This is fucked up but also funny

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Elizabeth Warren said:
You might have heard that Donald Trump likes to call me “Pocahontas.” He does it on Twitter, at rallies, and even in official White House meetings.

But today, he stooped to a disgusting low. This afternoon, in the Oval Office, Donald Trump was supposed to be honoring Navajo code talkers – American heroes who helped save the world from fascism and hate during World War II. Instead, Trump stood right next to those Native American war heroes and came after me with another racist slur.

He did this because he thinks that he can bully me and shut me up. He thinks he can bully and silence anybody he wants.

Just to be clear: I learned about my family’s heritage the same way everyone else does – from my parents and grandparents. I never asked for and never got any benefit from it.

But that’s not what any of this is about. Donald Trump doesn’t care about the facts. He ran a campaign that started with racial attacks and then rode the escalator down. This is the very worst of gutter politics.

Every time that Donald Trump calls me “Pocahontas” – and the media goes crazy over it – he’s happy that people are not focused on how he’s trying to cut taxes for billionaires and giant corporations. He’s happy we’re not focused on how he’s trying to gut the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to let big banks and predatory lenders scam ordinary Americans out of billions of dollars.

Donald Trump wants us distracted. But we’re not going to stop standing up for middle class families. We’re not going to stop standing up for consumers.

Let’s show Donald Trump that we’re sick of his racist slurs by getting to work to fight his agenda. Donald Trump can keep attacking my family – but I’m going to keep fighting for yours.

Pocahontas on the Genesis was pretty good IMO.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
alcatraz-free-art-pluck.jpg

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Pocahontas on the Genesis was pretty good IMO.

Was it? It was visually pleasing, but it had this Flashback / Another World quality to the movement of the character. This worked for those two games, but it felt stiff as hell in Pocahontas. As for Trump, he just can't help himself. I'm not overly sensitive when it comes to humor. People are too easily offended these days, but this? Come on. You need to know when to stop and what the fight forum is.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
"But we’re not going to stop standing up for middle class families. We’re not going to stop standing up for consumers."

Pretty sure she gives no shit about either one of those.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
"But we’re not going to stop standing up for middle class families. We’re not going to stop standing up for consumers."

Pretty sure she gives no shit about either one of those.

Because this has been a major focus of hers through her career?

She helped to establish the CFPB. The CFPB makes it harder for banks to fuck over the middle class.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

She helped to establish the CFPB. The CFPB makes it harder for banks to fuck over the middle class.

Truthfully I don't follow much of politics and don't really care for anyone. So sadly I will make mostly baseless statements. [emoji53]

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Truthfully I don't follow much of politics and don't really care for anyone. So sadly I will make mostly baseless statements. [emoji53]

Fun fact: Mick Mulvaney is from Virginia, but somehow won an election in South Carolina.

This is like Hillary getting elected in NY, or Dick cheney’s daughter moving to some Midwest state to run for office.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Yep. She kicks ass. She stands in the streets with the progressive Massholes. And IIRC, she admitted to being wrong about her heritage and apologized. Fucking years ago. Her side of the story is that her parents and grandparents always told her that she had some native ancestry, but this turned out to be false. The right wing side of the story is that she purposely lied about having native heritage in order to take advantage of affirmative action. Given her history and character alone, I'm more willing to believe her. Add to that the fact that several of my friends have been unintentionally misinformed about their heritage [my friend was always told he was Haitian and had ancestry based on that mix of genetics but recently took one of those DNA tests and found out he's mostly Greek] and I'm even more likely to believe her.

Watching Autoerotic Bowtie Tucker tonight trying to argue that Trump's words were not racist or disrespectful was nauseating. Watching him spin it to say that the real wrongdoer here is Warren was just as sad.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Doesn't every white family tell their kids that they have Native American Ancestry (usually of some vague type and that of a Chief/Princess)?

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
The Pocahontas joke came off as forced and a bit lame, but I doubt it really offended the Native Americans being honored here.

That Andrew Jackson portrait though was a terrible, terrible thing to have present at this particular ceremony. They fucking despise the guy.