Mega Man 11

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Cant say that i'm liking what im seeing so far. Still not a fan of the art style/graphics and also didn't like the music.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I don't understand why these 3D versions of Mega Man can't have a run animation that feels like it's not sliding. The original classics didn't feel like that, but these new 3D versions do. I was playing through Powered Up lately and it's the same....why can't they at least get that right?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
This looks all right, but I prefer the 2-D look of Mega Man 8.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm still pretty stoked. Looks waaaaay better than Mighty Shmuck 9.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I can understand the hate, but Mighty No 9 was a solid game from a gameplay prospective. My main grip was that the stage visual designs were either hit or miss (with more miss cases). I wish it would get a sequel that fixes that, while improving the graphics and adding a bit more enemy variety, but there seems no chance of seeing that at this point.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If you didn't follow all the drama, then Might No. 9 was fine. Not great, but decent enough. I didn't fund it, but bought it when it came out.

I understand why backers were upset though. They didn't get what they were promised.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
If you didn't follow all the drama, then Might No. 9 was fine. Not great, but decent enough. I didn't fund it, but bought it when it came out.

I understand why backers were upset though. They didn't get what they were promised.
Instead of what they promised we got a mon chi chi with poor graphics. Infaking also had pretty much nothing do with developing the game. He just showed up now and then to play new builds for an hour and give feedback. He did not even care about the game. It was garbage and I wish I never backed it.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I booked the 2nd and 3rd of October off.

I'm excited, like going to TrU as a kid excited.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Instead of what they promised we got a mon chi chi with poor graphics. Infaking also had pretty much nothing fo fo with developing the game. He just showed up now and then to play new builds for an hour and give feedback. He did not even care about the game. It was garbage and I wish I never backed it.

Remember that Inafune wanted to turn Mighty No.9 into a media franchise. :keke:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Remember that Inafune wanted to turn Mighty No.9 into a media franchise. :keke:
Yeah and now Comcept plans on making cell phone games lol.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Actually, it's up right now. Just gave it a go; the game's brilliant!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
This is not my cup of tea. I'm shocked at how much I dislike this. I mean even the ladder climbing is clunky.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Looks like shit. Probably is fun to play. Just came in here to say that I don't understand why any of it is in 3D, it looks extremely awkward. Oh and the music is nauseating. "Hey, catchy tunes. can we run all of this through an overdone filter of some kind...? Great!"

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
So played the demo. And actually pictures don't do it justice. It looks so much better in person. The animation still has the hand drawn feel to it. The way MM runs, jumps, climbs ladders, shoots all feels really good and true to the roots. The double gear system is pretty fun and so far seems to have a good level of challenge. I'm stoked for the full release and I think plenty of folks are going to be pleasantly surprised!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Yep, I'm right with you, Guts! The challenge is pretty even, and the controls are tight. MM11 is pretty damned swe~~et!

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Yep, I'm right with you, Guts! The challenge is pretty even, and the controls are tight. MM11 is pretty damned swe~~et!

See this is why Ren rules.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Would you say the 3D works for this game, rather than the more chibi style they chose for Powered Up?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
See this is why Ren rules.

Mega Man bros. know what's up ;)

Would you say the 3D works for this game, rather than the more chibi style they chose for Powered Up?

It does, and the way 3D is implemented here doesn't clash with the hand drawn backgrounds. The whole package is very polished. I forgot to mention that the option is there to set the voice-overs to Japanese, so Mega Man sounds proper.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I forgot to mention that the option is there to set the voice-overs to Japanese, so Mega Man sounds proper.

A few hours ago I watched a vid of this and the only thing that stuck out to me was Mega Man's western voice. Sounded too old.

This is really something special that one of the Great Old Japanese Video Game Series still lives on. I'll never play it but MEGA MAN is still around and that's good enough for me.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The boss doors act weird. Instead of getting sucked into the room when you jump into the gate it drops you down and forces you to walk in.