World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Chelsea was shit before Abramovich came in. Remember that right before Mou, it was Ranieri, and a lot of the players who became famous under Mou were Ranieri signings. Cech, Gallas, Makelele, Lampard, and Joe Cole were all Ranieri signings. Mou came in after winning the CL with Porto. He made Chelsea a better team, but that midfield wasn’t his.

True

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
4 matches in one day...

My brain hurts... Summary (Not in any order):

GO GO ICELAND.... ps. FOOK MESSI!
FU FRANCE!
PERU PLAYED WELL... DESERVED MORE!
UKRAINE vs NIGERIA... FOOKIN BORING ASS MATCH!

xROTx

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
4 matches in one day...

My brain hurts... Summary (Not in any order):

GO GO ICELAND.... ps. FOOK MESSI!
FU FRANCE!
PERU PLAYED WELL... DESERVED MORE!
CROATIA vs NIGERIA... FOOKIN BORING ASS MATCH!

xROTx

Fixed but that last match was boring as shit like you said so who cares.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Atletico and Valencia are legit too. It’s not just Barca and RM.

The better comparison would probably be the Old Firm in Scotland, but now, it's down to one team.

Regardless, I have no idea how you solve that situation. I guess that's part of the reason I'm charmed into rooting for Atleti.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The better comparison would probably be the Old Firm in Scotland, but now, it's down to one team.

Regardless, I have no idea how you solve that situation. I guess that's part of the reason I'm charmed into rooting for Atleti.

One solution is to lower the number of teams so that the top teams don’t get run down with fatigue. Unlike many other sports, football has lot more tournaments on the side, and these create potential for injuries, and this can create unnecessary expenses. The gate fees don’t balance the budget. On the flip side, a mediocre side with little chemistry and a bit of depth can finish higher than they should if they just play the part of the turtle vs the hare.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
World and continental cups are now all about propagating football, so widening the number of teams seems only a logical progression. If you want pro, you stick to leagues and their cups. The CL is best of the best this sport has to offer, the WC is football for masses. I don't mean the latter labeling in terms of 'good' or 'bad' -- it's just a set of different priorities.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
GO GO MEXICO!

xROTx

Dude, they look super fast on the counterattack. Putting mad pressure on that German Midfield. Damn they just missed another scoring opportunity in the 56th minute.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Dude, they look super fast on the counterattack. Putting mad pressure on that German Midfield. Damn they just missed another scoring opportunity in the 56th minute.

We shouldn't play with two liberos: it's either Kroos (better) or Özil (worse). Croatia can do it with Rakitić and Modrić, it's not working for us, though. Plus Gómez instead of Werner, i.e. experience instead of youth. Also: let's loose, but at least with some goals scored. This mold has to break.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I'm really looking forward to Mexico's next games.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Germany losing to Mexico could well pave the way to Germany Brazil in the first knockouts round. That would be a huge match.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Watching Brazil playing is like watching the Premier League. Their mental calmness is also impressive.

Edit: ...the second half was not even Championship, though. The pressure lasting on their shoulders seems too heavy to bear.

Last edited:

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Nice day with great surprises.
Is to dream Brazil & Germany go out in the first round too much?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nice day with great surprises.
Is to dream Brazil & Germany go out in the first round too much?

that's a dream mate. Brazil and Germany both had their tier two competition first match; tier three and four to follow. Just like Spain, though possibly better for the other teams.

I feel for Spain and Portugal. That group looks like it was Fifa fixing. That group should have been Spain, Portugal, Iran, and Saudi/Russia. How Group A got 2 tier 4 teams, and Group B got 2 tier 3 teams is a mystery. (not really, we are seeing more and more that 1998 and 2002 were fixed)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Germany - Mexico was a good match, maybe not from a German fan perspective... it showed a glaring lack of Kampfgeist on our part, our lads looked unorganised, specially the defense part. They gave Mexico way too much room to built up their game which inevitably led to fast counters and a goal that could have been easily prevented. I just hope that this was the wakeup call they needed, because this isn't chit-chat friendly matches anymore, it's WC, ladies and gentlemen, so please get yer shit together.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Raheem Sterling pants shitting during an easy 1-2 feed from Lingard and a wide open net

Pride of Man City

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Sterling ... Lingard...

Piles of smoldering shit... on the stain of football...

xROTx

PS. The Ref has been bribed by Putin... it's true... I have Proof :D

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Kane keeps getting dragged down in the box by someone not even looking at the ball.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
769iHuP.jpg

xROTx

PS. Yes Yes... I was watching it Topless...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sterling ... Lingard...

Piles of smoldering shit... on the stain of football...

xROTx

PS. The Ref has been bribed by Putin... it's true... I have Proof :D

Lingard wasn’t the problem. His three misses were on target. The problem is Tunisia playing a 10-0-0 and the ref not making calls. Commentators were pointing out that Kane would get mounted by Tunisian defenders on set pieces. It was a tough match for England who was outmanned by the 16 man Tunisian defense.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The penalty call was complete bullshit. Glad England were able to pull out a well deserved victory.