Hypothetically speaking if Trump claims Jerusalem is the capital of Israel

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Would this create the widespread chaos necessary to smokescreen the world away from his sleight of hand to evade any justice in firing mueller and halting the Russian investigation?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
TMW2016-10-12color.png

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
TBH I'm ignorant on this.

A) Why would this cause an uproar?

B) Why doesn't Israel pick their own capital?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Most of the world does not recognize Israel's annexation of Jerusalem in the 1967 war. The Palestinians are in East Jerusalem and maintain it will be their eventual capital in a future Palestine.

Like most things Trump has done - Wasabi is on point, it's a smokescreen to distract, just like the Utah land stuff.

It will alienate both our allies and our enemies. There is no reason to make the announcement other than to ruffle more feathers and sow more hatred. The religious or historical reasons that may exist for some who would support this - are not on his radar, but he takes advantage of that.

In the end, peoples will have more hatred for him, and by proxy Americans, but no allegiances, politically speaking will change. It will have the added bonus of passing more unhelpful legislation without coverage from the media. This will run a good 5 day news cycle and everything else happening will be old news by the time anyone wants to talk about it in large circles.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
It's likeTrump was looking at Bush's approval chart and a cartoon lightbulb appeared over his head.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sounds like this might actually be happening... or what they're calling a 'realization of the reality' which is basically the same thing in the eyes of everyone else. Maybe you guys will be fighting two fronts for Christmas?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
This is stupid...

...It opens a can of worms that should never have been opened...

xROTx

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Staggeringly, a new low. What depths can this shit stain possibly sink to?

There will be so much blood on his hands for this.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Staggeringly, a new low. What depths can this shit stain possibly sink to?

There will be so much blood on his hands for this.

Yeah... the whole Jerusalem issue is so devisive...

Religion... Politics... Land Grabbing.. all thrown into one pot...

Now Jackass Trump wants to officially endorse the land grabbing by Israel... this is gonna piss off a LOT of the Muslim states...

NOT GOOD!

xROTx

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
It's a really sad situation and its clear to me what he is doing. Its a simple case of him teasing a dog until it bites and then using that bite as justification to put it down. I'm not saying palestinians or muslims are dogs btw just to be clear.

I have been listening to Jews living in Israel today calling radio shows saying that Trump is out of his mind. Somone has got to step in and stop him.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Omfg

I thought this thread was a joke until i saw this mornings news.

Fuck chuck Schumer.

GOD DAMN IT

I want to fucking explode

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Omfg

I thought this thread was a joke until i saw this mornings news.

Fuck chuck Schumer.

GOD DAMN IT

I want to fucking explode

I really hope none of these clowns run a false flag attack on Jerusalem. It seems inevitable.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Wow, this is some fucked up shit Trump's pulling. This could turn out to be a real disaster.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Trump's decision is both stupid and somewhat honest. Stupid, because it will make a fair solution of the Israel-Palestine conflict impossible and is a kick in the ass of the spiritual rights of Muslims which the extremists among them will exploit as a first-rate propaganda victory. New intifada, here we come.

Somewhat honest (although prolly involuntarily), because he finally does away with all the lies about a peace process and a balanced view of the situation. The US have always supported the respective Israeli government and only used the peace talks to shove an Israel-friendly solution down Palestine's throat, other than that there was no process to speak of, just a prolonged series of talks that gave Israel the chance to expand their settlement program. There is no more space left for a Palestine state, just take a look at the West Bank, there are Israelis on every bleedin' hill and they won't go away anytime soon.

He also does away with the lies that the neighbouring states of Palestine stand side by side with their Muslim brothers and sisters. As soon as things got hot, the good neighbours went in line with the US because they were (and still are) dependent on US weapons to keep their own people in check.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Somewhat honest (although prolly involuntarily), because he finally does away with all the lies about a peace process and a balanced view of the situation. The US have always supported the respective Israeli government and only used the peace talks to shove an Israel-friendly solution down Palestine's throat, other than that there was no process to speak of, just a prolonged series of talks that gave Israel the chance to expand their settlement program. There is no more space left for a Palestine state, just take a look at the West Bank, there are Israelis on every bleedin' hill and they won't go away anytime soon.

Like I said, I'm not super familiar with the whole Israel / Palestine thing beyond the very high level stuff (mainly because I don't know where to start). But this is what did come to mind. I do know that the US dogmatically supports Israel, and I've always assumed it's more for military leverage (i.e., having a de facto military base in the area) than for "justice" or even bullshit religion, and that any sort of peace talk was just a facade, even for left wingers who tend (from my perspective) to only grudgingly support Israel and know that Palestine is less in the wrong than Israel.

That said, I don't think that this is quite a "rip off the band-aid" situation. This won't end anything in one violent implosion. It will only fan the flames.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
What the fuck is Israel? That stolen piece of land that the British gave to dejooz back during world war 1?! Fuck sake

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
My paternal grandfather was Jewish. As a Jewish American growing up in depression era 1930's America his primary concern in life was with the establishment of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital. Struggling to feed and cloth his family during a time of great suffering meant nothing to him, as long as a proper Jewish majority could be established in Jerusalem. Thank God for president Trump finally choosing a proper capital for a country he couldn't even point out on a map. My dear departed grandfather can finally rest his soul. Also, any future attacks on America can now be directly attributed to Trump.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My paternal grandfather was Jewish. As a Jewish American growing up in depression era 1930's America his primary concern in life was with the establishment of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital. Struggling to feed and cloth his family during a time of great suffering meant nothing to him, as long as a proper Jewish majority could be established in Jerusalem. Thank God for president Trump finally choosing a proper capital for a country he couldn't even point out on a map. My dear departed grandfather can finally rest his soul. Also, any future attacks on America can now be directly attributed to Trump.

LOL. Isn't jerusalem just about a quarter jewish though?