Demon's Souls Servers Shutting Down Feb 2018... Sad times...

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Everyone, be sure to put your summon sign down in Tower of Latria so you can be Old Monk. If you want to have a good fight, probably at least SL 40, but you can be any SL.

Is that part of the game? I mean a hidden fight?

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Is that part of the game? I mean a hidden fight?

It is a mechanic where online players can be summoned to actually be a boss in the game.

Current character is SL 60, Str build with Crushing Claymore +5. Right in the middle of the online meta. I can be summoned by SL 46 and up characters.

I could make a new lower level character for co-op if n00bs want help.

The formula for co-op matchmaking is

x +/- (10 + 0.1x)

Level 50 can summon: 35 - 65
Level 100 can summon: 80 - 120

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/online-matchmaking

Here's an online calculator, input your SL and you can see what level ranges you can interact with.

https://mpql.net/tools/demons-souls/

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I'm right around level 40 and using a claymore +3 now. Heading for the greatsword and my goal is to score that Dragon bone smasher.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I'm right around level 40 and using a claymore +3 now. Heading for the greatsword and my goal is to score that Dragon bone smasher.

Make sure you stay in soul form while in world 2 (kill yourself in the Nexus if in body form). After defeating the boss of 2-3, return to the Nexus, and world 2 should be Pure White.

For max use of DBS, you'll want pure white or black world tendency for world 1.

If you go to SL 46, you can summon me for the boss of 2-2 if you need help.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
For max use of DBS, you'll want pure white or black world tendency for world 1.

Explain this to me if you could please? And so far the only problem I have had is gank squads of mobs, not even the beginning demon with my barbarian was a problem.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Explain this to me if you could please? And so far the only problem I have had is gank squads of mobs, not even the beginning demon with my barbarian was a problem.

To upgrade the Dragon Bone Smasher to +5, you need 5 Colorless Demon Souls. These are dropped by Primordial Demons in worlds that are Pure Black Tendency; however, a loose Colorless Demon Soul is found in world 1-1 but it can only be reached if the world is Pure White or Black. Once you have one, you can use the dupe trick to create enough to fully upgrade DBS without having to turn multiple worlds Pure Black.

Edit: Nevermind that, there's a much easier way. Trade a Talisman of God with the crow in 4-1 to get a Colorless Demon Soul.

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
If you want to be serious about magic, you’re gonna need to eventually turn World 2 black and fight black phantom scrivir. He’s no pushover but that talisman of beasts is worth it. Did a little too much grinding yesterday and today and I’m almost at SL100.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Can someone link to a good guide for this game? What's a decent build type for a novice?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

I love strength builds! Dragon Bone Smasher and the Butcher Knife is where it's at. A maxed charter using the butcher knife, wields the strongest weapon in the game.

The first boss is a pushover. Actually a few are. Wait till you get to Flamelurker. Normally in this game, the stages are harder than the bosses. Shrine of storms for example, is filled with high level skeletons, and death's that summon slender man like enemies. They will rape you if you give them a chance. Especially the Katana demons. Tower of Latria, the problem is the damn squid mages, that scare you into running into pits that insta kill you. Valley of Defilement, the real test will be surviving the poison swamps, and enemies that plague you. You think the mobs are bad now, wait till you are hounded by 3 giant club wielding guys that chase you into the poison swamps.

Can someone link to a good guide for this game? What's a decent build type for a novice?

Guide: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

Character Builds: https://mugenmonkey.com/demonssouls/top

The top one on there, is my BlueBlood Sword build. I would recommend taking 5 out of luck though, and putting it elsewhere, probably vitality.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Thanks! Been meaning to dive into this series.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

Def choose Royalty as your starting class. I never did until this playthough and man is it so much more fun.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I'm having a problem where I the game is going offline without notice. When I start, I log in and get the server closing notice, but then in game all the online features are off.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm having a problem where I the game is going offline without notice. When I start, I log in and get the server closing notice, but then in game all the online features are off.

Had that happen a few times. Sometimes yesterday it disconnected me, no warning. Once completely booted me from game.

Another major issue I am having is very bad audio stuttering with sound effects. Sometimes so bad the game locks up.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I was trying to hang out in body form in 3-2 to see if I can lure some invasions but the online is all screwed up.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Had that happen a few times. Sometimes yesterday it disconnected me, no warning. Once completely booted me from game.

Another major issue I am having is very bad audio stuttering with sound effects. Sometimes so bad the game locks up.

Had this happen a few times as well. Leaving the area helped or restarting the game.

Right now I'm close to sl100 rocking my heater shield and DBS. That part we're you pull it from the rubble was awesome.

Edit: Going to try out the greatsword my next chance it looks freaking sweet.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Had this happen a few times as well. Leaving the area helped or restarting the game.

Right now I'm close to sl100 rocking my heater shield and DBS. That part we're you pull it from the rubble was awesome.

Edit: Going to try out the greatsword my next chance it looks freaking sweet.

I have a sould level 31 right now. A few right around 100. And a Lv. 222. So if you see me on hit me up. Me and my brother just call each other on speaker phone to coordinate. Makes finding soul signs easier

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between Dark Souls and Demons Souls. Demons Souls is not available on the PC Correct? And how are Dark Souls II and III?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between Dark Souls and Demons Souls. Demons Souls is not available on the PC Correct? And how are Dark Souls II and III?

I can't help with differences much they pretty much play the same.

DS2 is what I started with and absolutely loved it. Changed me. DS3 refined the system and it is probably my favorite modern game. It is good. Really good.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I can't help with differences much they pretty much play the same.

DS2 is what I started with and absolutely loved it. Changed me. DS3 refined the system and it is probably my favorite modern game. It is good. Really good.

Thanks Brother, will check out both DS2 and DS3. I know I purchased Dark Souls during a Steam Sale and never played it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

All the games play almost identical. Dark Fantasy Action RPG games with difficult technical combat. They all rely on character builds. Like plotting every single stat with great care as you progress to make that perfect character, whether strength based, dex based, or some form of magic based. Your build is everything. For example, people will find their favorite weapon and make a build directly based upon it. Sometimes adding magic to the builds to buff their weapons and make them stronger.

Sometimes people make builds strictly for pvp. Sometimes strictly for co op. One popular build is a glass cannon build, that can one shot pretty much anything, but has next to no defense, so they rely on real life skill.

Demons souls is a early ps3 exclusive. Dark souls was the follow up, and in many respects better, and more highly regarded. However; a lot of those people simply never played demons souls. I mean dark souls is obviously a more polished game, but there's just something about demons souls that makes it great as well, just not on the same epic scale.

Dark souls 2 is the red headed stepchild of the series. Not even developed by the same guy. It gets a bad rap. Yeah, it sucks compared to every other game in the series, but its still better that 95% of the garbage released last generation.

Dark Souls 3 is great. It is a must play.

Then there's bloodborne, which is similar to the souls series, but faster combat, and set in a type of old London with werewolves and stuff. It's a great game, but definitely not easy since there are not really any shields. It's all about dodging and counter attacking with various old style guns.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
DS2 may have a bad rap but is still excellent game in it's own right.

Pick up a PS4 razo and I'll show you a good time.