Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy...Why doth your Customer Service suck SOOOOO much!?! (Wall O'Text Warning)

NEST Puppet

icon33.gif Best Buy...Why doth your Customer Service suck SOOOOO much!?! (Wall O'Text Warning)

Alright...I usually don't piss with getting a price match very often, despite how frugal (read cheap) I can be.

I saw today that Gran Turismo Sport LE had dropped and could get $16 back. I got it with my Gamer's Plus discount and as you will see copied many times in here, that you get it with the discount again if sold by Best Buy.

I try with the first rep...and as you can see...get no where.

Thank you for choosing Best Buy, my name is Michael. How may I assist you today?
    05-Dec 09:42 AM
    May I know your name please?
    Hi Michael, I'm J. T. I was wanting to see about a price match to your own website.
    I'm glad to help you with the price match if it is eligible.
    05-Dec 09:43 AM
    It would be for Grand Turismo Special Edition from my order <Insert Order Number Here>
    05-Dec 09:44 AM
    Could you please provide me the SKU number of the product?
    05-Dec 09:45 AM
    Thank you.
    Please give me 2 minutes while I check this for you.
    05-Dec 09:46 AM
    Thank you.
    05-Dec 09:46 AM
    Thank you for staying online. I appreciate your time and patience.
    05-Dec 09:49 AM
    Jus t to confirm you purchase it online for $55.99, am I correct?
    05-Dec 09:50 AM
    That is correct.
    Now it is $49.99.
    Plus 20% off with my Gamer's Plus
    05-Dec 09:51 AM
    Your product is eligible for price match, but a per our best buy policies we will give you allowance only for one either price difference or gamers club.
    05-Dec 09:54 AM
    Actually, directly from your page: If Best Buy lowers our price during the return and exchange period on a My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked purchase, we will, upon request, apply the 20% discount on the new lower price. For example, If a Gamers Club Unlocked member paid $47.99 for a new game priced at $59.99 and Best Buy lowers the price to $49.99 during the return and exchange period, we will, upon request, price match the new price with the 20% discount and sell the My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member the game for $39.99.
    05-Dec 09:55 AM
    Let me check that for you.
    05-Dec 09:58 AM
    I have checked all the possible ways I found that we can allow only any one of those.
    05-Dec 10:04 AM
    Here's the thing. It's right on your website, so I should get the pricematch at $39.99 as that is the price it's now showing for me with my discount.
    05-Dec 10:06 AM
    Please stay connected. I'm working on it.
    05-Dec 10:09 AM
    I found that the discount is already applied to your previous purchase so we can give you the price ifference amount with he amount you purchased.
    05-Dec 10:14 AM
    Right, it was a Gamer's Plus Discount then, but if you read what I copied above from your own website, I get the discount on the new price, so from $55.99 to $39.99
    05-Dec 10:15 AM
    So previously the product is $69.99 and you purchased it for $55.99 so the discount is applied for it, so now you will get the price match for only difference of the product with out discount.
    05-Dec 10:17 AM
    Anyone else I can talk to Michael as you obviously cannot read.
    05-Dec 10:17 AM
    I'm transferring it to our supervisor.
    05-Dec 10:22 AM
    Thank you.
    You're welcome.

So, we move on to Naresh and I can tell right away...this is going to be a similar experience. This one even tries to copy the sentences right before what I am showing them. She obviously can't read any more sentences because that might be too much work.

Thank you for choosing Best Buy, my name is Naresh. How may I assist you today?
    05-Dec 10:23 AM
    Hi, how are you doing today?
    05-Dec 10:23 AM
    Hello Naresh, I am writing in because I am trying to get a price match on a video game. I bought it with the Gamer's Plus Discount, and directly from your website it says that if price matched from your own website, I will get the discount on the new price, but could not get Michael to understand this, even after copying the exact part from the website.
    05-Dec 10:24 AM
    I completely understand and let me explain how it works.
    05-Dec 10:25 AM
    As we've already offered gamers club discount on the purchase while placing the order, we do not have any option to apply the gamers club discounts on the purchase that is already done.
    05-Dec 10:26 AM
    However, we can honor the price match difference for you.
    If Best Buy lowers our price during the return and exchange period on a My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked purchase, we will, upon request, apply the 20% discount on the new lower price. For example, If a Gamers Club Unlocked member paid $47.99 for a new game priced at $59.99 and Best Buy lowers the price to $49.99 during the return and exchange period, we will, upon request, price match the new price with the 20% discount and sell the My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member the game for $39.99. <---Right here says otherwise
    It only makes sense as I could walk in the store right now...return it and rebuy it at the price with my discount...
    05-Dec 10:27 AM
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-to...at297300050000
    05-Dec 10:28 AM
    My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member will be able to buy it for $47.99. The $47.99 price is the price we would compare for price match purposes. If a competitor sells the game for $49.99, there would not be a need for a price match as the Best Buy price is lower. If a competitor sells a game for $44.99, we would match that price and sell a My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member the game for $44.99 with no additional discount.
    05-Dec 10:29 AM
    That is if it's from a competitor...this is from your OWN website.
    05-Dec 10:29 AM
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gran-tu...?skuId=5339201 <---Right here...On sale for $49.99...minus the 20% is $39.99
    05-Dec 10:31 AM
    Let me check that for you, please allow me two quick minutes.

Obviously Naresh got lost somewhere in the woods because now I'm onto my third rep with no hint that it's even coming. This one looked SO promising for a while...then things turn to shit as usual.

05-Dec 10:31 AM
    Thank you for choosing Best Buy, my name is Carol <Last Name redacted>. How may I assist you today?
    05-Dec 10:33 AM
    Please allow me 2-3 minutes to go through the chat.
    05-Dec 10:34 AM
    Thank you, Carol. I have now talked to two of your reps who cannot understand things apparently. And sorry if I'm a bit short on this, but it's getting annoying. I am trying to price match a Video Game that I bought from you, to a price on your own website. I have quoted this directly from your own website to both: "If Best Buy lowers our price during the return and exchange period on a My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked purchase, we will, upon request, apply the 20% discount on the new lower price. For example, If a Gamers Club Unlocked member paid $47.99 for a new game priced at $59.99 and Best Buy lowers the price to $49.99 during the return and exchange period, we will, upon request, price match the new price with the 20% discount and sell the My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member the game for $39.99." And Naresh tried to quote the line above it that applies to competitors. The game is now on sale for $49.99 on your website, so I would get the discount on the new price of $39.99
    05-Dec 10:34 AM
    Alright!
    05-Dec 10:38 AM
    I understand your concern.
    05-Dec 10:38 AM
    May I know when did you bought the Gamers club membership?
    05-Dec 10:39 AM
    I renewed the membership a few months ago. Been a member for years.
    05-Dec 10:40 AM
    I really appreciate you business with us.
    05-Dec 10:40 AM
    Please allow me 2-3 minutes to check, is that okay for you?
    05-Dec 10:41 AM
    Okay
    Thank you.
    Thank you for waiting.
    05-Dec 10:44 AM
    I’d be happy to help you with that. Let’s start by quickly verifying a couple key pieces of information. Would you please provide your full name and email ID?
    05-Dec 10:44 AM
    <Insert correct info here>
    05-Dec 10:45 AM
    Thank you for the details.
    05-Dec 10:46 AM
    (740) ####### is this your phone number?
    05-Dec 10:47 AM
    Correct
    Alright!
    Could you please help me with the member ID?
    05-Dec 10:48 AM
    <Insert Member ID Number here>
    05-Dec 10:49 AM
    Thank you.
    05-Dec 10:50 AM
    I have a good news for you.
    The item is eligible for 20% discount, please go ahead an place the order. I'll be happy to help you with the difference amount.
    05-Dec 10:53 AM
    I don't need to place another order. I already have the item. I need to simply get a proper price adjustment.
    05-Dec 10:53 AM
    Yes, I'm sorry for the confusion. Just now I noticed you already purchased the item.
    05-Dec 10:54 AM
    Thank you for helping me.
    05-Dec 10:54 AM
    May I know the order number?
    05-Dec 10:55 AM
    <Insert Order Number Here>
    05-Dec 10:55 AM
    Thank you for the order number.
    05-Dec 10:56 AM
    Please allow me 2-3 minutes to proceed further, is that okay for you?
    05-Dec 10:57 AM
    That is fine.

Didn't get to copy the rest as it ended up working out...and I got my $16.94, but good lord. Over an hour just because their customer service is just so useless!

Was it worth it? Eh, probably not, but I win!

Zero's Tailor
    How much do you make per hour?

Astra Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by benjammin1701 View Post
    Lol pretty much this.

Also - companies don't make money by giving you refunds

NEST Puppet
    A bit more than what this was worth, but it's a day off.

I usually don't mess with it because of crap like this, which is why I'm sure they make it as hard as possible. They probably evaluate the lower ones based on how many people they get to give up or go for lesser refunds.

Zero's Tailor
    I get that it's the principle of the matter...just seems like a crappy way to spend your day off.

Dogg-Father
    douche gonna douche...
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

I get that it's the principle of the matter...just seems like a crappy way to spend your day off.
    LOL.....................

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff. HDRchampion's Avatar
    I bought a new OLED with a free 55"4k from Best Buy. Tried to cancel the order but they wouldn't let me, so i ended up returning it to the store sealed. I had 4 customer service hound me asking me what's wrong with it & i kept telling them, nothing is wrong with it. I haven't even opened it. I made the returned & notice they haven't refunded me yet. It turns out they refunded it to someone else account.

I had to go back to the store as customer service on the phone wouldn't help me. After an hour of bullshitting they told me they will just contact me back, as they need a supervisor to do the refund. Took them like 6 weeks to finally refund my money.

The free 55" 4k arrived & that was another problem. i had to return it back or else i get charged for it, i ended up going to a different store & yup they fucked that up too.

They cant all suck, i wonder if they are told to do this shit to discourage returns. I've had too many bad experiences with Best Lies but for some reason i keep shopping with them when there is a good deal.

NEST Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by HDRchampion View Post
    I bought a new OLED with a free 55"4k from Best Buy. Tried to cancel the order but they wouldn't let me, so i ended up returning it to the store sealed. I had 4 customer service hound me asking me what's wrong with it & i kept telling them, nothing is wrong with it. I haven't even opened it. I made the returned & notice they haven't refunded me yet. It turns out they refunded it to someone else account.

I had to go back to the store as customer service on the phone wouldn't help me. After an hour of bullshitting they told me they will just contact me back, as they need a supervisor to do the refund. Took them like 6 weeks to finally refund my money.

The free 55" 4k arrived & that was another problem. i had to return it back or else i get charged for it, i ended up going to a different store & yup they fucked that up too.

They cant all suck, i wonder if they are told to do this shit to discourage returns. I've had too many bad experiences with Best Lies but for some reason i keep shopping with them when there is a good deal.
    Honestly my local store is always good. I've had no problems with returns or price matching. Only time I usually run into issues is when it's online. Unfortunately when you order online, even if you pick up in store, you have to go through Best Buy's customer service via phone or chat. That is when it becomes deep with stupidity.

赤裸裸的汽車人
    I just buy everything on the secondary market for cash. Don't have any of these problems.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Could you purchase another game and then return that game with your old receipt?

Quote Originally Posted by egg_sanwich View Post
    Lol pretty much this.

Also - companies don't make money by giving you refunds
    But they do make money by keeping a customer "for years". Don't give them a reason to switch.
    Last edited by ForeverSublime; 12-05-2017 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    I have to question your modus operandi, as you make statements about personal edification but choose to serve others in rather menial jobs. What would be to stop you from building the education to work a market to your advantage and provide your family with some kind of security? You're a pretty well read man. Don't tell me that you would rather work for small change and read spy novels than live the lives you read about. There's a time to move from fantasy into real life.
    Motivation.

Yamazaki's Pupil
    That's a lot of effort for $16
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

NEST Puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by ggallegos1 View Post
    Yeah, figured at first it might go a bit smoother. Then quickly realized what I was dealing with. After that, it was just a matter of principle. I think next time I'll just phone it. Would move along a lot quicker.

I didn't pay attention to the chat the entire time, though. I multi-tasked, so wasn't entirely wasted time.

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!
    I always thought only in Colombia the support representatives were so useless. Now I've learned a bit more about how the world works.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    I always thought only in Colombia the support representatives were so useless. Now I've learned a bit more about how the world works.
    Everywhere.

Now featuring Aussie Tunes!

Bullets QB

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Everywhere.
    I like to underline this. Simply put, my time is more valuable than getting trapped within the cogs of a modern red tape, which approves only one single mantra: Eventually... Tuttle must become Buttle.

赤裸裸的汽車人
    Quote Originally Posted by ggallegos1 View Post
    Some people get bored and just do something random. Like yesterday I was bored and decided to identify the model of a stick of RAM used in a stock photo of a news article.

In search of monsters to destroy
    I didn't realize people actually bought anything at Best Buy anymore. I thought it was just for window shopping your online purchases.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    I didn't realize people actually bought anything at Best Buy anymore. I thought it was just for window shopping your online purchases.
    If you have a store close by, the convenience is they price match Amazon. I've found plenty of things for less without the price match, and not even including the rewards programs.

Not all of their products are available to ship, which leads me elsewhere for those purchases.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    I have to question your modus operandi, as you make statements about personal edification but choose to serve others in rather menial jobs. What would be to stop you from building the education to work a market to your advantage and provide your family with some kind of security? You're a pretty well read man. Don't tell me that you would rather work for small change and read spy novels than live the lives you read about. There's a time to move from fantasy into real life.
    Motivation.

Not Average Joe.
    Not Average Homeowner.
    Not Average At All.
    Good old Best Buy.

They are a very interesting model of business, that I find many other companies are rushing to emulate.

Years ago, they were the tops in what they did.

When they would be ready to open a new store, they would have people go around and find employees at other places who were giving great customer service and knew their product. The company hired up all these people, and to get someone away from a job they like, it took paying them decent.

With staff that knew their shit and liked what they did, the company started drawing in the public. Great tactic, to get that rep built up. Then after the stores had been there a while, it was time to cut out all these people who were making decent money, and hire in new people for cheap, who don't know their shit, or like the job. Saved money and took a while for the public to catch on, before they lost their good rep. Now it's just a shit show and everyone knows it and the company is going down hill.

It is amazing how many other companies are pulling the same shit. Got to get rid of these guys making too much to bring our operating costs down. Oh.. shit we don't have any experienced, or knowledgeable people anymore, and we can't get decent staff for the shit wages we are offering for the bull shit job, and we can't understand why the customers aren't spending money here.

Fuck Best Buy, this is the way they wanted it so this is how they are getting it. I can't wait for the day they close up shop for good.

Zero's Tailor
    Quote Originally Posted by FAT$TACKS View Post

Fuck Best Buy, this is the way they wanted it so this is how they are getting it. I can't wait for the day they close up shop for good.
    Have to agree, but on a larger scale. Seems *most* large corporations want to cut costs to the point of slave wages. Who the hell do they expect to buy their products, then?

NEST Puppet
    Good old Best Buy.

They are a very interesting model of business, that I find many other companies are rushing to emulate.

When they would be ready to open a new store, they would have people go around and find employees at other places who were giving great customer service and knew their product. The company hired up all these people, and to get someone away from a job they like, it took paying them decent.

With staff that knew their shit and liked what they did, the company started drawing in the public. Great tactic, to get that rep built up. Then after the stores had been there a while, it was time to cut out all these people who were making decent money, and hire in new people for cheap, who don't know their shit, or like the job. Saved money and took a while for the public to catch on, before they lost their good rep. Now it's just a shit show and everyone knows it and the company is going down hill.

It is amazing how many other companies are pulling the same shit. Got to get rid of these guys making too much to bring our operating costs down. Oh.. shit we don't have any experienced, or knowledgeable people anymore, and we can't get decent staff for the shit wages we are offering for the bull shit job, and we can't understand why the customers aren't spending money here.

Only thing I usually go to Best Buy for is games because of the 20% discount, but obviously their online reps don't know their own policies. (Or trying to avoid giving the real discount.)

And yeah, I had actually applied to work on their Geek Squad back when I made shit for money as a Paramedic. (Talking I could have made more as a cashier at Aldi's in my area.) I never even got a glance, despite having a degree in computer science.

赤裸裸的汽車人
    I only buy movies there. They don't have anything else that is good.

Art of Typing Wiz

Good old Best Buy.

It's a shame Circut City closed down. I used to like shopping there.

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    It's a shame Circut City closed down. I used to like shopping there.
    Service Merchandise was the best

Thread Information