Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like I found a fix for neo cd pads with bad switches

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

Are you going to share the secret cdamm?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

I've been on this site for over 10 years.

I just repaired mine with http://www.newark.com/c-k-components...me-pd-mi-alte# but sadly its just not the same feel and no click.
    23, I remember when I was 23, I was out of prison most of that year, it was a good year. ~ Alex Thomas M.F.S.

"If I learned anything from the Internet, it痴 that fist can be a verb." ~ ME

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Montatez View Post
    Are you going to share the secret cdamm?
    cdamm is too busy ordering buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by neo_ezekiel View Post
    I just repaired mine with http://www.newark.com/c-k-components...me-pd-mi-alte# but sadly its just not the same feel and no click.
    Bummer, they look really close. Has anyone ever found a place to order the TSE 8S replacement switches?

I found the following link but it looks like its just for a quote.

http://www.chip1stop.com/web/USA/en/...d=KNTS-0001237

Bashful Neophyte

Also interested, one of the down switches is beyond help and the rest are pretty close to done.

I've been on this site for over 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by superfry63 View Post
    Bummer, they look really close. Has anyone ever found a place to order the TSE 8S replacement switches?

I found the following link but it looks like its just for a quote.

http://www.chip1stop.com/web/USA/en/...d=KNTS-0001237
    Yeah I tried getting a quote, I think they will only do high volume orders. I may see if they will do a simple k
    23, I remember when I was 23, I was out of prison most of that year, it was a good year. ~ Alex Thomas M.F.S.

"If I learned anything from the Internet, it痴 that fist can be a verb." ~ ME

Kuroko's Training Dummy

A chap I know bought a bunch of the TSE switches and I installed some. Whilst physically they are a very good fit, and they are nice and easy to install, they require much more pressure to activate the switch. Once you put the dpad unit back together, it's nearly impossible to actually activate any direction.

I never realised, but with the original switches, it's the spring that pushes on the outer part of the grey disc which activates the switch. On the TSE switches the spring isn't able to put enough pressure on the equivalent part of the switch to activate it easily. I always thought it was the column on the white plastic parts that pressed the switch but it isn't.

I guess if you had some stronger springs it would work.

I then took apart a switch to try and make it easier to activate, that was super fiddly and didn't really work, plus it was no more easier than taking apart and cleaning the original switches.

So then I decided to extend the columns on the white plastic parts. I added some small screws using the hole that's already in the column, now the head of the screw activates the switch.

Personally though, I wasn't a fan of the switch. I've sent the pads back to the chap for him to try out and give his opinion.

Pete

Isn't the best fix still to just clean the existing parts as long as they're not worn down beyond repair?

Thread Information