Refurb old seimitsu joystick

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have a Sega Astro City that I just came into. I replaced the buttons but I'm trying to just refurb the worn joysticks. They are seimitsu ls-32's. Player 1 has more wear. It has more travel more to reach contacts when going back and forward.

My question is, can I just buy the the parts that cause the the joystick to travel more side to side? If so what parts do I need?

Thanks before hand.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
You can buy Seimitsu LS32 refurb kits, I bought a couple off of Kernow on this forum a while ago, maybe give him a shout he had quite a few at the time.

This will make your sticks shiny and new.

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You can buy Seimitsu LS32 refurb kits, I bought a couple off of Kernow on this forum a while ago, maybe give him a shout he had quite a few at the time.

This will make your sticks shiny and new.
Were your sticks pretty loose that cause travel/lag? What parts did the kit include? I'll try PM Kernow. Thanks

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Sounds to me like you need to replace the spring and actuator. Pretty simple actually.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Best stay away from akishop altogether. Their turnaround time and communication has become ridiculous.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
is that right?

ive never ordered from them before. it sucks because i dont know what my options are outside of them

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Focus Attack is a really good place to look for joystick bits and pieces...plus they carry this stuff....
https://www.focusattack.com/fa-dab-...-silicone-grease-vial-for-seimitsu-joysticks/

which is great, cause you get it for much cheaper than a whole friggin tube...I have purchased from them several times, and they have great shipping and communication.

Hope it helps at all....also...Paradise arcade generally has parts for the semitsu/sanwa lines of sticks...but if all else fails...new sticks are pretty cheap.

Best of luck!

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Focus Attack is a really good place to look for joystick bits and pieces...plus they carry this stuff....
https://www.focusattack.com/fa-dab-...-silicone-grease-vial-for-seimitsu-joysticks/

which is great, cause you get it for much cheaper than a whole friggin tube...I have purchased from them several times, and they have great shipping and communication.

Hope it helps at all....also...Paradise arcade generally has parts for the semitsu/sanwa lines of sticks...but if all else fails...new sticks are pretty cheap.

Best of luck!
Thanks, will Check them out. Just needed to know what parts wear out.