World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Russia will win. It’s a shit team, don’t get me wrong. But this is FIFA, and refs are bought. (France ‘98, Japan ‘02 - Russia will make it out of their group and then lose their first knockout)

But yeah, this is the special Olympics match.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
n9zQeZl.jpg

xROTx

PS. And... so it begins....

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Wow, Russia got the easiest group of all time. Totally not rigged...

The opening ceremony was pretty surreal with Putin's speech. I guess FIFA teaming up with Russia makes sense, since both are more bent than Ronaldo free kick.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow, Russia got the easiest group of all time. Totally not rigged...

The opening ceremony was pretty surreal with Putin's speech. I guess FIFA teaming up with Russia makes sense, since both are more bent than Ronaldo free kick.

Easiest group but Uruguay is a legit powerhouse.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
So, it's on!

5:0 for Russia, eh... ah well. The Saudis made more mistakes than the B-team of our local club so the result seems okay.

Watching the opening show atm, Robbie Williams got quite some flack for singing there but I've heard that he did it for free. Ah well, not that I'd care.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
lol at Robbie Williams flipping the finger during the opening ceremony.

robbie-williams-web-thumb.jpg

Saudi team really sucked.
Macanudo Pizzi has a lot of work to do with his coward/lazy players if doesn't want to be the most scored team in World Cup's history.

Rusia didn't play a good match and scored 5... Uruguay maybe could score double if they are hungry!!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So, it's on!

5:0 for Russia, eh... ah well. The Saudis made more mistakes than the B-team of our local club so the result seems okay.

Watching the opening show atm, Robbie Williams got quite some flack for singing there but I've heard that he did it for free. Ah well, not that I'd care.

The Saudis couldn't connect more than 3 passes.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The Russia vs Saudi match wasn't much of a match tbh....

The Saudi's couldn't even bother passing properly...

3 matches today... Muhahahahaha!

xROTx

PS. Was it just me... but I kept thinking that Russian team was like old as fuck and wondered how much steroids they had to take to keep running like that for 90 minutes?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
3 matches today... Muhahahahaha!

Lucky man ;).

So far, the hype around Uruguay prove to be fluffy. Though I still remember how bad Portugal played in the last European Cup and how they won afterwards. It can't be the team, so maybe the coach? Tabárez could be that major problem of La Celeste.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Lucky man ;).

So far, the hype around Uruguay prove to be fluffy. Though I still remember how bad Portugal played in the last European Cup and how they won afterwards. It can't be the team, so maybe the coach? Tabárez could be that major problem of La Celeste.

I think Portugal is solid and very capable. Yes, the Coach switching up the team strategy in making the team more defense minded than attacking is not something Portugal has been known for until the last Tournament. I believe Portugal has one of the best Defensive Backfields in the World. Pepe and Raphael Guerreiro are World Class and don't make too many mistakes as long as Pepe could control his temper. Bruno Alves is hit or miss, he looks like a SuperStar one game and a chump the other but he gives maximum effort on the pitch.

The Biggest problem with Portugal is their Mid-Field. We'll see how that shapes up today. Spain is overall a great team and are going to be a handful. Interesting to see what's going to happen.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
My opinion (#66) was premature, the hype is real and Uruguay played it like a pro: rigid and disciplined. This 0 : 1 against ACN's runners up was a very good game from both teams, but The Pharaohs played w/o Salah.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
That should give Löw some thoughts... there's the time to scratch your balls and there's the time play some good football. Now's the latter.

When's the time to sniff your fingers after you scratch?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Go Australia!

That's all I got, hopefully we beat France?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Missed Egypt - Uruguay, will watch it later on.

Morocco - Iran is quite nice so far, and there are Vuvuzelas, eh. I must be the only one (except for a few million Africans) who loves them :) The Moroccans are on a good way, their passing and zoning is quite good, albeit a bit unprecise, and there's too much confusion in heated situations. Iran can't find into the game so far, they play like Austria.

Tonight's game Portugal - Spain should be interesting, looking forward to it.

About France - Australia tomorrow, well, this will be a tough nut to crack for the Aussies but I'll be rooting for you guys anyway.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
That own goal by Morocco was downright depressing happening during stoppage time in the second half.