Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 176 to 198 of 198

Thread: I have made a LED mini marquee system and want to share.

  1. #176
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    Is anyone thinking about ordering kits in the future ?

    If I order these new pre built panels I have to buy twice as many as in the past so it's quite the investment for me and as you can imagine I do not want to get stuck with custom parts they will never sell.

  2. #177
    New Challenger
    Ir0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    hyperbolic time chamber

    Posts
    26
    I'm in the middle of converting a 1 slot into a 4 slot so at some point in the near future I'll be ordering a kit..

  3. #178
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    So I made a decision and I am just going to stick with the original panels and not got for the pre made versions as they would not make the small number I could afford. Today I ordered all the parts to make anther 120 led panels so business are usual.

    I also made a new video showing the current revision of the kits and the new credit boards.

    https://youtu.be/YB8UWiKheBM

  4. #179
    Kula's Candy
    SuperMegaUltra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Texas [The Lone Star State]

    Posts
    294
    Hey, leejsmith; would this work on a Neo 29 candy cabinet?


    Spoiler:
    • 16-bit
    • Adderall
    • adiy009
    • alberto1225
    • alec
    • Battlesmurf
    • Bibliophile
    • BIG BEAR
    • bloodfire3
    • ChainBlock
    • chris1
    • city41
    • ckchan
    • Clessy
    • Detroit44
    • Dinodoedoe
    • dubdubdub
    • eggbert52
    • FairlanePhantom
    • Fox1
    • gargoyle7
    • jimc787
    • Johnny
    • Kiske
    • kitkit.com
    • Kpj
    • lordofdingo
    • msu89dawgs
    • NeoTurfMasta
    • Nerdy
    • pixeljunkie
    • rimm_rs
    • rvls
    • severinsteel
    • shadowkn55
    • Shawn
    • Testocules
    • VICE ACADEMY 88
    • voltronbadass
    • wyo_vr4
    • Xian Xi
    • yaton6262
    • Yoshi
    • zorro

  5. #180
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    NEgO MANIAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan

    Posts
    781
    I tried the kit panels on my NEO29 and the panel is too large. I think he willing to look into a Candy option if you send him dimensions. I never got around to it myself.

  6. #181
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMegaUltra View Post
    Hey, leejsmith; would this work on a Neo 29 candy cabinet?
    I do not know as I have never seen one, if you are willing to take it apart and measure all the things I can make up a 3d model of the marquee section and see what I can do to make a panel that fits.

  7. #182
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by NEgO MANIAC View Post
    I tried the kit panels on my NEO29 and the panel is too large. I think he willing to look into a Candy option if you send him dimensions. I never got around to it myself.
    Hi, do you remember what part was too large ?

  8. #183
    Camel Slug
    eclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GO TIGERS!!! Macomb MI

    Posts
    674
    I checked your site and theres no info on how to reach you so I'm going to have to ask questions here.. hoping you see it.

    Anyways I have a 6 slot board. No cab. I might make some custom cab for it or atleast a lighted marquee display for above the desk.

    Can I buy a set of LEDs for the 6 slot and also everything else I'd need like the controller board and cables?

    Or do I need the original boards and stuff?

    Also does your leds come with the thin plastic film that holds the mini marquees in place?

  9. #184
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
    I checked your site and theres no info on how to reach you so I'm going to have to ask questions here.. hoping you see it.

    Anyways I have a 6 slot board. No cab. I might make some custom cab for it or atleast a lighted marquee display for above the desk.

    Can I buy a set of LEDs for the 6 slot and also everything else I'd need like the controller board and cables?

    Or do I need the original boards and stuff?

    Also does your leds come with the thin plastic film that holds the mini marquees in place?
    HI, my kits would contain 6 x led panels, a controller that talks to the neo geo and select the coorect led based on what game is picked and the cable to connect the two together. The led panels have a holder on the front to slide in the mini marquee so you do not need the plastic mini marquee holder.

    I removed the email as it was just bombarded with spam, Stupid me chose a .info url and it does not automaticcaly hide your personal details when you register so I had a week of hundreds of phone calls a day and thousands of emails from people trying to sell me hosting, logo's and all sorts of web stuff. !!!

  10. #185
    Camel Slug
    eclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GO TIGERS!!! Macomb MI

    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by leejsmith View Post
    HI, my kits would contain 6 x led panels, a controller that talks to the neo geo and select the coorect led based on what game is picked and the cable to connect the two together. The led panels have a holder on the front to slide in the mini marquee so you do not need the plastic mini marquee holder.

    I removed the email as it was just bombarded with spam, Stupid me chose a .info url and it does not automaticcaly hide your personal details when you register so I had a week of hundreds of phone calls a day and thousands of emails from people trying to sell me hosting, logo's and all sorts of web stuff. !!!
    Ok so I wont need to buy any original parts then correct? Just make some wood board to mount it to then and an original 6 slot marquee or repo would be nice hehe.

    Alright.. so is this kit in stock now or do i need to pre order?

  11. #186
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
    Ok so I wont need to buy any original parts then correct? Just make some wood board to mount it to then and an original 6 slot marquee or repo would be nice hehe.

    Alright.. so is this kit in stock now or do i need to pre order?
    the led kits and credit board kits are in stock. The only thing I am still working on are the card reader boards and NVRAM modules.

  12. #187
    Camel Slug
    eclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GO TIGERS!!! Macomb MI

    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by leejsmith View Post
    the led kits and credit board kits are in stock. The only thing I am still working on are the card reader boards and NVRAM modules.
    Any idea or ballpark for the price of the memory board and card?

  13. #188
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
    Any idea or ballpark for the price of the memory board and card?
    Sorry not at the moment. You would only need one of them. The card reader is if you want to take a save game from your MVS to a AES. The NVRAM is just to save on your MVS only.

  14. #189
    Camel Slug
    eclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GO TIGERS!!! Macomb MI

    Posts
    674
    6 slot led kit and mv-1c board and cables ordered!

    Wow! I feel super lucky!

    Thank you for making these hard to find must own items!!!

  15. #190
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    Hi, Thanks, have you checked that 0.5m is long enough to go from your MVS to the correct place for the card reader ? I setup shorter leads for people who might want to use out of a cab.

  16. #191
    Camel Slug
    eclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GO TIGERS!!! Macomb MI

    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by leejsmith View Post
    Hi, Thanks, have you checked that 0.5m is long enough to go from your MVS to the correct place for the card reader ? I setup shorter leads for people who might want to use out of a cab.
    It's going in a consolized 6 slot board. Short is what I needed. And later on I'm going to make a custom structure to house the led panel to hang on the wall.

    Thanks for checking though!

  17. #192
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
    It's going in a consolized 6 slot board. Short is what I needed. And later on I'm going to make a custom structure to house the led panel to hang on the wall.

    Thanks for checking though!
    Ok, so can i make any leads to size that would help you out ? how long would you want the data lead to go from the MVS to the led box and what exact length for the card reader board ?

  18. #193
    Camel Slug
    eclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GO TIGERS!!! Macomb MI

    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by leejsmith View Post
    Ok, so can i make any leads to size that would help you out ? how long would you want the data lead to go from the MVS to the led box and what exact length for the card reader board ?
    Oh well I'm not exactly sure atm. The length provided will be fine I'm sure.. dont need to be tight.

    For the led panels.. im far off from figuring out exactly what im going to do. I can just add more length later on to the cables.. guessing 6 feet atleast though.

  19. #194
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
    Oh well I'm not exactly sure atm. The length provided will be fine I'm sure.. dont need to be tight.

    For the led panels.. im far off from figuring out exactly what im going to do. I can just add more length later on to the cables.. guessing 6 feet atleast though.
    I always make the led data lead 2m so that should be find, How will you place the card reader perhaps I could put mine in the same position and make the leads to match.

  20. #195
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    BTW, I have a few more bits in testing and on the way. Direct plugin NVRAM options and direct plugin PCMCIA board for console conversions without the ribbon leads. The NVRAM is looking good and I will be ordering test PCMCIA boards soon.

  21. #196
    Camel Slug
    eclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GO TIGERS!!! Macomb MI

    Posts
    674
    I seen on facebook you mentioned I got tracking sent to me yesterday and I've looked everywhere and I dont see it. Cant find that post on facebook so asking here heh.


    ORDER #716

    Thanks!

  22. #197
    Crazed MVS Addict

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
    I seen on facebook you mentioned I got tracking sent to me yesterday and I've looked everywhere and I dont see it. Cant find that post on facebook so asking here heh.


    ORDER #716

    Thanks!
    I just replied to the original shop order with the tracking no, the first time was via paypal from the purchase.

  23. #198
    Camel Slug
    eclypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GO TIGERS!!! Macomb MI

    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by leejsmith View Post
    I just replied to the original shop order with the tracking no, the first time was via paypal from the purchase.
    Ok thanks.. yeah discovered it on paypal after your email. :/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •