Thread: Need Alternative for Marquee Locks

Galford's Armourer

Need Alternative for Marquee Locks

I ordered replacement locks for my 4 Slot V3 cab, and the coin door locks worked all fine and nice, but I ran into trouble with the marquee locks. Now, on the other models it's just a standard cam, but on the V3 it has the kind where it's a hook that goes around a screw.

When I got the new locks, I discovered an issue. Not only were they wider than the original locks and wouldn't fit (easy fix, I know.), but the square part in the middle is too small for the original hook-style cam.

Wondering if there's someone who sells the right ones or if I just have to go to Home Depot and hope they have them?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Spoiler:
    Now, the original is on the right, the new lock from Happ on the left.

24862333_1758906920789080_6859288580103695241_n.jpg

New one has a bit of wiggle room, which is a problem.

24796307_1758906964122409_3704755128368418009_n.jpg

Original fits just nicely.

24312940_1758907027455736_4947757253376634708_n.jpg

Kuroko's Training Dummy

What's up corey! I had this problem too. But rather than look for the right cam, I squeezed in some rubber from an O-ring to keep the cam from rocking around. Then threw a washer on top of the cam to keep the rubber from popping out. Don't need fool proof security for this. Just need it to keep the marquee fastened down. Works and only cost like a buck fifty!
    Last edited by acblunden2; 12-09-2017 at 06:33 AM.

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by acblunden2 View Post
    What's up corey! I had this problem too. But rather than look for the right cam, I squeezed in some rubber from an O-ring to keep the cam from rocking around. Then threw a washer on top of the cam to keep the rubber from popping out. Don't need fool proof security for this. Just need it to keep the marquee fastened down. Works and only cost like a buck fifty!
    Not much, I ended up going to Home Depot and found one that's really close to the original lock. Hoping it fits. I'll let you know how it goes when I go to put the new locks in hopefully tomorrow.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Quote Originally Posted by coreykun667 View Post
    Not much, I ended up going to Home Depot and found one that's really close to the original lock. Hoping it fits. I'll let you know how it goes when I go to put the new locks in hopefully tomorrow.
    How did it work for you, and can you take pics of what you got? I have this exact same problem

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by coreykun667 View Post
    Also curious to hear how it went. Same issue on one of my cabs.

Galford's Armourer

I haven't gotten to it yet, but I plan on doing it tomorrow night, since I have to go out to where it's stored for a family get-together. Hope I can remember to grab them before work in the morning.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by TravistyOJ View Post
    How did it work for you, and can you take pics of what you got? I have this exact same problem
    Pics and the SKU or UPC number off the cam would be good if you got them Corey. Thanks!

Galford's Armourer

Pics and the SKU or UPC number off the cam would be good if you got them Corey. Thanks!
    25675461_1778021198877652_126648929_n.jpg

I'm glad I saved part of the packaging. I'll test them out tomorrow and see how if they're the right thickness. The square part for the hook arm fits perfectly though. Just be careful when you remove the screw though, because the entire core of the lock can drop out.

Galford's Armourer

Good news, they fit! Had to force it a little, but they fit. They were a bit of a pain in the ass to install though, since they kept wanting to come apart. They work nicely though!

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Thanks for the update brutha!

Galford's Armourer

Thanks for the update brutha!
    Not a problem! Hope that helped a bit!

Thread Information