World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Belgium ripped Tunisia apart today... great team effort by them...

They look good and dangerous...

England better get a result against Panama because playing the Belgiums when they're in this form won't be pretty...

xROTx

yeah, what a display. they're exploitable in the back though. but a lovely team, reminds me of the kindred spirit exhibited by Holland years back. good to see this type of footie.
now just need Italian national team revival and we are set.
Italy to me is the most important team in the history of the World Cup for what they have brought to the table.
Mexico won just now against South Korea, feel bad for SK but they really should have stepped it up, Asian football needs to be a lot more driven if they want to succeed

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
What a let down, a gift from Kroos, of all people... and why still insisting on Werner? I welcome Gündoğan, though.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Maybe there is no game changing striker after Miroslav Klose retired from the German national team?

What a let down, a gift from Kroos, of all people... and why still insisting on Werner? I welcome Gündoğan, though.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
While I have always liked Germany, I really didn't want them to win. Just goes to show, you got to keep your cool in the vinegar strokes of a game and make sure you don't give away any free kicks.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Erm, i mean well done Germany

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
That was a rollercoast ride with the winning goal at the very last minute... gah, me heart....

SCHLAAAAAND!! :)

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
That was a rollercoast ride with the winning goal at the very last minute... gah, me heart....

SCHLAAAAAND!! :)

Talk about waiting until the last second. Germany is like the kid who walks into a final exam and didn’t study much, but then aces it

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Maybe there is no game changing striker after Miroslav Klose retired from the German national team?

As a HUGE Klose fan, he wasn't a game changer; just a man who know where to be at the right time (I guess as all good strikers are). And for country, he was always there, but there's no maybe about it. Germany needs a striker, and as I've mentioned before, Werner and Gomez aren't it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Talk about waiting until the last second. Germany is like the kid who walks into a final exam and didn’t study much, but then aces it

Heh, they're more like the kid with exam anxiety who has studied like crazy before, but then forgets all he has learned until the very last minute when he realizes that not making it would mean living at home for another year...

Yeah, we could need a striker like Miro again, he had huge self-confidence (at least on the pitch) and an unbreakable will to win.

If I were Löw I'd add some 10% German old-style let's-win-even-if-it-means-breaking-their-fucking-bones to the mix. The new style of footie is all fine and dandy but it's also a combat sports of sorts and you can't win a battle by just clever manoeuvring and athletics alone. Might not be very popular, but hey. :smirk:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
If I were Löw I'd add some 10% German old-style let's-win-even-if-it-means-breaking-their-fucking-bones to the mix. The new style of footie is all fine and dandy but it's also a combat sports of sorts and you can't win a battle by just clever manoeuvring and athletics alone. Might not be very popular, but hey. :smirk:

Interesting. Usually it's enough to have one bad boy like Ramos or Chiellini. That could be Boateng. This 10% you mentioned are definitely present within the BVB and it wasn't such a bad idea for them. But it's certainly not the style of play of Bayern Munich, which is the blueprint to our current National Teams. Personally I'm not so sure, but you sure gave us some nice food for thought, Tak.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The Serbs feel robbed because of a foul they didn't get and the fact that one of the Albanian-born players of the Swiss team made a celebratory gesture with his hands called the double eagle which is a reference to the Albanian flag and has an anti-Serbian ring to it. Of course there's also lots of conspiracy theorising going on, flags of either nation get burned, etc. In short, the usual Balkan shenanigans nobody has a clue of nor cares for, at least not during a WC.

EDIT:

Whoever thinks that a Swiss ref would be German-friendly just because he himself comes from the German (well, more or less) speaking part of Switzerland (there's a German, French and Italian part) has no clue about the Swiss or Central Europe as a whole.

EDIT #2:

Interesting. Usually it's enough to have one bad boy like Ramos or Chiellini. That could be Boateng. This 10% you mentioned are definitely present within the BVB and it wasn't such a bad idea for them. But it's certainly not the style of play of Bayern Munich, which is the blueprint to our current National Teams. Personally I'm not so sure, but you sure gave us some nice food for thought, Tak.

I'm not necessarily talking about physical attacks but a certain warrior mindset that modern footie schools don't seem to foster anymore. When I was a lad, it was considered normal to throw in your physique as some sort of weapon against your opponent, ideally within the bonds of the rules. This led to a certain roughness of the game which modern spectators probably wouldn't consider good footie anymore but it was effective.

Now, I don't really wanna go back to the Holzhackerfussi of old but I think we could take inspiration from the will to win and no-bs approach of those days when Udo Jürgens sang "ein Fußballstar, der kennt keinen Schmerz, der ist aus Stahl gemacht, aus Eisen und Erz..."... ;)

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I miss the 2010 German team before Ballack's injury.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
EEENNNNGGEERRR__LLUUUNNDD!!!

xROTx

PS. Germany... never write off Germany...

They played below their massive standards... but they found a way...

Let the Trolling of Tak CONTINUE! :keke:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well im not sure if England will beat Panama, looking neck and neck at half time.

:lolz: