Free Play Florida 2017 Neo Geo panel

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It was fun sitting around listening to you guys reminisce. Did you get a good turnout? All your painstaking research over the years is very much appreciated by fans. Geddon, I hope you've made a full recovery.

Really enjoyed the proto talk, as always. Billy always gives me hope for the future.

If you ever consider updating the master list again, consider fixing the typo in Irritating Max/Ultra Denryuu Iararabou (should be "Irairabou"). As a Japanese major it always bothered me a little, and I noticed a lot of sites copied the mistake over the years. Otherwise the master list is basically perfect. You could update some of the prototype games. But the 2004 version is also good for historic purposes.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Thanks so much Alec, means a lot. Great suggestion too for sure. Feeling better now too, thanks :)

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
This was great to listen to while walking the dogs this morning. Especially interesting to a latecomer like me, who wasn't around back then.

sr20det510

Geese's Limo Driver
This podcast was really interesting, and the hour flew by.

Lots of great vignettes, reminded me of what it was like to be a gamer in the 90s.

Good listen. Although it was mentioned vaguely that the unreleased protos would be released eventually but there were no details given which was a bit disappointing.

EDIT: I just finished and the last question clarified things some.

Last edited:

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
Really enjoyed listening to this, its great to hear the stories from way back when and I especially liked the past and present information on Prototypes exciting stuff, would like to hear more of this kind of stuff if you guys ever get together for podcasts or something.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Enjoyed your talk. Thanks for recording and sharing it. Maybe next year you guys can focus on MVS stuff? I'm interested to hear about Neo Geo in the arcades back in the day, and it sounds like Billy has some knowledge there.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I was there at Free Play Florida, but was holed up in the pinball tournament otherwise I'd have been at this. It was literally right across the hall. I did listen to this though, fun listen to hear how things were back in the day.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Nice little chat archive, nothing new if you were around, but interesting to hear about those kind of personal stories on those that took the plunge into aes when it was active. And on that note, good on the mom who was fine with you taking their credit card to put $1000 on it for games, especially back then, even if you could back it up from the piggy bank.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
+1 for the great podcast. I am looking forward to the future projects mentioned during the discussion.