Looks like I found a fix for neo cd pads with bad switches

superfry63

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Suplex

n00b
Also interested, one of the down switches is beyond help and the rest are pretty close to done.

neo_ezekiel

I've been on this site for over 10 years.,

mmmonkey

Quiz Detective
A chap I know bought a bunch of the TSE switches and I installed some. Whilst physically they are a very good fit, and they are nice and easy to install, they require much more pressure to activate the switch. Once you put the dpad unit back together, it's nearly impossible to actually activate any direction.

I never realised, but with the original switches, it's the spring that pushes on the outer part of the grey disc which activates the switch. On the TSE switches the spring isn't able to put enough pressure on the equivalent part of the switch to activate it easily. I always thought it was the column on the white plastic parts that pressed the switch but it isn't.

I guess if you had some stronger springs it would work.

I then took apart a switch to try and make it easier to activate, that was super fiddly and didn't really work, plus it was no more easier than taking apart and cleaning the original switches.

So then I decided to extend the columns on the white plastic parts. I added some small screws using the hole that's already in the column, now the head of the screw activates the switch.

Personally though, I wasn't a fan of the switch. I've sent the pads back to the chap for him to try out and give his opinion.

Pete

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Isn't the best fix still to just clean the existing parts as long as they're not worn down beyond repair?