Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I have made a LED mini marquee system and want to share.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlo9 View Post
    This is SWEET! Great work! I'd be interested in a 6 slot set.
    Would that be for the same type of cabinet as in the video?
    Games in my MVS: Samurai Shodown II | Puzzle Bobble | Magical Drop III | Metal Slug X | Windjammers | neosd

Kuroko's Training Dummy

These are the pcb for the leds inside each panel. I should have them next week and then the light guide plastics a few days later.

W57192AXK1-1.jpg

Crossed Swords Squire

Thanks for sharing. Awesome work.

Crossed Swords Squire

Im interested in a 4 slot set

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Salvio007 View Post
    Im interested in a 4 slot set
    I will get in touch with everyone who has shown interest in January. I will have all the parts by then so can work out costs and shipping.

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Good stuff. Insterested in a 4 slot (w/ speakers) set

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Very cool. I'd also be interested in a 4 slot.

I have two 2 slot Gold cabs that could use new panels - not sure if their setup is the same as a 2 slot Red cabinet or not. Would your 2 slot setup work with them do you know?
    You never forget your first Neo...

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by TMOSteel View Post
    I have two 2 slot Gold cabs that could use new panels - not sure if their setup is the same as a 2 slot Red cabinet or not. Would your 2 slot setup work with them do you know?
    HI, can you post a picture of the area that the mini marquee sit.I am sure we could give it a try.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

So I made up a set of panels now I have the parts, They are looking so good, I am super happy with them.

https://youtu.be/ewOw7xD0CCM

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by leejsmith View Post
    HI, can you post a picture of the area that the mini marquee sit.I am sure we could give it a try.
    IM002696.jpg

I saved this pic researching goldie neo geo cabs. Thought id share because im interested as well. Good work, i'm happy to hear of a great option available.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by gallo View Post
    IM002696.jpg

I saved this pic researching goldie neo geo cabs. Thought id share because im interested as well. Good work, i'm happy to hear of a great option available.
    it's the front I need to see, the part with the el panels, I can see them in this picture, that's the el control board in the middle.

Bashful Neophyte

Sorry about that, it's all I had.

Here's a video of TNT with one. He shows the el panel display around 6:30.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by gallo View Post
    Sorry about that, it's all I had.

Here's a video of TNT with one. He shows the el panel display around 6:30.

That one will just have a big gap instead of the EL panels so will just need a new backing board and it will work no trouble.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Photo 28-12-2017 12 25 47.jpg
    Photo 28-12-2017 12 25 55.jpg

So this is the latest version of the control board and a set of the new panels. I have enough parts to make up 100 panels and 25 control boards. I am sending this kit to a friend who is going to record the install into a 4 slot cabinet that does not have the speakers in the top so is not a big red. He will show the mods needed to fit this behind the front marquee, but the test panel I sent to him just fit.I am also sending a kit to a big red cabinet so as soon as these are working I can then look at taking order's.

Меня зовут радуга вспомогательный bloodhokuto's Avatar

Photo 28-12-2017 12 25 47.jpg
    Photo 28-12-2017 12 25 55.jpg

So this is the latest version of the control board and a set of the new panels. I have enough parts to make up 100 panels and 25 control boards. I am sending this kit to a friend who is going to record the install into a 4 slot cabinet that does not have the speakers in the top so is not a big red. He will show the mods needed to fit this behind the front marquee, but the test panel I sent to him just fit.I am also sending a kit to a big red cabinet so as soon as these are working I can then look at taking order's.
    Hi, this looks great.

For a while I have been looking to make a stand alone 4 slot Marquee - think of it as just as large picture frame. So this might be nearer to what I want, although I will not need the pcb - the idea being to have all the panels on low illumination.

Is it possible to bypass the pcb and just plumb in a power supply direct to these panels?

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhokuto View Post
    Hi, this looks great.

For a while I have been looking to make a stand alone 4 slot Marquee - think of it as just as large picture frame. So this might be nearer to what I want, although I will not need the pcb - the idea being to have all the panels on low illumination.

Is it possible to bypass the pcb and just plumb in a power supply direct to these panels?
    Yes it just needs power between 8.5 and 12v, but I would say 8.5 and 9v is best and would also keep the leds cool. You could do the same thing with 12v led strip and some diffuser in front for a lot less.

Bashful Neophyte

Very interested in a tall-boy 4-slot version!

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by IGDetail View Post
    Very interested in a tall-boy 4-slot version!
    can you post a picture of your cab ?

Bashful Neophyte

This is the day I brought it home (12/23/17)...

file-34.jpeg

I'm just now starting the restoration process. Two of the lights work but they're very dim (on the way out).

Can't even access my own photo yet so here's a Flickr link: https://flic.kr/p/DvkRZD (sorry if that's against the site rules, I'll go read them now).
    Last edited by IGDetail; 01-03-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

If you could take some pictures with the front marquee cover up and also measure how much space is behind it with the el panels removed it would be a big help. I did have someone do this and he said there was 10mm between the front cover and the backing wood so it would be good to confirm this. I am sure this style of cab will have no trouble it just comes down to does it need the panels with the marquee holder or is there enough space for my panel and the original plastic marquee holder.

Bashful Neophyte

If you could take some pictures with the front marquee cover up and also measure how much space is behind it with the el panels removed it would be a big help. I did have someone do this and he said there was 10mm between the front cover and the backing wood so it would be good to confirm this. I am sure this style of cab will have no trouble it just comes down to does it need the panels with the marquee holder or is there enough space for my panel and the original plastic marquee holder.
    I'll get to this over the weekend. I was thinking about cutting out a completely new backing wood in order to screw the new panels down and I could modify the thickness of that board.... however, I will measure the current setup.

Personally, I like the option of new marquee holders that are part of the LED system. It seems like a cleaner solution.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by IGDetail View Post
    I'll get to this over the weekend. I was thinking about cutting out a completely new backing wood in order to screw the new panels down and I could modify the thickness of that board.... however, I will measure the current setup.

Personally, I like the option of new marquee holders that are part of the LED system. It seems like a cleaner solution.
    if the space is 10mm I was just thinking they will be set back to far from the front so the old plastic holder would work better, but having to much space is a nice problem to have

Bashful Neophyte

if the space is 10mm I was just thinking they will be set back to far from the front so the old plastic holder would work better, but having to much space is a nice problem to have
    I was going to type this all out but thought it would be confusing:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/669688...posted-public/

Thread Information