World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
At this moment I just can think in one song...

cartonmessi.jpg

30 minutes left to watch Argentina trying to do something without doing anything...

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Both Croatia goals were fucking great.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Both Croatia goals were fucking great.

That Modric Goal was out of this world. I love seeing those blasts from outside the 18.

Fox Anouncers had a headline "Croatia Shocks World". Did anyone here think Argentina was going to dominate Croatia?

I thought this game was going to be either a draw or a one goal game either side. People forget how great Croatia played in the Euro and that was just two years ago. They looked like a complete team.

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Croatia are a really good side, the only shock for me was how bad argentina were tonight, they were very poor.
Messi may be the man for barca, but at international level he looks average at best, on the other hand modric was class tonight, fab player, and a great goal, good luck to them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That Modric Goal was out of this world. I love seeing those blasts from outside the 18.

Fox Anouncers had a headline "Croatia Shocks World". Did anyone here think Argentina was going to dominate Croatia?

I thought this game was going to be either a draw or a one goal game either side. People forget how great Croatia played in the Euro and that was just two years ago. They looked like a complete team.

The audience for the World Cup can be incredibly ignorant about football. Croatia has a stacked side. Even veteran old guys like Corluka have a ton of experience and are perfect for the bench.

Meanwhile, Icardi and Lautero are shaking their heads that they weren’t allowed to come. Rumor was that Messi made the decisions.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I hope they don’t. I would prefer to see Fernandes, Carvalho, and Guedes showcase more.

William Carvalho is a total joke. Someone's might be paid dearly in orderto let him play every single match. He's a despair to the midfield. Slower than a turtle. He adds nothing but trouble.

And Bernardo Silva is a total waste playing as a wing. It has nothing to do with his natural position.

I'm loving the southern african teams. Heart and happiness. Good stuff.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The audience for the World Cup can be incredibly ignorant about football. Croatia has a stacked side. Even veteran old guys like Corluka have a ton of experience and are perfect for the bench.

Meanwhile, Icardi and Lautero are shaking their heads that they weren’t allowed to come. Rumor was that Messi made the decisions.

Yup and Messi shouldn't be making any decisions. He should be just concentrating on helping his team win the game.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
William Carvalho is a total joke. Someone's might be paid dearly in orderto let him play every single match. He's a despair to the midfield. Slower than a turtle. He adds nothing but trouble.

And Bernardo Silva is a total waste playing as a wing. It has nothing to do with his natural position.

I'm loving the southern african teams. Heart and happiness. Good stuff.

I agree Bro, Carvalho is Painful to watch. He is big and strong but he is very easy to predict because of how slow he is.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

Aye, always been big fan of Croatia, they have very sound football pedigree.
Dybala and Icardi need their shot once and for all. Messi's time has passed as well as the rest of them.
We have had a weak team for decades. It's the truth.
Some of our players are amongst the best in the world but our national team is a sight for sore eyes.
Then again we as a people don't deserve much more.

As for the dumb Spaniard making jokes, you guys have some Brazilian twat amongst your numbers? Fucking hoot.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
As for the dumb Spaniard making jokes, you guys have some Brazilian twat amongst your numbers? Fucking hoot.

It's funny you mention that bro. My friend came over my house yesterday after the Spain game for a few beers and he mentioned Diego Costa. He's a die hard Spain fan and he was saying it's fucked up how the top goal scorer on his team is Brazilian. He believes coaches and players should be from the country they play for.

I personally wouldn't mind having a Brazilian player of that Caliber on my team. Just funny how you brought that up.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Whew atleast we drew against Denmark but in all honesty Denmark scored with merit, very good play for them. I feel like we kinda woke up this match but still not good enough to win but compared to that shit aus v france match we actually played instead of fumbling around.

Can we beat Peru?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Whew atleast we drew against Denmark but in all honesty Denmark scored with merit, very good play for them. I feel like we kinda woke up this match but still not good enough to win but compared to that shit aus v france match we actually played instead of fumbling around.

Can we beat Peru?

You know what's good about Australian soccer is that maybe 20 years ago they where something of a very lesser team on the world stage, and today they play a very respectable game of football, very good fundamentals. I enjoy watching them for what it's worth. They may not get far but these are notches on the belt that will make them stronger with time.
Off topic: was actually something of a mass migration of Argies to Australia back in the 50s.

@Razo I can understand what your friend means, it kind of screws the sport up somewhat but it's something of a common thing in various countries, was a lot more blatant years back.
The Manager I think can be from abroad but the players? Hell no!
As if Spain don't have high caliber strikers that they need this guy who can hardly even speak Spanish. It's all about the money

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Can we beat Peru?

Bert van Marwijk is responsible for one of the worst performances of Netherlands I've watched. The 2010 finale was played by a bunch of street thugs, not soccer players and Spain won not only for their country, but also for the honor of this sport. The Peru game's your last chance, so I hope coach van Marwijk learned his lesson and will play out this one straight, though I still believe you're better off without him.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Brazil's calm I mentioned while watching the first twenty minutes of their premiere against Switzerland was a house of cards. One successful set piece by the Helvetii and it all fell apart. The 7/1 complex is strong.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
A Hard fought match for Brazil...

They played a LOT better in the second half and deserved to win... but the signs are there...

No team in this World Cup is gonna get an easy ride... :D

xROTx

PS. Neymar's penalty overturned... which i feel was the correct decision... this aint the Oscars man...

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Man, disappointing end of the game for Costa Rica. I was really thinking they could get the tie.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...and the price for retaining the coldest blood goes to the Swiss. The first team that was loosing, yet, in the end, won the game. Probably the best team spirit next to Spain in this WC, too. Well done!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
...and the price for retaining the coldest blood goes to the Swiss. The first team that was loosing, yet, in the end, won the game. Probably the best team spirit next to Spain in this WC, too. Well done!

Serbia has to feel like shit. They got played hard by the swiss. First half I was like "damn the Serbs have some stamina to play like that", second half they showed they don't have stamina.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The Swiss cracked open the Serbs like a hacker. The first half does make sense now in light of the outcome.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Today's Day of the Tentacle. Löw and his friends defeat the Blågult Tentacles guarding the 3-point Sludge-o-Matic, cleverly turn off their defense machine, and prevent the whole series of Mexican events from ever happening.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Belgium ripped Tunisia apart today... great team effort by them...

They look good and dangerous...

England better get a result against Panama because playing the Belgiums when they're in this form won't be pretty...

xROTx