PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
If this has been mentioned, I apologize, but if I were to order today, I know I'm at the very back of the line – but are we talking about 2 months? 6 months? A year? lead time or what? (super rough ballpark is totally fine - I know there's a number of variables at work with a cool product like this).

neosd

Neosd Developer
If this has been mentioned, I apologize, but if I were to order today, I know I'm at the very back of the line – but are we talking about 2 months? 6 months? A year? lead time or what? (super rough ballpark is totally fine - I know there's a number of variables at work with a cool product like this).

Hard to say but i would say 6-8 weeks after the day we start shipping this batch, it depends only on how many units per week we are able to ship.

We have plans to hire someone to help us packing, validating and shipping packets so this may ended being much less.

We have submited a big batch but most of this is already sold, after everything produced is shipped there is going to be another 1,5 months to get more units produced (atleast i think so).

The big batch order was submited with the plan to be able to ship any ordered unit until shipping day.

Once that, everyone is going to have to wait, we have NEOSD and prototypes for other projects on queue at factory, as since now we are moving to BGA for new projects and we can´t produce prototypes outside factory, so this takes production slots aswel.

After the queue is cleared we will submit another SSDS3 batch based on the orders on this point.

Thanks

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
We have submited a big batch but most of this is already sold, after everything produced is shipped there is going to be another 1,5 months to get more units produced (atleast i think so).

Thank you for the detailed reply! I just ordered - crossing my fingers that since you said most of this batch is already sold, that I might just sneak in at the back of the line (if not, I'll get it when I get it and be happy regardless!). This is my first flash cart ever (and for a system I've never owned before) so I'm excited to try out a new system and it's library of games. Thanks again and have a good one.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

We are receiving a lot emails asking for when people can send back pbs.

This has been explained before, we will give instructions as soon as we have the boards in stock and the forum ready, as today we don´t have any of those, so we are not going to answer those emails.

Please, don´t hammer, be patient

Thanks

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks much for the updates! I've got my OSSC dialed-in, and I'm passing the time by playing genesis, Saturn, Jaguar, SNES, and Neo Geo games :-) My Super NT arrives tomorrow, so that should should distract me from thinking about this a bit as well.

Can't wait!

Mmm

n00b
Hello,
just to know what happened to my order, i had to sign up to a forum, hoped that i was accepted and then i had to read 57 pages.
After reading diagonally those pages i found out that i was not ordering an item but pre-ordering one.
It even gets worst...after reading all this, the only thing that i know is ....someday, eventually, i will get my cart.
Got to say...this is very frustrating.
I will not return to this forum since there isn't any conclusive information here and, after all, only passed 1 month and few weeks after my order.
Cordially,
Miguel

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hello,
just to know what happened to my order, i had to sign up to a forum, hoped that i was accepted and then i had to read 57 pages.
After reading diagonally those pages i found out that i was not ordering an item but pre-ordering one.
It even gets worst...after reading all this, the only thing that i know is ....someday, eventually, i will get my cart.
I will not return to this forum since there isn't any conclusive information here and, after all, only passed 1 month and few weeks after my order.
Cordially,
Miguel

It's posts... and attitudes like this that make me fear for the gaming scene...

No sense of perspective... no real reading of the threads on hand... just ME ME ME...

Don't let the fuckin' door kick you in the face on the way out cunt...

Hello,

Cordially,
Miguel

you're joking , right ? can i called you a liar ? yes ... if you were reading some of posts you would have understood the entire process ... so, from my opinion you are a LIAR ! get lost ... "Cordially " ... miguel

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,
Cordially,
Miguel

Hello,

I am amazed to see the lack of empaty people has those days.

On the product page there is a link to this forum pointing about production status.

frustration.png

You can´t say that you ordered a product being manufactured without know it, its writen in big red words.

Also, you can´t say here that you will be waiting for months without knowing when its going to be shipped cause we have been totally transparent on that.

In about 3 weeks we will be shipping back so if you have an order you are not going to be waiting "for months" for sure ...

Thanks

Last edited:

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
Hello,

I am amazed to see the lack of empaty people has those days.

On the product page there is a link to this forum pointing about production status.

You can´t say that you ordered a product being manufactured without know it, its writen in big red words.

Also, you can´t say here that you will be waiting for months without knowing when its going to be shipped cause we have been totally transparent on that.

In about 3 weeks we will be shipping back so if you have an order you are not going to be waiting "for months" for sure ...

Thanks

I ordered mine about a month ago and I found out about the issues you guys are dealing with.
All I gotta say is TAKE YOUR TIME. I have no problems waiting for a quality product as long as you keep us updated.
The anticipation is what's killing me, but it's a good thing!

Thanks for all your hard work and bringing such a cool device to the Turbo/PCE Community! Cheers!

Tanooki

War Room Troll
MMMoron, clearly. Entitlement peon who can't read for shit. We may be dumping on the baby but he said he wouldn't come back, so hope for the best.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
Its better to give such people just their money back like you did with that other person neosd,they don't deserve this product.
Reading is difficult for many these days.
And they don't get the ssd3 when they want and they begin tho whine like a baby.

FBBTJ

n00b
Take your time. I'm waiting for such a device for many years now. I can wait some week or month more to have a great product :-)

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Can't wait to get my SSD3. Thank you NeoSD! - I would never have been able to experience this system without a product like yours. Picked up my very first TG16 last night in preparation (very clean, even had the film on the 2x TurboGrafx logos still!). I never owned a TG16 myself growing up, but played my buddies when I was maybe 14, so I have fond memories of the system still (with the limited number of games he had for it).

MzRX1uM.jpg

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I can't believe all the self entitled thumb suckers these days. I ordered my Super System 3 the second day after they dropped. Haven't checked this thread in weeks cause I know it will come, and it's like watching water boil.

You have been waiting almost 30 years for a product to play Super CD ISO's on real hardware.

A few more months wont kill you.

If you want shit "right now" buy next gen AAA titles.... Oh wait... They have thousands of people making them and get delayed YEARS.

What do you expect from a team of people probably less than a dozen developing hardware and software?

I waited over 4 years for Pier Solar. With no real updates,
This is nothing compared to that.

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
Wowww! Well color me out of the loop for sure. Just learned about this today and I'm reeeeallly tempted to grab one right now but... money...

Has anyone tried using HD Retrovision's Component cables with this yet? I don't have a good RGB setup at the moment, and I'm fine with using the common man's composite, but that would be turbo awesome if it worked!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yeah, they work. I haven’t personally tested it, but I think GohanX has.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yup, worked great. At the moment I prefer using my internal RGB mod and Shinybow converter but that may change with the new PCB.

neozeed64

n00b
I can't believe all the self entitled thumb suckers these days. I ordered my Super System 3 the second day after they dropped. Haven't checked this thread in weeks cause I know it will come, and it's like watching water boil.

You have been waiting almost 30 years for a product to play Super CD ISO's on real hardware.

A few more months wont kill you.

If you want shit "right now" buy next gen AAA titles.... Oh wait... They have thousands of people making them and get delayed YEARS.

What do you expect from a team of people probably less than a dozen developing hardware and software?

I waited over 4 years for Pier Solar. With no real updates,
This is nothing compared to that.

Hey ignore me if I'm just havin a flashback, but do I remember you from any DC boards or irc channels?

FBBTJ

n00b
Hello,

Did you know if the Super SD System 3 is compatible with the PC Engine LT ?

It is not in the compatible list, but I was wondering if it is because it's not compatible or if it has not been tested yet (it is not common ...).

Thanks ;-)

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Hello,

It is not in the compatible list, but I was wondering if it is because it's not compatible or if it has not been tested yet (it is not common ...).

Thanks ;-)

The expansion connector is the same. It should work just fine.

neodev

Neosd Tech
Hello,

Thanks ;-)

It has not been tested there. I think it requires an adapter to connect expansion port devices.
As long as all connector pins are populated, it should work.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I tested it on my LT and there are issues. It plugs in just fine, but the screen starts waving when the SSD3 is attached. No CD Audio goes through it either. I can show a video if interested.

EDIT: I need to take back what I said about the waving. I just plugged it back in a few minutes ago to record it and it's not happening now. When I first tried it, the screen would wave like crazy. If I closed the screen and played through RGB out it was fine. IDK, maybe my system was having a bad day. Seems ok now. And yes, I understand that the CDA would not travel through the LT's internal speaker.

Last edited: