I have made a LED mini marquee system and want to share.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Is anyone thinking about ordering kits in the future ?

If I order these new pre built panels I have to buy twice as many as in the past so it's quite the investment for me and as you can imagine I do not want to get stuck with custom parts they will never sell.

Ir0n

n00b
I'm in the middle of converting a 1 slot into a 4 slot so at some point in the near future I'll be ordering a kit..

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
So I made a decision and I am just going to stick with the original panels and not got for the pre made versions as they would not make the small number I could afford. Today I ordered all the parts to make anther 120 led panels so business are usual.

I also made a new video showing the current revision of the kits and the new credit boards.

https://youtu.be/YB8UWiKheBM

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I tried the kit panels on my NEO29 and the panel is too large. I think he willing to look into a Candy option if you send him dimensions. I never got around to it myself.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Hey, leejsmith; would this work on a Neo 29 candy cabinet? :confused:

I do not know as I have never seen one, if you are willing to take it apart and measure all the things I can make up a 3d model of the marquee section and see what I can do to make a panel that fits.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
I tried the kit panels on my NEO29 and the panel is too large. I think he willing to look into a Candy option if you send him dimensions. I never got around to it myself.

Hi, do you remember what part was too large ?

eclypse

Banned
I checked your site and theres no info on how to reach you so I'm going to have to ask questions here.. hoping you see it.

Anyways I have a 6 slot board. No cab. I might make some custom cab for it or atleast a lighted marquee display for above the desk.

Can I buy a set of LEDs for the 6 slot and also everything else I'd need like the controller board and cables?

Or do I need the original boards and stuff?

Also does your leds come with the thin plastic film that holds the mini marquees in place?

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
I checked your site and theres no info on how to reach you so I'm going to have to ask questions here.. hoping you see it.

Anyways I have a 6 slot board. No cab. I might make some custom cab for it or atleast a lighted marquee display for above the desk.

Can I buy a set of LEDs for the 6 slot and also everything else I'd need like the controller board and cables?

Or do I need the original boards and stuff?

Also does your leds come with the thin plastic film that holds the mini marquees in place?

HI, my kits would contain 6 x led panels, a controller that talks to the neo geo and select the coorect led based on what game is picked and the cable to connect the two together. The led panels have a holder on the front to slide in the mini marquee so you do not need the plastic mini marquee holder.

I removed the email as it was just bombarded with spam, Stupid me chose a .info url and it does not automaticcaly hide your personal details when you register so I had a week of hundreds of phone calls a day and thousands of emails from people trying to sell me hosting, logo's and all sorts of web stuff. !!!

eclypse

Banned
HI, my kits would contain 6 x led panels, a controller that talks to the neo geo and select the coorect led based on what game is picked and the cable to connect the two together. The led panels have a holder on the front to slide in the mini marquee so you do not need the plastic mini marquee holder.

I removed the email as it was just bombarded with spam, Stupid me chose a .info url and it does not automaticcaly hide your personal details when you register so I had a week of hundreds of phone calls a day and thousands of emails from people trying to sell me hosting, logo's and all sorts of web stuff. !!!

:) Ok so I wont need to buy any original parts then correct? Just make some wood board to mount it to then and an original 6 slot marquee or repo would be nice hehe.

Alright.. so is this kit in stock now or do i need to pre order?

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
:) Ok so I wont need to buy any original parts then correct? Just make some wood board to mount it to then and an original 6 slot marquee or repo would be nice hehe.

Alright.. so is this kit in stock now or do i need to pre order?

the led kits and credit board kits are in stock. The only thing I am still working on are the card reader boards and NVRAM modules.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Any idea or ballpark for the price of the memory board and card?

Sorry not at the moment. You would only need one of them. The card reader is if you want to take a save game from your MVS to a AES. The NVRAM is just to save on your MVS only.

eclypse

Banned
6 slot led kit and mv-1c board and cables ordered!

Wow! I feel super lucky!

Thank you for making these hard to find must own items!!!

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Hi, Thanks, have you checked that 0.5m is long enough to go from your MVS to the correct place for the card reader ? I setup shorter leads for people who might want to use out of a cab.

eclypse

Banned
Hi, Thanks, have you checked that 0.5m is long enough to go from your MVS to the correct place for the card reader ? I setup shorter leads for people who might want to use out of a cab.

It's going in a consolized 6 slot board. Short is what I needed. And later on I'm going to make a custom structure to house the led panel to hang on the wall. :)

Thanks for checking though!

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
It's going in a consolized 6 slot board. Short is what I needed. And later on I'm going to make a custom structure to house the led panel to hang on the wall. :)

Thanks for checking though!

Ok, so can i make any leads to size that would help you out ? how long would you want the data lead to go from the MVS to the led box and what exact length for the card reader board ?

eclypse

Banned
Ok, so can i make any leads to size that would help you out ? how long would you want the data lead to go from the MVS to the led box and what exact length for the card reader board ?

Oh well I'm not exactly sure atm. The length provided will be fine I'm sure.. dont need to be tight.

For the led panels.. im far off from figuring out exactly what im going to do. I can just add more length later on to the cables.. guessing 6 feet atleast though.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Oh well I'm not exactly sure atm. The length provided will be fine I'm sure.. dont need to be tight.

For the led panels.. im far off from figuring out exactly what im going to do. I can just add more length later on to the cables.. guessing 6 feet atleast though.

I always make the led data lead 2m so that should be find, How will you place the card reader perhaps I could put mine in the same position and make the leads to match.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
BTW, I have a few more bits in testing and on the way. Direct plugin NVRAM options and direct plugin PCMCIA board for console conversions without the ribbon leads. The NVRAM is looking good and I will be ordering test PCMCIA boards soon.

eclypse

Banned
I seen on facebook you mentioned I got tracking sent to me yesterday and I've looked everywhere and I dont see it. Cant find that post on facebook so asking here heh.

ORDER #716

Thanks!

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
I seen on facebook you mentioned I got tracking sent to me yesterday and I've looked everywhere and I dont see it. Cant find that post on facebook so asking here heh.

ORDER #716

Thanks!

I just replied to the original shop order with the tracking no, the first time was via paypal from the purchase.

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
@leejsmith, I found a little bug with the 4-slot Big Red kit. Not sure if this known or not or affects other kits, but with the controller board orientated so the brightness pot is to the right and harness side is to the left, turning up the pot all the way clockwise renders the kit non-functional. At boot-up, the kit will cycle through panels 1-to-4, then just goes dark. The fix, simple. Just turn the brightness pot to the halfway mark which is plenty bright for dim light conditions. (I had turned up the pot all the way during installation and testing during the daytime hence I encountered the bug). My buddy had the same issue and was fixed accordingly.

Also, I got the Big Red 4-slot LED kit working on a MVS-U4/29 without any destructive/irreversible mods to the cab or to your kit. The only part of the cab that has to be removed and set aside is the mini marquee holder which I have affixed to the marquee compartment so it never gets displaced from the cab. Fabbed my own ELA cable with JST NH 8-position connectors to make it work. Wired it up to +5vdc off the PSU. I am really loving your production on the MVS-U4. I know it is not OG, but something cool about the mini-marquees cycling through on a candy cab. Thank you sir!

1624334617193.png

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
@leejsmith, I found a little bug with the 4-slot Big Red kit. Not sure if this known or not or affects other kits, but with the controller board orientated so the brightness pot is to the right and harness side is to the left, turning up the pot all the way clockwise renders the kit non-functional. At boot-up, the kit will cycle through panels 1-to-4, then just goes dark. The fix, simple. Just turn the brightness pot to the halfway mark which is plenty bright for dim light conditions. (I had turned up the pot all the way during installation and testing during the daytime hence I encountered the bug). My buddy had the same issue and was fixed accordingly.

Also, I got the Big Red 4-slot LED kit working on a MVS-U4/29 without any destructive/irreversible mods to the cab or to your kit. The only part of the cab that has to be removed and set aside is the mini marquee holder which I have affixed to the marquee compartment so it never gets displaced from the cab. Fabbed my own ELA cable with JST NH 8-position connectors to make it work. Wired it up to +5vdc off the PSU. I am really loving your production on the MVS-U4. I know it is not OG, but something cool about the mini-marquees cycling through on a candy cab. Thank you sir!

View attachment 50497

HI, I am working on a panel with no screw mounts and as small as possible for things like this that you can tape to fix, a few people have tested for me so I think it will be ok.
As for the brightness control when it first turns on it shows the test at a set level of 50% and it does not use the brightness control, looking at the board from the front with the ELA cable on the left and brightness control to the right if you turn the pot all the way clockwise it will set a level of 0 or off and turn it anticlockwise it will set a level of 100% so what you have said is not a bug and just how it is supposed to work.