PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

neosd

Neosd Developer
And less worries for you , waiting between injection moulding machine until late hours.

Don´t remember me that ...

At the end it was like 6 months until i shorted all with this factory when we should just get an smooth transaction.
Tons of kms driven to the factory, so many emails answered, people not happy.

To not have an answer for some questions such as when are we going to ship and so.

Thats why we switched to another place. I couldn´t live with this again

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
Looks very nice neosd,keep up the good work,i hope your next project will be sega cd,instant buy for me,you bring quality to us.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
On an ASIDE.... for all the non-weirdoe people who are looking to play the device... and are not so "tech orientated"...

I can supply you a "Link"...

You may PM me or come into chat... for the "Link"...

xROTx

PS. This is until I can think of a way to do this without getting my ass in trouble... because I forsee that we may have certain posts coming up that would involve the mod team to frown upon...

Thanks for the help, Rot.

PS - Shell looks toight.

Last edited:

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
That system should work fine, but you're paying a lot for a RGB mod that you won't need.

That cable in the second link should work fine, although I don't know anything about the quality.

I hope to have a discount from that seller because i already buy some consoles and games and the last one (dreamcast) had problems, so I will ask a discount. This console seems in good conditions. He has the white version too: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Console-Nec-...605471?hash=item5d77d8099f:g:3uoAAOSw9hdaDHPn that is a little cheaper and in good conditions too.

Do you think that i can buy? I asked him if the capacitors are new, he wrote that the console is cleaned and completely fixed and reconditioned...

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I hope to have a discount from that seller because i already buy some consoles and games and the last one (dreamcast) had problems, so I will ask a discount. This console seems in good conditions. He has the white version too: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Console-Nec-...605471?hash=item5d77d8099f:g:3uoAAOSw9hdaDHPn that is a little cheaper and in good conditions too.

Do you think that i can buy? I asked him if the capacitors are new, he wrote that the console is cleaned and completely fixed and reconditioned...

The RGB mod is entirely pointless, if you're going to be using Terraonion's new product. Why waste the extra money? Don't get me wrong: IF buying that particular system makes you happy then get it, but I'd just as soon buy a beater PCE and recondition it myself, (which is exactly what I'm doing) than spend extra money on an unnecessary mod. Just my two cents, man.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Ok guys,

First production update comes today

Mould has finished the polishment stage and we got samples of the final pieces, those SAMPLES are in solid black but FINAL PIECES WILL BE TRANSPARENT SMOKE BLACK

Those pictures are good to see how the shells will look like :

sd_system_3_shells_1.jpg

sd_system_3_shells_2.jpg

sd_system_3_shells_3.jpg

sd_system_3_shells_4.jpg

I hope you all like those
Awesome =D

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Still no luck with ordering, but will keep trying. Bank's in the loop. The shell is looking great, nice work. :D

Sadly, however... I don't know how to tell you this, NeoSD team. But you were too late. This product didn't come out early enough to save this poor victim. Let's take a moment of silence.

H7p3Ee4.jpg

And yes, this is up for sale at eBay at this very moment. ;__;

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
The RGB mod is entirely pointless, if you're going to be using Terraonion's new product. Why waste the extra money? Don't get me wrong: IF buying that particular system makes you happy then get it, but I'd just as soon buy a beater PCE and recondition it myself, (which is exactly what I'm doing) than spend extra money on an unnecessary mod. Just my two cents, man.

Thanks! Unfortunately i'm not able to recondition it myself :/ I need a PC Engine already fixed from the seller. OK i will continue to search a cheaper console (but in good condition). I found some console (ONLY console) at 60$ but I have to add joypad and a power supply adaptor, (i'm in europe) and multiple shipping cost...more or less i will spend in any case about 110/120$ in total...the best way is to buy console+joypad+power supply, in this way i can save money I think...

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
I ordered 2 Core Grafx Systems from this seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-Pc-Eng...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Messaged him in regards to combined shipping and hooked me up with e-express for a few extra bucks, go's by Frankie lol. Seems to be a nice guy. I wasn't looking for anything Minty, just in good shape, that works. Seems like the kind of guy that might give a discount if you buy multiple units.

thanks! But unfortunately it says "this item will NOT ship to Brazil , Argentina, Italy" and I'm in Italy :(
In any case I have to add a joypad (in good condition) and a power supply plus shipping cost, so, more or less, I will spend for sure at least 100/110 euro in total I think...
I don't know if the RGB cable included in the link that i send you is a Megadrive 2 scart cable...I hope so! In this case I can avoid to buy it. I will ask this to the seller. That RGB cable is for the RGB output of the PC Engine, but i don't know if it has the same RGB out of the Megadrive 2...

neosd

Neosd Developer
Just go give some light about where to purchase consoles :

We bought 8 coregrafx (without controllers) for 35 euros each at yahoo auctions some weeks ago.

There are some good auctions there for consoles without accesories or games, worth to have a look there ...

All pasive.

We have to open our mega drive 2 cables by monday cause we have been told those have resistors inside and may cause some issues, we haven´t seen any issues using those MD2 cables on different tvs btw

A Mega Drive 2 cable absolutely is supposed to have components in them!! 470Ohm on the sync line, coupling capacitors & 75Ohm resistors on the RGB lines. If it doesn't it's improperly constructed and in fact not compatible with an actual Mega Drive 2 or standard SCART device. For instance, like you mentioned before, both the Mega Drive and your device outputs TTL level csync. A OSSC / normal European SCART TV does not accept TTL level csync so there needs to be a resistor in the cable.

'Works on my TV' is not a good metric. There's absolutely no question about what a Mega Drive 2 outputs, what components should be in the cable and what voltage levels are correct on the SCART connector. Anything else and you risk results from image quality problems to equipment failure.

See here for properly constructed Mega Drive 2 cables containing the right capacitors and resistors:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk...e-2-sega-genesis-2-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead
https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-seller-...RT-cable-with-Csync-no-jailbars-/201309414919

If you open your cables and there are no resistors and capacitors in them, you have defective cables. If your device only works with cables that lack these components, you are not compatible with Mega Drive 2 cables and need to change the device or cable specification.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
A Mega Drive 2 cable absolutely is supposed to have components in them!! 470Ohm on the sync line, coupling capacitors & 75Ohm resistors on the RGB lines. If it doesn't it's improperly constructed and in fact not compatible with an actual Mega Drive 2 or standard SCART device. For instance, like you mentioned before, both the Mega Drive and your device outputs TTL level csync. A OSSC / normal European SCART TV does not accept TTL level csync so there needs to be a resistor in the cable.

'Works on my TV' is not a good metric. There's absolutely no question about what a Mega Drive 2 outputs, what components should be in the cable and what voltage levels are correct on the SCART connector. Anything else and you risk results from image quality problems to equipment failure.

See here for properly constructed Mega Drive 2 cables containing the right capacitors and resistors:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk...e-2-sega-genesis-2-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead
https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-seller-...RT-cable-with-Csync-no-jailbars-/201309414919

If you open your cables and there are no resistors and capacitors in them, you have defective cables. If your device only works with cables that lack these components, you are not compatible with Mega Drive 2 cables and need to change the device or cable specification.

Calm down Boris... Relax... it'll be fine..

funkychimp

n00b
Hi,

I am still unable to purchase :(

I have tried using three different credit cards. All from the UK being used from the UK. I am not using any kind of VPN or hidden IP Address.

Still getting the 'Data error. Contact the merchant.'

I have contacted my Credit Card companies who state that nothing has hit their end.

Has anybody else managed to order from the UK?

Thanks in advance

funkychimp

Calm down Boris... Relax... it'll be fine..

How do you know I'm Boris and that things will be fine!?!

But yes, I would very much assume that people than can build a PCE ODE can figure out what to output from their A/V socket. That said, there's frequently a very 'ah well, seems to work' attitude in the retro gaming maker community about these things. And then we get Superguns blowing up our SCART switches and HDMI GameCubes shorting themselves out. So I get a bit nervous when people say their recommended MD2 cable shouldn't have any resistors in it ;-)

neosd

Neosd Developer

But yes, I would very much assume that people than can build a PCE ODE can figure out what to output from their A/V socket. That said, there's frequently a very 'ah well, seems to work' attitude in the retro gaming maker community about these things. And then we get Superguns blowing up our SCART switches and HDMI GameCubes shorting themselves out. So I get a bit nervous when people say their recommended MD2 cable shouldn't have any resistors in it ;-)

Don´t worry,

We will check that by monday, we haven´t noticed any issue with our tvs and regular megadrive 2 cables and we thought aswel that those cables were pasive.

We are on time to change values of the resistors on the pcb as soldering process will start by thursday but we don´t think those are needed at all.

At worst scenario we will build 100% pasive cables and everyone is happy but i don´t think we are going to need that at all.

We have to open our cables and see if those have resistors or not, be patient please. I am not the tech head but NEODEV has it shorted

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Thanks! Unfortunately i'm not able to recondition it myself :/ I need a PC Engine already fixed from the seller. OK i will continue to search a cheaper console (but in good condition). I found some console (ONLY console) at 60$ but I have to add joypad and a power supply adaptor, (i'm in europe) and multiple shipping cost...more or less i will spend in any case about 110/120$ in total...the best way is to buy console+joypad+power supply, in this way i can save money I think...

I don't know, man... can you contact that seller and see if he has any non RGB modded systems that he could sell you cheaper? That auction you linked to also had a scart cable that you won't need (I'm assuming it wasn't an MD2 cable).

Otherwise get NeoSD to sell you one of his... he apparently has eight of them J/K :lolz:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

I'll tell you again...

Relax.. Neosd has this man... you're coming across a bit aggressive...

And you're gonna find out why I told you to calm down...

7 day war room lock... perma maybe...

neosd

Neosd Developer
Calm down, if we have to include a pasive cable with each Super SD System 3, we will. We already considered that but took the decision to not do it cause it was another factory to deal with so more work for us.

No one is going to be upset for such thing, we already sent free neosd shells back in the day to everyone as we promissed.

Our goal is to sell but we preffer to have everyone happy and less money on the back at all.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Call down, if we have to include a pasive cable with each Super SD System 3, we will. We already considered that but took the decision to not do it cause it was another factory to deal with so more work for us.

No one is going to be upset for such thing, we already sent free neosd shells back in the day to everyone as we promissed.

Our goal is to sell but we preffer to have everyone happy and less money on the back at all.

Anyone else?... I mean... Neosd doesn't mind tech questions...

However... there were lots of warnings in this thread that I was here... I even told you that if you're gonna reply to me, do it carefully...

Depending on how I'm feeling... you could end up perma fubared...

xROTx

faselei!

n00b
Just ordered mine from UK paying by mastercard credit card, no issues.

Anyway awesome product guys! Congratulations!! ...although it'll be a shame to relegate the cd/briefcase unit I put together from junk purchases...getting the silver rf box off the core pcb was was a burnt fingers low point..

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Anyone else?... I mean... Neosd doesn't mind tech questions...

However... there were lots of warnings in this thread that I was here... I even told you that if you're gonna reply to me, do it carefully...

Depending on how I'm feeling... you could end up perma fubared...

xROTx

Rot, thats ok.

i wont to mess your work but we are ok with everyone asking about things and showing concerns.

Our hardware is designed to be used with a 100% pasive cable.

We never realized mega drive 2 cables had resistors until yesterday, we understand this may cause an issue on some setups but we never had those issues using mega drive 2 cables on our tvs.

So we will open our cables, and do some tests by monday.

If we see the need of put a 100% pasive cable with each SD System 3, we will do, respecting the sales price without any rise.

No problem about that, everyone will be happy.

End of drama

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Maybe don't buy an overpriced cut rate switcher?

He can't hear you... he'll have to view this thread while logged out for a while...

I will admit... the question was valid... but the tone of the posts from a new member was wrong...

A little respect and caution would've gone a long way...

xROTx

PS. I hope this lesson will be learned by all...

Ask the question... Neosd answers them all...

EDIT. But never for one minute think because Neosd is professional enough to answer... that I will like how you ask it...