Net Neutrality...

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
The republicans are sure continuing to do a great job of fucking themselves by repealing net neutrality. they didn't even have a valid reason for why because every idiot knows the answer

I mean my argument during that whole time would be "The guy wanting to end this was a lawyer for Verizon...VERIZON, HELLO!!!"

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The republicans are sure continuing to do a great job of fucking themselves by repealing net neutrality. they didn't even have a valid reason for why because every idiot knows the answer

I mean my argument during that whole time would be "The guy wanting to end this was a lawyer for Verizon...VERIZON, HELLO!!!"
$61.6 million spent lobbying.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
My argument would have been. How can new small business make money when in order for customers to even view their product they are going to have to pay extra for the "shopping" internet package. Then more for the High Speed download fee if the items requires internet connection.

Can you imagine how destructive this could be to indie game developers who hope to get their game on Steam? After people pay all these fees, they ain't buying a fucking game. They're going to play Path Of Exile because it's free.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Anyone hoping for Congress to step in can pinch off that turd now. Even if some of the Republicans suddenly started listening to their constituents, President Toilet Tweeter has veto power over anything they may sneak through and has already stated that he fully endorses this repeal as ending "unnecessary" regulations is one of the cornerstones of his platform. And there's no way in hell they'll get 75% of Congress to vote against their donor daddys.

Welcome to running the government like a business, you dumb fucks.

Pretty much the only thing we can rely on now is for the big players like Netflix and Google, etc. to drag this shit out in court until we can either get it overturned or a new FCC Commissioner can get installed in 3 years and remove that chucklefuck Pai.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
My argument would have been. How can new small business make money when in order for customers to even view their product they are going to have to pay extra for the "shopping" internet package. Then more for the High Speed download fee if the items requires internet connection.

Can you imagine how destructive this could be to indie game developers who hope to get their game on Steam? After people pay all these fees, they ain't buying a fucking game. They're going to play Path Of Exile because it's free.

we cant.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Don't worry, guys, if Comcast starts screwing with your connection, you can just switch to one of those other cable companies. :lolz:

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Don't worry, guys, if Comcast starts screwing with your connection, you can just switch to one of those other cable companies. :lolz:

I hate Comcast, so let me see who else is offering data services in my neighborhood. Smoke signals, carrier pigeons, some expensive & slow satellite thing...too many choices!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
This is what happens when Republicans do comedy. I logged in to YouTube for the first time in years just to give it a thumbs down and call him CreamPai in the comments.

He is one of the most puchable guys in the history of mankind.

I've been calling him CreamPai for the last several weeks on youtube as well.

He just thinks this is all a joke. I don't think he realizes how pissed people are really going to be if this actually follows through. I don't think he's seen much yet, and he's already whining like a little bitch.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I wonder how long it will be until someone hacks his phone or steals his identity.

Marek

Banned
I wonder how long it will be until someone hacks his phone or steals his identity.

Oh god, please let this happen.

I really think these faggots underestimate the bees nest they're playing football with.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
NRA gives Ajit Pai “courage award” and gun for “saving the Internet”

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/nra-gives-ajit-pai-courage-award-and-gun-for-saving-the-internet/

The National Rifle Association (NRA) today gave its Charlton Heston Courage Under Fire Award to Ajit Pai, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission.

Pai was about to speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Maryland when the award presentation seemed to catch him by surprise. The award is a handmade long gun that could not be brought on stage, so it will be housed in the NRA museum until Pai can receive it.

"Ajit Pai, as you probably already know, saved the Internet," American Conservative Union (ACU) Executive Director Dan Schneider told the audience. The ACU is the host of CPAC; Schneider made a few more remarks praising Pai before handing the award presentation over to NRA board member Carolyn Meadows.

Pai "fought to preserve your free speech rights" as a member of the FCC's Republican minority during the Obama administration, Schneider said. Pai "fought and won against all odds, but the Obama administration had some curveballs and they implemented these regulations to take over the Internet."

"As soon as President Trump came into office, President Trump asked Ajit Pai to liberate the Internet and give it back to you," Schneider added. "Ajit Pai is the most courageous, heroic person that I know."

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Sounds like with ask of the people standing up for stricter gun laws, the nra wants to make sure you're mostly seeing their side.

That is kind of one of the first things when I seen that story.

Many years ago I used to support the NRA.

They used to be kind of decent and there were some reasons to make it worth being a part of. Though, over time they just kept getting more far out with their crazy shit and became something I couldn't stomach being a part of. This dumb shit doesn't surprise me at all. I think their time of being anything of value is long since past and would like to see those ass hats gone.

As for ole Asshat Pai, well, fuck that guy, but I have to admit he is a perfect fit for being teamed up with the NRA. Two peas in a pod there.