Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have made a LED mini marquee system and want to share.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I have made a LED mini marquee system and want to share.

please take a look at my video showing the install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsU03RMnzms

I have worked on this for a while and I am sure I have everything in the final stages. The only part is the actual panels and I am 3d printing them at the moment so they take a while to print, but until I know I need a large quantity it would be hard to get them made.

I am looking for some help testing this in a 2 or 4 slot cabinet, ideally in the uk or europe so can anyone help me out, I would send you a kit free if you can.

[update] So far I have measurements from a 6 slot (5.5mm) , 4 slot big red (10mm) and a normal 4 slot with no speakers (3mm). the cabinets without speakers and just a normal marquee only have enough room for the EL panels so it means the front marquee will need to sit a little further forward than it does at the moment.
    Last edited by leejsmith; 12-05-2017 at 04:23 AM.

ネオジオ

very nice, thanks for sharing! are you planning to sell it?
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

Kuroko's Training Dummy

yes I am planning to have them for sale. it just depends on how much interest I get to see if I should find someone to make the panels for me or carry on 3d printing them in small numbers. I have suppliers for the light guide plastics and have the led pcb design waiting to be made, I just need to be 100% sure the depth of my panel will work in all cabinets. I know if I went to a company and asked them to make the panel it would be thinner than I can 3d 3d print, but it would need to be made in a large number to get a good price and I dont want to commit at the moment.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Awesome work brutha!

King's Dry Cleaner

This looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see the final product.

Global Moderator
    Voice of Reason

Nice looking. I may even be motivated to repair my 4 slot mini marquee with this solution.

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Awesome looking solution. I'd love to help test a 4 slot kit, but am in Canada. Would gladly pay shipping tho.

Galford's Armourer

Looks great! I'd love to put this setup in my 4 Slot cab once you get to selling them.

Die Gans

I may be interested in a 4 slot version. Depending on the price, of course.
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Thanks for all interest, I have started to source parts to make 80 panels and this should be enough to get things moving in this early stage. I have a rough price of 10 per panel, the control board could be brought fully assembled ready to go or as a kit so price could vary, but wont be too much. Not sure what import fee's you will have on top.

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by leejsmith View Post
    Thanks for all interest, I have started to source parts to make 80 panels and this should be enough to get things moving in this early stage. I have a rough price of 10 per panel, the control board could be brought fully assembled ready to go or as a kit so price could vary, but wont be too much. Not sure what import fee's you will have on top.
    Awesome news! Seems like a good price, considering that they're custom made. Keep us updated on these! I'd love to know how much it would be for a 4 slot set with a pre-assembled control board shipped to California.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by coreykun667 View Post
    Awesome news! Seems like a good price, considering that they're custom made. Keep us updated on these! I'd love to know how much it would be for a 4 slot set with a pre-assembled control board shipped to California.
    I would say with shipping around 100 plus any import fee's at your end for 4 x panels, the control board and various install hardware.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Wow. Now that is awesome. Nice work!

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by leejsmith View Post
    I would say with shipping around 100 plus any import fee's at your end for 4 x panels, the control board and various install hardware.
    Not bad, I'll definitely look into getting these eventually then!

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Also interested. Been really keen to get something like this for my 6-slot and 4-slot. Haven't seen anything viable since EvilEmuOfDoom had a working prototype, then disappeared a few years back.

Ideally, the easier and more idiot-proof it is to install, the better.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    Also interested. Been really keen to get something like this for my 6-slot and 4-slot. Haven't seen anything viable since EvilEmuOfDoom had a working prototype, then disappeared a few years back.

Ideally, the easier and more idiot-proof it is to install, the better.
    This is super easy to install, take a look at the video, I tried to make is as easy as possible with no cutting or soldering of the wires.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsU03RMnzms

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Yup, which looks great and fairly simple.

What I'm thinking for the final product, for example, is to put a mark or a notch on the connector with the ground on it so that folks won't put it in backwards. Stuff like that.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    Yup, which looks great and fairly simple.

What I'm thinking for the final product, for example, is to put a mark or a notch on the connector with the ground on it so that folks won't put it in backwards. Stuff like that.
    If I can find the same connector used on the original wire it has the key on the top. I just used parts I can get easy to make sure it works.

I've been the perfect idiot to test Lee's system. Fortunately Lee found an easy way to draw power from the original PSU. This made it real easy to get the whole kit working. If it works for me, I'm sure it works for you as well, Fygee.
    Games in my MVS: Samurai Shodown II | Puzzle Bobble | Magical Drop III | Metal Slug X | Windjammers | neosd

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Consider me sold then.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Hi Guys, someone has taken time to send me a video of there 4 slot cabinet and it's the one with the simple marquee and no speakers at the top. In this cabinet style it looks like I only have 3mm of space to work with. I can make my panel thinner by removing the mini marquee holder as it's part of the main marquee so this gets me down to 4.5 - 5mm range. How would you feel if you have to just use some spacers and also adjust the top and bottom marquee brackets to fit my panels.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

good news, I have measurements from a big read with speakers and it will fit into that with no trouble at all.

King's Dry Cleaner

Very nice work.

Wakka Wakka Wakka!

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by SNK416 View Post
    Very nice work.
    Thanks, I have started ordering parts for a run of 100 panels. lets see how long they last.

Lazy SNK Employee

This is SWEET! Great work! I'd be interested in a 6 slot set.

Thread Information