World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The EPL... Richest League in the World... Mediocre National Team...

Yup, pretty much true there...

The arguments have been circulating for a LONG time that we need to invest more in Grass root football...

The Young English players rarely get a look in when the Top Clubs would rather spend money on a foreign player due to the pressures and money involved in the EPL..

Pretty sure there is a solution if the FA had enough "balls" to stand up to the EPL teams...

xROTx

PS. Get it... balls? I'm awesome :oh_no:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The EPL... Richest League in the World... Mediocre National Team...

Yup, pretty much true there...

The arguments have been circulating for a LONG time that we need to invest more in Grass root football...

The Young English players rarely get a look in when the Top Clubs would rather spend money on a foreign player due to the pressures and money involved in the EPL..

Pretty sure there is a solution if the FA had enough "balls" to stand up to the EPL teams...

xROTx

PS. Get it... balls? I'm awesome :oh_no:

The problem is that teams give too much to decent English players. Look at Sterling - he had the world at Liverpool and then got offered the moon and stars by Man Shitty. Now he’s a useless pooft and a liability to any human around.

Hold him to the same standard as other players, make him work for it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The problem is that teams give too much to decent English players. Look at Sterling - he had the world at Liverpool and then got offered the moon and stars by Man Shitty. Now he’s a useless pooft and a liability to any human around.

Hold him to the same standard as other players, make him work for it.

That saga upset me...

Sterling WANTED to leave... and was offered a small fortune to go...

The new rule change about "homegrown" talent in teams has boosted some of these guys egos into thinking they are better or worth more than they are...

xROTx

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Sterling was a disgrace last night, not forgetting the stinker he had at the Euros two years ago after all the hype. It doesn’t always gel on the night for England, wether it’s a commitment issue or generally being overrated, I can’t work it out. The players never seem proud to represent their country yet they all bend over for Mars, Adidas, Gillette etc.

Looking forward to the world cup either way (the missus is English), kind of sad Wales didn’t make it but then don’t really fancy a trip to Russia. Wales have also been piss poor as of late and more of a pet project for Giggs. Nightmare fuel.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The England Football Teams timeline in every major competition...

1. Smooth qualifying... raising expectations...
2. The Fans and Press start hyping the helluva out of the side...
3. Group Stages... First Match... everyone realises they may have booked the hotel room for too long...
4. England Team barely makes it out of the group stage...
5. Lose next match to the next semi-decent side...
6. Press, critics, fans rip into them...
7. Plane was booked this early weeks ago... fans and press watch the England team board the plane...

... and begin to plan the same cycle for the next competition...

Then End...

xROTx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
6 days to go lads...

COUNTDOWN TO INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL TROLLFEST...

xROTx

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Thought England were great last night. No egos, no arrogance, level headedness and a great goal from Rashford. Bring on the tourney!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Thought England were great last night. No egos, no arrogance, level headedness and a great goal from Rashford. Bring on the tourney!

YvTj9U2.jpg

xROTx

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
A very accurate description of the England Football team since I started watching them. Hey at least they are in this time and Group G doesn't look that bad.

The England Football Teams timeline in every major competition...

1. Smooth qualifying... raising expectations...
2. The Fans and Press start hyping the helluva out of the side...
3. Group Stages... First Match... everyone realises they may have booked the hotel room for too long...
4. England Team barely makes it out of the group stage...
5. Lose next match to the next semi-decent side...
6. Press, critics, fans rip into them...
7. Plane was booked this early weeks ago... fans and press watch the England team board the plane...

... and begin to plan the same cycle for the next competition...

Then End...

xROTx

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I'm rooting for Uruguay.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'm rooting for Germany!!! ...to have booked even a bigger, better & faster Jet than the Limeys, for departure home after the group stages.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm rooting for Germany!!! ...to have booked even a bigger, better & faster Jet than the Limeys, for departure home after the group stages.

Fucking Germans, always have to win at something.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm rooting for Uruguay.

Big time. That backfield of Giménez Godín and Muslera is on the best in the cup. The offense with Cavani and Suarez. If that midfield clicks it’s an easy path to the semis against Spain or Germany.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Every FOOKIN' Tournament... I get excited...

I WANT my National team to do well... but like dating a chick you met over a dating app...

Usually ends in massive dissappointment :(

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Every FOOKIN' Tournament... I get excited...

I WANT my National team to do well... but like dating a chick you met over a dating app...

Usually ends in massive dissappointment :(

xROTx

the cure is to play the cup like a roulette table. place bets on 5 teams. My advice: spain, germany, uruguay to win it all (hey, at least if you nail one, it's all good); france to leave by the round of 16; and argentina to get knocked out in the semis.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Fucking Germans, always have to win at something.

Good chap, Steven, but that's nothing of the sort. Poor blokes will have to hitchhike an Ilyushin at a discount with as many layovers as goals conceded, carrying in their hands the popular action figure of a shirtless Vladimir Putin straddling a bear. That'll make for a thought-provoking return.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member

Germany did awesome at ice hockey at the Winter Olympics. I was really pulling for you guys to beat KHL All-Stars/SKA St. Petersburg.