PVM and didn't have any issues. What issues are people having? Haven't tried the thing on my framemeister yet.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I only tried it on my PVM and didn't have any issues. What issues are people having? Haven't tried the thing on my framemeister yet.

Good To Hear. Any background Video Noise? Some people are experiencing weird stuff with the Bonks Games. Try it on your framemeister and let us know. thanks

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Looks like one of my other cables arrived today. I'll check it out tonight.

Also waiting on a 9pin mini din connector to arrive. Building another cable as well. Test that also.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's what I was planning on using, but I went with Correos shipping so I don't know when I'll get mine.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm curious about the retrovision cables...was potentially planning on using them.

I should be posting this in tech... Just to give you an update here and I'll post further discussion in the FUCKING CABLE:lolz::lolz::lolz: forum.

I don't want to drag out a PVM, so keep in mind I tested via the Framemeister which many already know looks shitty via component and the d-terminal. It worked very well... it doesn't look near as good as RGB but it's acceptable. I'll wager that if you use them directly to LCD component or to a CRT they will look awesome. The noise described earlier was still there, but that could be due to my setup.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I should be posting this in tech... Just to give you an update here and I'll post further discussion in the FUCKING CABLE:lolz::lolz::lolz: forum.

I don't want to drag out a PVM, so keep in mind I tested via the Framemeister which many already know looks shitty via component and the d-terminal. It worked very well... it doesn't look near as good as RGB but it's acceptable. I'll wager that if you use them directly to LCD component or to a CRT they will look awesome. The noise described earlier was still there, but that could be due to my setup.

Yeah.. prob for the best...

I have advised Alex... (who is under a great deal of stress...)... to take timeout from all froum activity unless necessary...

I care... no matter what people say...

HOWEVER... this means... you're all mine...:keke:

xROTx

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
Except it's that shmups thread that's going to get these cable and RGB quality issues resolved. Ironically, the thread was briefly derailed by someone posting like they were here. Otherwise, it's been a productive and civil discussion, and why that would induce rage, I have no idea.

They took the nicey nice approach a month ago and it got nothing done. Sometimes people have to get pissed off in order to do the right thing. Just human nature unfortunately.

Agree the NeoSD team should take a step back though now that they're actually fixing the situation (like they should've a month ago but that hardly matters here and now).

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
They took the nicey nice approach a month ago and it got nothing done. Sometimes people have to get pissed off in order to do the right thing. Just human nature unfortunately.

Agree the NeoSD team should take a step back though now that they're actually fixing the situation (like they should've a month ago but that hardly matters here and now).

How about you be quiet for a while...

I read that thread... you came across as slightly two-faced...

People may not like me in certain quarters... but one thing is assured... they ALL know where I stand...

alienpdx

n00b

Heres mine running on a trinitron crt , no upscalers and a 6 euro shit genesis 2 rgb scartcable

https://www.facebook.com/vincent.bijwaard/videos/10157341357926164/

(dont forget to set to 1440p :)

and i think it looks glorious. then again, im not some rgb fashionada fetishist and i have no idea about how it should look, otherwise i would be emulating it on a pc without any static noise or scanline banding.
and the scanline bending is from my phone/camera.

that tv is over 25 years old hehe

alienpdx

n00b
and not to start a flame war or contribute negatively to the whole thing going on: i had no involvement in the hardware design at all, but the entitlement and whining ive read online (and no, most guys have been totally cool with us, its just those john silva's that stick out )

, it seems some people forget that u are playing with 30 year old hardware that didnt even had a proper rgb output in that time , and then complain it doesnt work 100% with your expensive framemeister and oscc whatever in 2018 is just mind blowing to read sometimes.

again, im just an avarage joe when it comes to hardware and shit, i dont earn any euro or dollar with every ssds3 sold (im working totally for free on these projects, except they send me a device, ofcourse :) ) so, i dont care if u buy it or dont buy it, but some of the bitching ive seen takes a toll even on me, feeling like not even wanting to do anything anymore for these communities, neo-geo or pcengine sofar.

Then again: im looking forward to all the bitching on the other products we have lined up, but it can be very stressfull sometimes.

end of rant. i dont wanna insult people personally or anything, its just how i observe it from the sideline, some ppl are OCD's freaks to me when it comes to that stuff about rgb or a sticker design on a shell =) Internet is a bitch sometimes.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
and not to start a flame war or contribute negatively to the whole thing going on: i had no involvement in the hardware design at all, but the entitlement and whining ive read online (and no, most guys have been totally cool with us, its just those john silva's that stick out )

, it seems some people forget that u are playing with 30 year old hardware that didnt even had a proper rgb output in that time , and then complain it doesnt work 100% with your expensive framemeister and oscc whatever in 2018 is just mind blowing to read sometimes.

again, im just an avarage joe when it comes to hardware and shit, i dont earn any euro or dollar with every ssds3 sold (im working totally for free on these projects, except they send me a device, ofcourse :) ) so, i dont care if u buy it or dont buy it, but some of the bitching ive seen takes a toll even on me, feeling like not even wanting to do anything anymore for these communities, neo-geo or pcengine sofar.

Then again: im looking forward to all the bitching on the other products we have lined up, but it can be very stressfull sometimes.

end of rant. i dont wanna insult people personally or anything, its just how i observe it from the sideline, some ppl are OCD's freaks to me when it comes to that stuff about rgb or a sticker design on a shell =) Internet is a bitch sometimes.

Many here share your opinion , i don't like the way everything has turned out, it seems to me that neosd team was taken hostage by some RGB fanatics.

Technically, the rgb output of the pcesd3 is equivalent or superior than what was officialy done at the time and I know what I'm talking about, I live in France and we were among those who had the only rgb consoles of the era.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I'll play this sucker off'f composite if I have to. Remember when us 'Mericans used to do everything off of RF? Dark days.

I'm glad that there's people in the scene helping out. Everyone else, I feel, needs a sense of perspective. Most of the largest companies I can think of off the top of my head have released products into the wild with bigger problems than what's facing Terraonion. I mean, Samsung released a phone that randomly caught on fire, ffs. And they no doubt had dozens, if not hundreds, of employees working on their products.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Heres mine running on a trinitron crt , no upscalers and a 6 euro shit genesis 2 rgb scartcable

https://www.facebook.com/vincent.bijwaard/videos/10157341357926164/

(dont forget to set to 1440p :)

and i think it looks glorious. then again, im not some rgb fashionada fetishist and i have no idea about how it should look, otherwise i would be emulating it on a pc without any static noise or scanline banding.
and the scanline bending is from my phone/camera.

that tv is over 25 years old hehe

Looks Good To Me. Thank you for making the Video.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Yea, alot of older members here feel the same way as you Alien. I agree with your feelings on this matter. We have some smart guys on this Forum and I have No Doubt they'll figure out what's going on with this rgb cable issue. People just need to be patient.

takeshi385

n00b
Hang in there neosd team. We are all rooting for you. If I haven't already, I would like to apologize for my comment regarding shell fitment. When I originally posted it, it didn't seem mean to me, however after I rereading the comment the following day it struck me as brash and rude. I hope this comment never discouraged you and I am still super excited. I am also gleefully happy that this thing works better than the real thing. This ode ends much of my frustration because I originally bought a broken duo hoping to fix it. After cleaning up someone's shotty repair job and replacing all the capacitors, the op amps and the drive, this thing began to work. Although the pc duo worked, I still couldn't get redbook audio working. In addition, whilst I now have all the remaining chips to replace the entirety of the audio circuit , at some point I had to just sit back and say I had chased this rabbit far enough and whilst I'm sure I could get this thing working it wouldn't be worth it.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I have advised Alex... (who is under a great deal of stress...)... to take timeout from all froum activity unless necessary...

Good call. Right now would be more stressful than necessary.

Wait until you have good news.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I'll play this sucker off'f composite if I have to. Remember when us 'Mericans used to do everything off of RF? Dark days.

I was just thinking that! I had an unmodded Super CDRom2 system I left stock, just recappped. I played it through composite via Framemeister and it was not bad AT ALL. I would liken it to the SNES Mini with "CRT" effect. So, yeah, I am fully prepared to do that with this if RGB is less than satisfactory out of the box. And I'll be happy to do so, considering it's magical powers.