Looks like I found a fix for neo cd pads with bad switches

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
If someone has a pad with bad switches , I need a guinea pig.

We got a couple fixed already but I want one more to make sure I got it exactly right.

The deal is: cover the shipping both ways. I'll fix it for nothing. You get a proper working pad again. No strings attached .

Someone want to help a brother out?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think I got one with a flakey down switch, lemme check.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm down, but I need to find my Neo pad first. If not, I can assemble one from parts.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm down, but I need to find my Neo pad first. If not, I can assemble one from parts.

Word- gohan is sending me one that he says is beyond help. So we will see. Shoot me a pm when you find it- I got enough parts on hand for a couple more. Be happy to help you out.

Gentlegamer

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
10 Year Member
I remember seeing a thread about preventing the wearing out of the pad here a while back, but can't find it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
From what I remember, that thread was basically cleaning/lubricating the switches as preventative maintenance. This is a real fix.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
This thread?

It boils down to getting new membranes for the controllers.

Some thread necrosis - sorry. I recently purchased a pair of supposedly working pads, and of course - they both had a duff switch each.

I've done some quite extensive searching of component suppliers for TSE8S switches, but to no avail, no one has stock.

Did anyone ever find a stash of them that they are willing to sell on?

It seems such a shame to buy another pad to cannibalise for a working switch (with a questionable life span).

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
this is actual faulty hardware replacement. its not lube or cannibalizing other controllers/ hardware.

Putting this on hold for a minute while i collect the controllers being sent to me. Thanks for volunteering guys! Back soon with results.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I should have 2 if you need em.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Dont those use proprietary or hard to find micro switches? I imagine you found a suitable replacement or your opening the micro switch and refurbishing it? But ofc you dont have to disclose your trade secrets.

Glad that these can get a second chance at life again though.

Good work

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
If you're starting a repair service for these I've got one needs fixing.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Bump, whats, uh, the deal?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Let me know if you need more doners, I have one that is starting to give out

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No video, but I can confirm that mine works fine! I thought it was permanently dead since the down switch was FUBAR.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
No video, but I can confirm that mine works fine! I thought it was permanently dead since the down switch was FUBAR.

Ok. Sorry- i never go around to uploading a basic vid of the result. Stupid me never recorded a 'before' video, but here is the after. This is Gohans pad. It was flat in almost every direction. Nothing registering. no clicks.

Here it is in all it's clicky glory after:

Something you guys want done? Thinking about offering the neo cd pad service.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My pads still work great but it's good to know there's a fix out there if and when they eventually crap out.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Ok. Sorry- i never go around to uploading a basic vid of the result. Stupid me never recorded a 'before' video, but here is the after. This is Gohans pad. It was flat in almost every direction. Nothing registering. no clicks.

Here it is in all it's clicky glory after:

Something you guys want done? Thinking about offering the neo cd pad service.

Such a satisfying click noise

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's also great knowing that this pad will likely outlive me at this point. Before when I used them I always wondered how long they will last.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Still waiting to hear back, I have 3 pads Id love to have repaired. Hopefully this service is still available.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
Is this mainly going to be offered as a service or are there any plans to share what the fix/solution actually is? mainly asking for people like me who don't live in the US since shipping back and fort may get real expensive just for a few pads. Either way this is great!

superfry63

Kuroko's Training Dummy
123►Genei-Jin;4293279 said:
Is this mainly going to be offered as a service or are there any plans to share what the fix/solution actually is? mainly asking for people like me who don't live in the US since shipping back and fort may get real expensive just for a few pads. Either way this is great!

+1, Also curious - totally get it if it's being offered as a service but I'm also outside the US.

I just finished repairing a broken pad controller, wondering if there is a better way.