Neo Geo Daedalus converter, some games wont work, amp voltage???

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Hi all, having a strange problem with my Daedalus converter and certain games. I am using a 5v USA Neo Geo AES and have read that it can be touchy with my particular system.

So first tried the converter with my stock power supply and no games would work. I was told to try a power supply with a high amps, so I purchased a 5v5a and all of the games load fine now, but a handful of them freeze during gameplay.

At first I thought it might be my converter, but I bought one of those cheap ones from Spain off ebay as well and the exact same issues. All of my carts and system have been cleaned as well.

The following games will freeze within a minute of playing.

-KOF 2002
-Last Blade (1-2)
-All Metal Slugs

It seems high megs games seem to freeze the system, but games like Rage of Dragons work just fine. My question is, would purchasing another power supply with even high amps, such as a 5v 7a do the job? Any insight or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So you tried 2 converters and they do the same thing. Maybe it's not the converter but your Neo System. Did you try another Neo System.

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Haven't tried another system, but found a post here awhile back with someone who had the same generation USA system and the same problems with the same games and converter. He eventually just gave up, hoping to find a solution.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
When I had a Daedalus in my hands, I don’t have any problems with those games.

If you are having problems, it could be from the leaning forward as that will break connection with the PROG board in the cart slot. Prop up the MVS cart so the converter sits at a proper 90 degrees. You can also add a bit of foam padding to the front side of the cart opening to keep the cart straight instead.

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Tried that as well, it seems to be the exact same spot in the games, for example, Metal Slug will start but when you make it to the first rock you have to jump over, it always freezes, same with Last Blade, as soon as the game begins the graphics glitch out and it freezes. I have tried both games on an MVS arcade and they are working fine. Both converters same problem, I would just go get another AES console, but I love my old American one with the unibios. I am going to try the 5v 6a and see if that helps.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
My Daedalus has had no issues with a multitude of MVS carts on my Japanese AES including Metal Slug 1. Been using it for over 4 years now. In comparison, my Magic Key gave up the ghost within a few months. Daedalus is my go to MVS adaptor until I have enough money to buy a NeoSD.

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
My Daedalus has had no issues with a multitude of MVS carts on my Japanese AES including Metal Slug 1. Been using it for over 4 years now. In comparison, my Magic Key gave up the ghost within a few months. Daedalus is my go to MVS adaptor until I have enough money to buy a NeoSD.

Yeh found out its def my USA AES, has some sort of power issue.