The American National Anthem has ALWAYS sucked.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
The 35-year-old lawyer and 'amateur poet' Francis Scott Key wrote a bad song, and we've been forced to sing this piece of shit piece of music since 1930. I give you the American national anthem:

Now watch the fucking FRENCH national anthem, which is a great national anthem and better than ours in (almost) every way:

DISCUSS.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Qu'un sang impure abreuve nos sillons? GTFO with that racist bullshit.

Have you ever seen a black popstar sing the french anthem in front of their president?

'murica > france.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Best anthem in the world, sung by the animals of long ago "The Beasts Of England". This one -- second best:

Spoiler:

The singing of this song throws me into the wildest excitement. Almost before the video had reached the end, I had begun singing it for myself. Even the stupidest of my comrades had already picked up the tune and a few of the words, and as for the clever ones, such as the the fellow members of these boards and chats, they had the entire song by heart within a few minutes.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Only one truly qualifies...

55e231094ceca3d1d11b0ff4ad5d113d.jpg

Say, what you want, but I love this song.
Just like he did.

Edit:

On a scond thought... I love country music and John Denver wrote some masterpieces that I could easily see as the National Anthem of the USA. Whenever I'm mad at America, I listen to his songs and it's all good again -- just like reading Goethe, whenever I'm mad at my own home sweet home. Life is tough already, no need to make it tougher.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Only one truly qualifies...

55e231094ceca3d1d11b0ff4ad5d113d.jpg

Say, what you want, but I love this song.
Just like he did.

Edit:

On a scond thought... I love country music and John Denver wrote some masterpieces that I could easily see as the National Anthem of the USA. Whenever I'm mad at America, I listen to his songs and it's all good again -- just like reading Goethe, whenever I'm mad at my own home sweet home. Life is tough already, no need to make it tougher.

It's got one hell of a thigh slappin', hell clappin' feeling about it. Hooray!

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Yeah, Dixie is way better a tune than the Star Spangled Banner, it's a really catchy song. Hell- My 'Ole Kentucky Home is better than the SSB.

You have to compartmentalize the racist bullshit in the songs and feel the tune, can you feel me baby?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
What about patriotism? In a time, where so many countries lost the feeling for the difference? Asking for a friend...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What about patriotism? In a time, where so many countries lost the feeling for the difference? Asking for a friend...

Most people don’t understand the difference between patriotism and nationalism.

Most “patriots” are just tribal anglos.