PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

toaks

n00b
Anyone in the west US coast got there SSD3 yet that was Corroes, according to my tracked number they shipped mine on the 20th of last month. I was just wondering in a I get a ballpark estimate of when it might show up. I think some said expect ~2 weeks, but I am guessing they where east coast or midwest.

Mine took 14 days to California from the day it shipped.

comp1demon

n00b
Just wanted to update everyone.. I ordered in March (3/6/18) and my order shipped today.
Very happy for Terraonion getting nearly all caught up!!
Can't wait for mine.
THANKS!!

mistahsnart

New Challenger
Mine showed up today to Minnesota. Ordered on 12/10/17. Shipped on 3/20/18 via Correos. Patience pays off.

Got it hooked up to my home theater setup. Was having a lot of fun playing games. Noticed the slight video noise right away, so I shot my TV. I took a hammer to my receiver and burned my house down too. So I'm homeless now.

Please advise on when I can expect fixes.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The easiest fix is replacing your cable.

I use retro-access with both OSSC and xrgb3.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The easiest fix is replacing your cable.

That could fix the problem if the cable is faulty, but there's also many people who have tried everything from new cables, to different power supplies, different PCE/TG16's even, different speakers/stereos, etc. and the problem still persists so that's definitely not a cure-all. We will all have to wait from a fix from either Voultar who Terra Onion send a Rev2 unit to, or from Terra Onion themselves.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I don't understand why buying the cables people are saying are working is so hard?

Yes there is a flaw for all cables to work and everyone is aware. While you were waiting did you not read up on the the issues with all cables working? Did you not read the working setups thread?

There's been time to be prepared. You've bought a new item from a young company that doesn't have the resources the big guys do. This isn't Nintendo putting out their latest mini or switch.

TerraOnion as you mentioned swallowed some pride and reached out to Voultar to get a different set of eyes on the issues.

Admitting there's a mistake, check .
Working to solve issues, check.
People upset when the situation isn't fixed by clicking their heels together 3 times, check.
People using their SSS3's without issue, laughing at those to silly to buy a cable but still trying to help, check.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Could be.

We've had so many douches here because of this particular item, I no longer give the benefit of doubt.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I don't understand why buying the cables people are saying are working is so hard?

Yes there is a flaw for all cables to work and everyone is aware. While you were waiting did you not read up on the the issues with all cables working? Did you not read the working setups thread?

People using their SSS3's without issue, laughing at those to silly to buy a cable but still trying to help, check.

Syn, I've been following your 'working setups thread'. I have the same Retro-Access cable as you. MobiusStripTech has the same cable as you (and that guy has 4 other cables he's tried as well – amongst tons of other troubleshooting and hardware combinations!). Many other people have the same cables listed in that thread as well, and many of us still have audio (and/or video) noise...

So you saying it's just the cable, and to check the working setups thread, is leading people in the wrong direction as that's not a proven solution to this.

I certainly don't mean to harp on the issues some people have with this great product, I just don't want people to waste money on buying another cable if they don't have to, you know what I mean? That would be a waste of money. We just have to wait until somebody finds out what the problem is and its solution.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Just to nitpick, Mobius has a rev1 board that KidPanda is pretty happy with.

Working setups ups just shows others adaptability I guess.

So wait and gripe while I and others play.

Also, have you joined the TerraOnion forums? I think they're posting there more in hopes of people moving the conversations to their site.

Who knows when these threads are merged into General Tech and console gaming? That axe will fall. I don't necessarily see the threads just being deleted since the NeoSD/Pro are Neo related but SSS3 stuff may get buried.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I dunno what you guys are talking about getting 128gb 200 256gb sd cards.
I got the latest smoke pack, a "complete torrent". I erased duplicates, demos, and unplayable (japanese only) games.
I'm looking at 58gb.

That's in bin cure format I bet if they were in another type you'd be looking at around 8.

I thought of three pc engine cd games off the top of my head that were missing and couldn't find bin/cues for them.
The US turbo-cd release list was complete.

Maybe if you wanna make genre and best of lists as well and re-copy them.

Just sayin if you have an extra 64gb card laying around I think you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm around 55gb and need to erase some games.

Some people want everything.

It comes up once in a while.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm around 55gb and need to erase some games.

Some people want everything.

It comes up once in a while.

What's even funnier? 95% of them can't even read Hiragana/Katakana, much less Kanji.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm able to read yes, no and cancel in Japanese.

And Godzilla, lol

Seren

n00b
I dunno what you guys are talking about getting 128gb 200 256gb sd cards.
I got the latest smoke pack, a "complete torrent". I erased duplicates, demos, and unplayable (japanese only) games.
I'm looking at 58gb.

That's in bin cure format I bet if they were in another type you'd be looking at around 8.

I thought of three pc engine cd games off the top of my head that were missing and couldn't find bin/cues for them.
The US turbo-cd release list was complete.

Maybe if you wanna make genre and best of lists as well and re-copy them.

Just sayin if you have an extra 64gb card laying around I think you'll be fine.

Done the same too. Full Smoke Hucard PCE/TG16 rom pack, TG16 US CD set and all the best JP CD rips (shooters, translations, etc) on a 128Gb and still have about 50+gb left.

Zebpro

n00b
I'm really,considering one after watching this review.Which means selling another console i have.I know it's not perfect yet but i like the idea of the SSDS3 being all in one.

I just heard about this neat device when watching this video review.
For me it seems just perfect.

One point though, in the video he talks about a component being soldered in the wrong "way".
It doesn't seem to be a problem and I know how to desolder/resolder.

But maybe it is fixed now?

Any idea about that?

By the way, I go to the official website and unlike the NeoSD, the SSDS3 page doesn't show any "In stock" or "Out of stock" information status, is it normal.

Can I still place an order for that great piece of hardware?

Thanks in advance for your help/answers about that.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Yes it's fixed....really wasn't an issue from the looks of it. Like a burn your house down issue. People have them and they work just fine. Some people want ps4 quality on old hardware. Which I don't own one of these but it looks awesome.

Zebpro

n00b
Yes it's fixed....really wasn't an issue from the looks of it. Like a burn your house down issue. People have them and they work just fine. Some people want ps4 quality on old hardware. Which I don't own one of these but it looks awesome.

OK, thanks man.

I just read more on the official website and I understand now about the availability.

I guess I will order one and just wait for it to come. :)

I am super interested in this little thing because it replaces the CD-ROM extension. They're becoming rare to find in a good state, not talking about the price, and tend to aged badly, like all other optical based systems.
The different DUO versions are expensive too, and I just like the form factor of a "simple" Core Graphx. ;)

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Done the same too. Full Smoke Hucard PCE/TG16 rom pack, TG16 US CD set and all the best JP CD rips (shooters, translations, etc) on a 128Gb and still have about 50+gb left.

How many Cd translations are there?
I've been looking around a bunch and can only think find a few.