Any other games have the "ring out" like Real Bout???

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
I love Real Bout Fatal Fury due to the "ring out" feature. Do anyone happen to know of any other 2D fighters that have this type of feature?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Jeez, that's a good question.

Uh...Virtua Fighter 2 on the Genesis. Virtua Fighter mini on game gear. Gameboy Toshinden.

Arcade games other than RB, uhh I can't think of any.

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
I remember good ol Toshinden and Bloody Roar for PS1, but I love that feature in Real Bout, shame they never experimented with it again.

Jeez, that's a good question.

Uh...Virtua Fighter 2 on the Genesis. Virtua Fighter mini on game gear. Gameboy Toshinden.

Arcade games other than RB, uhh I can't think of any.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I remember good ol Toshinden and Bloody Roar for PS1, but I love that feature in Real Bout, shame they never experimented with it again.

Right, but you were asking about 2D games with ring out features. GB Toshinden had that. Obviously, the other toshindens, bloody roar, and countless other 3D fighters included ring outs.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
There are plenty of 3d fighters that use ring outs. I always thought Samurai Shodown 64 was cool since you could hang off the ledge.

The only 2d ones that come to mind are the smash clones Like Jump Super Stars. You do have the instant kill games like Time Killers if you are looking for games that kill early or Guilty Gear series with their finishers at any time. Though I know that's not what were talking about here.

I want to say I ran into a game where you could stage kill at any time, but I'm drawing a blank as to what the game was.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Not exactly ring outs but more like fatalities depending on the stage. Eternal Champions and Mortal Kombat.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I know Mortal Kombat's stage fatalities are available when you beat the opponent, but not sure how Eternal Champions works.

I'm talking about more like Injustice where you can access the stage areas, but instead of damage, it kills the opponent similar to a ring out. I'm drawing a blank right now.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I know Mortal Kombat's stage fatalities are available when you beat the opponent, but not sure how Eternal Champions works.

Your opponent has to be in an exact spot to trigger the stage kill.

Some of them are pretty lengthy, like the Chicago stage's drive-by in front of the theater.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Your opponent has to be in an exact spot to trigger the stage kill.

Some of them are pretty lengthy, like the Chicago stage's drive-by in front of the theater.

That's a good one. Doesn't the Sega CD have the more brutal stage kills or are they the same as the Genny?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That's a good one. Doesn't the Sega CD have the more brutal stage kills or are they the same as the Genny?

I know the SCD one had more blood, but I dunno if they were any different.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nearly all 3D fighters have the ring out but very few 2D ones do.

Yeah, I'm always amazed with SNK's fascination on adapting 3D fighters in particular and 3D in general into their games. The two-, later even three-lane system of their flagship Fatal Fury, backgrounds and sprite designs favoring depth and perspective, pre-rendered graphics etc. Even pure unrefined gameplay from the Virtua Fighter series constituting the spine of third Art of Fighting. And it all works! Eat that, Capcom ;).

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Not really ring-outs, but Kaiser Knuckle has breakable walls that open up new sections of stages. Plus stages get gradually destroyed, which is pretty damn awesome.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I feel like one of the Dragon Ball 2D fighters might have ring outs but I can't recall which one. I've got them all so maybe I'll spend an hour or so looking into it.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Brutal: Paws of Fury has one stage where you can throw the opponent out of the ring. Check it out, and fast forward to 13:24