World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Harry Kane hattrick was hilarious. He didn’t know he was scoring it. But that deflection totally fucked over the keeper.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Gentlemen, England is going to win it all.

Just as soon as they bench Sterling.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Harry Kane hattrick was hilarious. He didn’t know he was scoring it. But that deflection totally fucked over the keeper.

Hey... that's method acting....

He knew what he was doing... but it's Oscar Season...

xROTx

PS. Harry Kane... the Keanu Reeves of Football... aka. Expressionless...

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
The only true contender so far is Germany.
They grit their teeth and forced a win. Perseverance.

Belgium was good, but I have yet to see how they fare against tougher opponents.
As for England - they won but I wasn't convinced by what I saw.

The rest of the world is shit.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Morocco was this close to winning. that equalizing goal was legit but the defence didn't do their job.

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Exciting game between Portugal and Iran today. But I noticed that football is starting to get a bit too high tech, at least for my standards. I had the impression that every 5 minutes the referee stopped the game in order to watch the video replay of a controversial scene. In the old days, decisions were taken in the moment and were final...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I hate to sound like a Sore Loser but you call VAR in the 92nd minute on a unintentional handball and ruin a teams victory is bullshit. Iran didn't do shit the entire game and to get a goal on a penalty is horse shit. I'm sorry guys but I have to call a spade a spade.

I'm drunk and emotional right now but everyone saw that shit. Am I wrong by protesting?

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Exciting game between Portugal and Iran today. But I noticed that football is starting to get a bit too high tech, at least for my standards. I had the impression that every 5 minutes the referee stopped the game in order to watch the video replay of a controversial scene. In the old days, decisions were taken in the moment and were final...

Yes, and that always worked out great didn't it...

hand of god.jpg

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Just want to say I was joking, I've always felt quite embarrassed about the hand of God, I was 9 at the time of the match, living in England no less, loved my team, but have never been proud of that dirty move.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Just want to say I was joking, I've always felt quite embarrassed about the hand of God, I was 9 at the time of the match, living in England no less, loved my team, but have never been proud of that dirty move.

I'm not proud of Schumacher's brutal foul on Patrick Battiston in 1982. The fact that it wasn't punished by the referee is just as shameful. That's among other things I'm not proud of, while looking back on German football.

The teams since 2006, aka Sommermärchen (summer dream) are in many regards a great compensation. Finally it felt good to cheer for German players. I like that a lot.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm not proud of Schumacher's brutal foul on Patrick Battiston in 1982. The fact that it wasn't punished by the referee is just as shameful. That's among other things I'm not proud of, while looking back on German football.

The teams since 2006, aka Sommermärchen (summer dream) are in many regards a great compensation. Finally it felt good to cheer for German players. I like that a lot.

But you know what's worse is that that handball is something very Argentinean in spirit, win by any means necessary, it's war, enjoy it more if it was dirty. There is a term here - Bilardismo - Bilardo was the manager during 86 and 90 and his motto was something akin to the ends justify the means.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Trust me you’ll appreciate it when you guys are in the next round playing against Colombia or Japan. And then even more so if you win your group and have to face Brazil/Germany in the second knockout round...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
But you know what's worse is that that handball is something very Argentinean in spirit, win by any means necessary, it's war, enjoy it more if it was dirty. There is a term here - Bilardismo - Bilardo was the manager during 86 and 90 and his motto was something akin to the ends justify the means.

Oh man, the 80s were rough everywhere. But back to the game and the question at hand:

Will the Argentinian Devils be redeemed today?

Edit: These lines were written, when Leo shot his first goal of this World Cup ;).

Last edited:

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
LOL Maradona celebrating the goal! He seemed to be in the middle of a trance and a possession

DgowsGXU0AA6mjS.jpg

editing for add the gif

3efaad92867e718ae57a2ad9fdb70c8e.gif

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Too bad for Australia but then I never get my hopes up about our football performance.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So, what's the consensus after the first half? Tad too much Bilardismo, as for my taste. The Turkish referee is too forgiving. Passing quality on Argentinian side is way off, too.

Edit: The second half was better all around. Congrats Argentina!!!

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Nigeria Fought well but in the end it wasn't enough. Congrats to Argentina. I was really looking forward to Argentina France and now we got it. This VAR shit is driving me insane though. So it's pretty much on the Referee's discretion to call a penalty a penalty. Saw the same kind of hand ball in the Portugal game yesterday and it was called a penalty and in the Argentina game it wasn't called. I don't get it.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
So, what's the consensus after the first half? Tad too much Bilardismo, as for my taste. The Turkish referee is too forgiving. Passing quality on Argentinian side is way off, too.

Edit: The second half was better all around. Congrats Argentina!!!

Tah

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Nigeria Fought well but in the end it wasn't enough. Congrats to Argentina. I was really looking forward to Argentina France and now we got it. This VAR shit is driving me insane though. So it's pretty much on the Referee's discretion to call a penalty a penalty. Saw the same kind of hand ball in the Portugal game yesterday and it was called a penalty and in the Argentina game it wasn't called. I don't get it.

The VAR is shaping up to be changing football very profoundly, not since they implemented the offside rule has there been anything with such impact. Not sure how long it will last though. It's too weird

Not that bothered if we beat France to be honest. That in itself was redemption