Little Drummer Boy Challenge 2017

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Don't listen to the video below...

Forgot to post this yesterday, but Black Friday marks the opening of the annual Little Drummer Boy (LDB) Challenge. The object of the game is to make it to Christmas without hearing the LDB Christmas song. If you hear it, you lose and you're out.

I don't play it precisely the same way as the site that originated it--my friends and I have too much fun trying to Rickroll each other with LDB, for example. Also, I've seen international members on here pick a song that's more ubiquitous in their own country. I think it's customizable.

As of writing, I'm still in. Anyone care to join me? Last year, I got out because I was listening to the Vince Guaraldi Charlie Brown Christmas album. I will not make that mistake again.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Don't listen to the video below...

Forgot to post this yesterday, but Black Friday marks the opening of the annual Little Drummer Boy (LDB) Challenge. The object of the game is to make it to Christmas without hearing the LDB Christmas song. If you hear it, you lose and you're out.

I don't play it precisely the same way as the site that originated it--my friends and I have too much fun trying to Rickroll each other with LDB, for example. Also, I've seen international members on here pick a song that's more ubiquitous in their own country. I think it's customizable.

As of writing, I'm still in. Anyone care to join me? Last year, I got out because I was listening to the Vince Guaraldi Charlie Brown Christmas album. I will not make that mistake again.

Oh, I'm in. Did myself a solid and listened to it a few days ago when our mother posted it online. Christmas or bust now, emm effers.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Seeing as I live in Sweden and don't watch TV, I just might get through this.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm out. I got sniped this morning while pumping gas at the station. Pretty sure other people thought i was crazy when I started to yell minor cuss words lol.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
The xLadx got me.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I made it the last 2 or 3 years successfully. This year I was awake for 2 hours tops before that 70s show played it on tv. My wife felt amazingly bad about it lol.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You know... I was gonna ask Cory to splice a video for me...

It would start with the Neosd release... and half-way through... it'd play the little drummer boy...

Meh... these are the things I think about when drunk...

xROTx

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
After 3 years of trying...I was finally successful last year. I will not be attempting it again.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Well, so far so good. I suppose it's okay if I lose though - I hear it I win anyway cuz that's my jam. That and Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i think they're starting the christmas songs a little late this year. haven't heard any so far.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I already failed. They played it while I was listening to the radio Saturday or Sunday morning.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm out. I heard it while at a resturant with my Dad.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Always in. I've been lucky so far since I've banned any and all Christmas music in the car and while I'm at home.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I lost when I went into work on the 1st. Christmas music playing with a loop every 3-5 hours I think? I know I'd hear the exact same song two or sometimes three times within a day. Drives me fucking insane.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I lost when I went into work on the 1st. Christmas music playing with a loop every 3-5 hours I think? I know I'd hear the exact same song two or sometimes three times within a day. Drives me fucking insane.

Dude, that is the worst.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I always lose this the very first day. Stupid Christmas music at work.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I'm still in, but it's just a matter of time. The store I shop in almost daily for my work lunches, has Christmas music playing 24/7.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Still in, I think the only place I go that plays Christmas music is the liquor store.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
My niece wanted me to attend her middle school concert tonight...wasn't thinking that it was a winter/Christmas concert...made it through, though, without hearing LDB.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Is it possible for admins and mods to embed html code in the posts? I suggest trolling everyone by embeding a midi file, or any other audio file that plays in the background on this page. Do modern browsers even support oldschool midi playback? This was the shit in the 90s. Everyone had to have some ridiculous midi tune to go along with all of the animated gifs.