PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Tanooki

War Room Troll
If anything it's nice to see this level of open honesty about the situation and what has moved and what is incoming too as it's refreshing. Patience is everything, don't be a douche like Silva who got shit canned off probably every single PCE/TG related facebook related site and then some for badgering them over shipments.

Dan Hero

n00b
Hello guys,

Another batch was shipped today, we have shipped every single order from first day (07-12-2017 Spanish hour)
We will ship more tomorrow, both ups and correos orders.

Next week we will get a bigger pcbs batch aswel (i doubt we will end the actual stock this week btw ...)
Also, 250kgs of shells will be delivered next week, so since next week the bottleneck is going to be on shipping/mounting/validating ratter than on stock.

We are working harder to get as many units possible shipped.

Thanks for the patience, everything comes ...

Alex,

This is awesome, please take all the time needed, I ordered the kit a few days ago and I'm not in a hurry. After all, I kinda arrived late to the party :D

DoDonpachi

n00b
I ordered on 8th Dec. Hopefully it will be shipped this week, can't wait :D
Do you provide UPS Tracking IDs so we can track our parcels?

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Had some time to try the SDSystem3 today and it's great.
The RGB display is gorgeous and it works flawlessly. I particularly dig the menu, it's super fast and user friendly.
Hope to test it some more during the weekend, very happy with it! Here are a few pictures:

IMG_20180118_220453.jpg

IMG_20180118_220617.jpg

IMG_20180118_220142.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Good looking pictures!

Have you noticed any background video noise?

Good example would be to play any of the Bonk games and look at the blue sky.

Not jailbars, but wavy or crawling diagonal lines of interference.

Several of us over at the shmups forum have reported this.

Also, what kind of cable are you using?

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Good looking pictures!

Did you get the Amazon cable yet Yodd? I am not seeing the issues you describe with the Bonk games. The only issue I've had with the cable is needing to dial in the sync settings on the Framemeister... which is a bit finicky.

Right now the best setting for me are:
Sync: Off
Timing: 3
Level: 9

I'm a little curious that maybe I shouldn't use this cable based on talk in the tech forum???

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It hasn’t arrived yet. It was suppose to but then got delayed till Sunday.

Glad to hear no noise.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Did you get the Amazon cable yet Yodd? I am not seeing the issues you describe with the Bonk games. The only issue I've had with the cable is needing to dial in the sync settings on the Framemeister... which is a bit finicky.

Right now the best setting for me are:
Sync: Off
Timing: 3
Level: 9

I'm a little curious that maybe I shouldn't use this cable based on talk in the tech forum???

I almost think it should be a new "Settings" thread.

You mentioned the mini, it's setting, your cable and maybe your tv/monitor.

Last edited:

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
It hasn’t arrived yet. It was suppose to but then got delayed till Sunday.

Glad to hear no noise.

I maybe spoke too soon. They are noticeable on the title screen of Lords of Thunder for sure. They don't bother me... but I want to be accurate in posting what I'm seeing.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I maybe spoke too soon. They are noticeable on the title screen of Lords of Thunder for sure. They don't bother me... but I want to be accurate in posting what I'm seeing.

Thanks for the update.

Besides waiting on the cheap-o Amazon cable, I have a 9 pin mini din connector on it's way to me. I'll just build my own shielded cable to test as well.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Thanks for the update.

Besides waiting on the cheap-o Amazon cable, I have a 9 pin mini din connector on it's way to me. I'll just build my own shielded cable to test as well.

Better make sure it adheres to the RetroRGB standard with a scope.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Better make sure it adheres to the RetroRGB standard with a scope.

Dude, I'm on it.

Microscope%2Bfor%2Bpreschoolers.jpg

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Good looking pictures!

Yes I did notice that kind of wavy noise in anime-like sequences with little to no movement. I assumed it was because of some interference with the cheapo cable I got from amazon: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01FPJWTD6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not truly noticeable when there's some screen action though!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
... Mmhh... Seems some of you don't like the atmosphere at NG.com very much...

I appreciate NG.com aint everyones cup of tea... and I've also been reading that NG.com isn't the best place for Terraonion...

That's a decision for Neosd and his team... atm... he gets the benefits of our forum concerning...

1. Bandwidth...
2. Forum Space...
3. Customer tech support...

HOWEVER... if Alex and his team want to create their own dedicated web... that's also fine... I will simply just move the threads back to their relevant forums and delete this one...

Aint no biggie to me...

xROTx

PS. Concerning the mod'ding of this website... It is the way it is...

EDIT. If you wish new mods... then make a poll... see how it goes...
RE-EDIT. If you wish a mod removed... then make a poll... pretty sure there will be only one name on the poll for removal currently :)

neosd

Neosd Developer
... Mmhh... Seems some of you don't like the atmosphere at NG.com very much...

I appreciate NG.com aint everyones cup of tea... and I've also been reading that NG.com isn't the best place for Terraonion...

That's a decision for Neosd and his team... atm... he gets the benefits of our forum concerning...

1. Bandwidth...
2. Forum Space...
3. Customer tech support...

HOWEVER... if Alex and his team want to create their own dedicated web... that's also fine... I will simply just move the threads back to their relevant forums and delete this one...

Aint no biggie to me...

xROTx

PS. Concerning the mod'ding of this website... It is the way it is...

EDIT. If you wish new mods... then make a poll... see how it goes...
RE-EDIT. If you wish a mod removed... then make a poll... pretty sure there will be only one name on the poll for removal currently :)

Rot,

Don´t tell me i have to come here to off another fire, please ...

I have no rest.

I am starting to hate forums at all.

Why people can´t just let us work ?
We know about the issue, we are working on that.

Please, let us work, we will talk about forums when we have time for that, this is not the moment, we have serious things to spend our time at right now.

Alex,

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rot,

Don´t tell me i have to come here to off another fire, please ...

I have no rest.

I am starting to hate forums at all.

Why people can´t just let us work ?
We know about the issue, we are working on that.

Please, let us work, we will talk about forums when we have time for that, this is not the moment, we have serious things to spend our time at right now.

Alex,

Alex...

Essentially... it's the way forums work...

IF you give people a voice... they will use it... for good or for bad pal...

I always mentioned this would happen...

xROTx

PS. THIS is the main reason why a team like NG.dev do NOT use forums anymore...

There are pros and cons to any approach... I always stated I would look after the forums and this includes yours... However... i am looking for a different approach to yours in the sense that I am currently thinking about 2 new mods for it and a stress free environment...

Received my system on Monday, only had time to check it out now - seems to all work perfectly. The font is a little hard to read in the menu, but that's a minor quibble. I already owned a Turbo Everdrive, but it's super neat to be able to just backup the CDs and not having to be a disc jockey anymore. Another great release by you guys :)

Hoping you'll do something similar for the Playstation 2 - I'd love being able to use the extension port on the PS2 in order to load PS2 AND PS1 games off a hard drive!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
This is for NeoSD...I think you've adequately painted the picture of how busy you guys are and what you are up against. If you guys went radio silent for a week I would not care one bit. You've got shit to do and take care of. The nerd fire will be waiting for you when you get time. I know there are plenty of us who will do what we can to put out flames as they pop up.

Seriously, I would just hit "pause" on forums, make a post that says something like "busy shipping all this stuff you guys want, back when we can breathe" and leave it at that for a week or two. Your reputation will be fine.

Just my two cents. I'm seeing a ton of stress that could be avoided. Nerds are gonna scream and shout whether you are here or not. I'd also make a form letter response for people pestering you about shipping via email. Auto response with a similar message. At least for a bit.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Received my system on Monday, only had time to check it out now - seems to all work perfectly. The font is a little hard to read in the menu, but that's a minor quibble.

I noticed that too. Perhaps switching away from all uppercase letters to proper upper and lowercase would make it easier to read.

Not a deal breaker by a long shot, but a possible change for a future firmware.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Received my system on Monday, only had time to check it out now - seems to all work perfectly. The font is a little hard to read in the menu, but that's a minor quibble. I already owned a Turbo Everdrive, but it's super neat to be able to just backup the CDs and not having to be a disc jockey anymore. Another great release by you guys :)

Hoping you'll do something similar for the Playstation 2 - I'd love being able to use the extension port on the PS2 in order to load PS2 AND PS1 games off a hard drive!

You can already do that.