Mega Man 11

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Graphics look kind of rough for a 2.5D game.Still this announcement was unexpected i thought as a series,mega man was dead.I just hope the final product turns out good.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
First 4 bosses come with the game, the rest and Dr Wily's castle are DLC. I mean, it will be on disc/card, but it will be day one DLC.

I know I'm old and not even close to being up to date on current consoles but... you're paying $60 for the game and then have to pay more to get the rest of the game?

Guess I'll stick with all the earlier stuff...

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Looks interesting. Personally I prefer the old 2D style (like many other ppl around here), but if they improve the 2.5D graphics a bit the game could be quite good. (Personally I also liked the Saturn MM8 for the variety of having non-standard-sized evil robots).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Right? They have the MM 9 / 10 engine and tons of character sprites. Why throw that away for something that looks so cheap?

mate i dunno how to break it to ya but mm9 and 10 already looked cheap ten years ago.

edit: well i haven't really played next gen games since Wii but i don't have a problem with the graphics. again. it's 2017, and it's capcom, anyone holding out for games looking like MVC is in delusion...like a 20 year delusion.

i never had a PSP but man this past year i've thought, 'i'd like to play mega man powered up/X on PSP'. how was it you guys? clearly it didn't do well enough since other games weren't made but hey. i'd still take it.

my point is the graphics really remind me of the trailers/gameplay i saw of those PSP MM games. AND i absolutely agree with REnmauzo...I have often thought the same. Remember the early 2000s when MMX5 and X6 got trashed for being subpar and released too closely to each other? Hell, what us guys who like quality 2D platformers would take nowadays.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
mate i dunno how to break it to ya but mm9 and 10 already looked cheap ten years ago.

edit: well i haven't really played next gen games since Wii but i don't have a problem with the graphics. again. it's 2017, and it's capcom, anyone holding out for games looking like MVC is in delusion...like a 20 year delusion.

i never had a PSP but man this past year i've thought, 'i'd like to play mega man powered up/X on PSP'. how was it you guys? clearly it didn't do well enough since other games weren't made but hey. i'd still take it.

my point is the graphics really remind me of the trailers/gameplay i saw of those PSP MM games. AND i absolutely agree with REnmauzo...I have often thought the same. Remember the early 2000s when MMX5 and X6 got trashed for being subpar and released too closely to each other? Hell, what us guys who like quality 2D platformers would take nowadays.

Powered up looks really cute with the chibi style and is quite colorful, adds 2 new robot masters in Time Man and Oil Man to round the cast to 8, and has a ton of replay value in that, you can 'save' the robot masters and then use them for a full run through of the game using their unique powers; getting to play the game as Fire Man or Ice Man is so cool! To add even more value to the proposition, Capcom added a level editor so that you could make your own stages, so again, the replay value gets another huge boost. This game is a must own for PSP users.

As for Maverick Hunter X, the 2.5D here looks a little rudimentary and there is a loss in the fluidity of X's movement; X's actions just don't feel as crisp and the hit boxes are a little off. WIth that out of the way though, the levels are remixed to freshen up the experience, there is all new artwork for the bosses, voice work and story elements were added to give depth to the original cast of Mavericks, and there is a fully animated "Day of Sigma' OVA on disc that rounds out the story which is, in short, incredible; it's exactly what you would want in an animated show for MMX by a high profile studio. Just as with Powered Up, once beaten, the game allows you to play as Vile - a feature that had me grinning from ear to ear back in the day - whose abilities you can upgrade and modify on the fly to suit the level and enemies you face. His playthrough portrays the events that happen in MMX from his POV, and the battle in the end game is fantastic and unique for a MM game. Despite the flaws, this is another must own for PSP users.

You can always download a PSP emulator and the ROMS for each game within a few minutes and give them a go, but they do look and feel great on either original hardware or downloaded on the Vita. i hope you give these two games a try LoneSage, they are certainly worth your time :)

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
cheers ren for writing all that, love you bro. i will try them one day for sure.

it's crazy,when i was a kid i didn't play mega man. wasn't until the mega man anniversary collection i played them all, and damn i loved them.

this series encapsulates what it means to be a platformer. even mega man 5 and 6 i can stomach. fun games, all of them, even when they're ripping off guns r oses.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

This looks cheap to you? Looks like an NES game to me.

mega-man-10.jpg

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I'm curious to see if this can bring in some new fans and keep this series going - that would be awesome. I'd love a new megaman game every few years. Well, so long as it's good.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I know I'm old and not even close to being up to date on current consoles but... you're paying $60 for the game and then have to pay more to get the rest of the game?

This concept is the only thing [sarcasm]ground breaking[/sarcasm] about video games today.
BB
BB

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
These kinds of game announcements annoy me.

-New game announced-

-looks good don't it?-

-Too bad, release date is exactly one year from today-

Why even bother announcing it so early. What fun is there anticipating a game for the next YEAR? Wake me up when it's set to be released in a couple of months at most.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
These kinds of game announcements annoy me.

-New game announced-

-looks good don't it?-

-Too bad, release date is exactly one year from today-

Why even bother announcing it so early. What fun is there anticipating a game for the next YEAR? Wake me up when it's set to be released in a couple of months at most.

So you can collect the preorders to get the money to finish the game. Isn't that how the videogame industry works these days?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
So you can collect the preorders to get the money to finish the game. Isn't that how the videogame industry works these days?

Entertainment announcements are also a form a stock manipulation. This is why Marvel revealed their release schedule all in one moneyshot.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
A Rockman and Forte look would have looked not as cheap.

Loved that game. Really hard and could never beat it. The fact there were no energy tanks (at all) made it really difficult.

I'm only missing one CD from the database, Groundman, on my cart that I bought in 1998, which I still have. I highly doubt I'll ever get it

Jon

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Looks great, aside from walking animation, but that's no big deal.

Hell, what us guys who like quality 2D platformers would take nowadays.

Shovel Knight, Cuphead.

Loved Powered Up way more than the original, but no where as much as MM2 / MM3. These didn't need remakes, so I wasn't hoping for follow ups for Powered Up.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Is it just me or does Mega Man have Goku's voice?

Kinda excited, but yeah the graphics are so-so. Does this mean once Koji Igarashi's new Castlevaniaesque game hits the discount bins I can hope for a budget Castlevania title to be announced?

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Loved Powered Up way more than the original, but no where as much as MM2 / MM3.

I'm a fan of the original, which is why I never tried Powered Up. Did you dislike the original? Does Powered Up change a lot?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm a fan of the original, which is why I never tried Powered Up. Did you dislike the original? Does Powered Up change a lot?

Wouldn't say "dislike" but I feel the sequels raised the easthetics bar, and improved upon the gameplay design. MM1 bosses are still my favourite though.

Powered Up is an improved graphical overhaul for the most part, but also makes welcome changes to the stage layouts, adds 2 good stages / bosses and wide screen display. My only complaints are that the camera feels a bit too zoomed in, and that Bomb Man stage looks worse now (was one of my favourites in the original). Plus the fact that it remains exclusive to a handheld system. I hope it receives a console / PC port.

Last edited:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer

I remember this image being leaked a few months back and people were wondering just what the hell it was for, whether it was a scrapped idea for the online game or if it was for a new game. Now we know, and I personally love the idea of his outfit changing instead of just being a palette swap.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If it is on disc, I'll buy it.

If it isn't, I wait 10 years (like with MM 9/10) for a non-download to show up.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

This also strikes me as problematic.

I'm not liking where this is trending. It's not gonna be Mighty No. 9, but I don't have a great feeling on this.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Powered Up is an improved graphical overhaul for the most part, but also makes welcome changes to the stage layouts, adds 2 good stages / bosses and wide screen display.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Extra stages especially make it seem worthwhile. I'm curious how the wide screen ratio affects some of those layouts.